MK HeroClix House Rules

Friday 4 October 2013

Gaming with Neoscream: 4th October 2013

He is finally here, Yes?
Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”, the all new weekly gaming post that replace’s the “MK HeroClix”, the “Model Painting” and the “7TV Listings” posts as well gaming news and events that use to be in my “Neoscream’s Life” posts. Each section of the post will have its own introduced for the first two or three weeks.



Gaming News

This is where the weekly gaming news for the games I that I follow and play will be posted. This will not include the news that was release on the day I posted this post (unless it is really big or cannot wait until next week).

First off is the Mantic news. Hours after I posted last week’s post, Mantic posted a KickStarter post for DreadBall. They have already shipped almost a third of the backers stuff. The second Mantic open day of 2013 will be on the 30th November. About 1:30PM GMT on the day I post this, the Mars Attacks KickStarter will start. Mantic have been going on and on about. Will live up to the hype? Only time will tell. They have been revealing several painted figures this week.

Next is the Zombicide news. There is a new mission on their website called “Zombies At The Door”.

Now for the Privateer Press news. The final three CAD sculpts were revealed Friday night/Saturday morning of the models from the Warmachine Tactics KickStarter. Finally am image of the Steelsoul Protector solo which is out next month for the Convergence has been revealed and it looks great. Wednesday next week will see the release of: the Houseguard Halberdiers Retribution Unit, the Reductors Convergence Unit, the Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex Convergence Solo, Reflex Servitors Convergence Solos, Hordes High Command and the Formula P3 Brown/Aluminum Putty.

Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. Painted images of the Robo-Minions have been moments after I posted last week’s post and they were released on Tuesday. Also on Tuesday saw the release of the United Radionics Programme Guide (PDF) and the October Deal of the Month. This month’s deal is the United Radionics Programme Guide and your choice of ONE bargain United Radionics Deal: four Minions (three different types, with UR helmets), three Federated Security plus a Commander or four Simian Minions, all for £11.50. That is a saving of at less £5.50.

7TV Robo-Minions verses Cops
Now for the HeroClix news. This week there was previews of the Columbia from Star Trek Tactics III; Technoshocker and Lord Varatrix from Mage Knight Resurrection; the long awaited Death’s Head from Marvel The Invincible Iron Man; Copperhead from DC Batman Arkham Origins; and Smeagol, Gollum and Theoden from Lord of the Rings Two Towers. On personal news I have ordered The Mighty Scenario Set for Fear Itself from 13th Floor. It has Iron Man in it as well as Marvel legal Dwarves and generic Stark Employees.

Next is the Interface Zero news. Yes that is right; I have decided to post news on this game here now. Preview pages of the World chapter form the Interface Zero 2.0 rulebook have been posted on the KickStarter update page this week. The layout look get and I cannot wait until I get the PDF of the full book.

Preview image from the OVA Rulebook with images
Now for the OVA news. My chat about KickStarter must have done something as the night before I posted this post, there was a major update. The main rulebook itself is still being delay due to a lot of art work still being worked on. However all backers of $15 and above have received a picture less version rulebook with the main rules and character creation to tide them over until the main book is done. As it came the night before this post is posted and I was busy studying. I did not have time to really check it out. Hopefully I will get time to for the next post. This is also being used as Beta rules to get player feedback for any errors and changes needed for the final version. Also stuff like the buttons have been designed and is being sent off to be produced.

Next is the Kingdom Death news. On the comments page of the KickStarter changes to the monsters Butcher and Phoenix and the card War Paint were revealed. Butcher now draws two AI cards a turn, one of Phoenix’s AI cards can reset time to Year 1 and War Paint can now only be used once a turn. Also the Pinup Twilight Knight, is getting a little update. Her sword has been replaced with an actual Twilight Sword her cape has be replaced with a hand sculpted cape.

Lilly Rain Eve from CosmicBreak
Here are the links to the three polls for the Hasslefree Sculpting Competition 2012; Modern sculpts, Fantasy sculpts and Sci-fi sculpts. Please have a look through all the entries and choose your favourite three from each category. All polls close on Monday the 7th of October at midnight. Followers of this blog will know I have three entries in them. These are Unnamed Fighter (Lilly Rain Eve from CosmicBreak) in Fantasy, Unnamed Sci-Fi Adventurer (Kallen from Code Geass) in SciFi and Unnamed Shapeshifter in Sci-Fi.



Past Events

There was none this week, but next week there should be at least the High Command release Tournament and the DreadBall Tournament.



Future Events

This is where I post up and coming local gaming events I know of and events that I am going to. So people know, when I say local, I mean Milton Keynes.

·         On Mondays at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Boardgames night and Friday Night Magic.
·         On Saturday the 5th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be going to this Tournament.
·         On Saturday the 12th of October, Rob Taylor will be running a couple of demos of DreadBall Ultimate at Wargames Workshop MK. I will most likely not be going to this Demo due to work.
·         On Saturday the 19th of October, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will not be going to this as I do not play 40k anymore.
·         On Saturday the 2nd of November, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will not be going to this as I do not play X-Wing.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start playing at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre paying your place in tournament (highly recommended) please go to their website which there is a link to their site under my links to the right hand side of this blog.



Painting and Converting

This section replaces the old Model Painting post. This week I have done the Secret Project, two Exemplar Cinerators and a seventh Robot Guard. Now for what the Secret Project is. About a month ago after the last DreadBall Tournament I was looking at the model I made of AJ and decided needed to re-paint the hair. But after some thinking I decided to do a whole new figure. I looked on Hasslefree Miniatures for a figure that would be perfect for converting to a modern AJ than old Raw GM AJ. I found a fantastic figure to use, HFA109 Maria (c). Sadly they only have a single copy left so I could not get a second copy to one day send off. So I will have to wait until more are produced to do the second. There were a couple of changes I wanted to do. Alter the boots so they were no longer high hilled and to lengthen the hair, but when I got the figure I realised that lengthening the hair would be a nightmare as it was all over the body. So I just altered the boots and it looks great. The will still use the original figure I made as a DreadBall Coaching Staff (I will alter the hair colour someday) and the new one will be used for 7TV (and maybe a lucky charm).

This week's figures frontal view
This week's figure rear view
This week's Warmachine figures
This week's Dreadball figure
HFA109 Maria (c)
New CWC 100 rating photo
New CWC 200 rating photo
New and Old

Next week I should be doing another Robot Guard, the final two Robot Jacks (13 and 14), Rico Van Dien, K-9 and Commander Strax.



Armies

This is where re-listing for 7TV teams, new 7TV team lists and force/team listings of teams I used (and maybe opponents too if I can) during events.

This week's 7TV re-listing will be my Attack of the Killer Tomatoes team. Sorry no write up this week. I have not given it thought on how they fit into my 7TV Universe.


More Tomatoes is the future plan for this team, maybe bigger ones too. Next week I will be doing the 300 rating listing of my Doctor Who team.



Homemade Rules

Here I will be posting homemade rules or house rule. I will TRY to post at least one rule in each post. This week is not really something to use, just something I have made. Followers of this blog will know about the HeroClix Cosplay cards I do. Ages ago I did one of AJ Lee. Since then AJ has Cosplayed Kaitlyn before she won the Divas Championship off Kaitlyn. I forgot to update her card then but now I have.


Until next time, Armour Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment