On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of the Star Wars Imperial Assault. This time we were playing Biv Bodhrik's personal mission. Sadly we ended up losing on the last turn, however I was very close.
|I was planning on doing a updated team |
image here, however DropBox is not
updating at the moment.
The internet is now back to normal, however the Ethernet ports do not seem to work. To cut down on cables and to be a quick fix my parents decided to got the wireless adapters for the Sky box and the Xbox 360.
Recently my parents have redecorating the house. Several weeks ago they got a bunch of new furniture for the living room and now last week we got a new bathroom fitted and my day painted their bedroom, the bathroom and the entrance way. Oh and removing the carpet and lino throughout the house apart from my room (and for unknown reasons the kitchen too) was take up as we are getting new carpet and lino at the beginning of August. Due to the amount of stuff in my room and needing somewhere to store stuff during the re-carpeting, my room is not getting redecorated or carpeted. My room will most likely be done next year. However due to the need to store stuff in my room, I have been tidying/sorting out my room so there would be room. I manage to get rid of another box of stuff as well as a bit of draw space. I just really need to do the mean work surfaces and the area at the bottom of my bed/behind my chair.
On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. The scenario was "Ladies Night". 400 points, Female Characters Only. I ended up I ended up building an X-(wo)Men themed team who were:
Storm (003 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 50
Emma Frost (005a Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 80
Kitty Pryde (023a Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 45
Rachel Summers (010 Marvel X-Men Day of Future Past) 76
Dazzler (008 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Jean Grey (017 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 40
Nocturne (034 Marvel Super Nova) 35
On the first round I was up against Darren S who was using a Lady Liberators team who were:
Wasp (008 Marvel Civil War event) 70
Scarlet Witch (055 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 75
Spider-Woman (055 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD) 90
Invisible Woman (102 Marvel Marvel Chaos War) 80
Tigra (040 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Like normal against Darren S, I lost. Also Michael won his game against his brother Adrian. On the second round I was up against Adrian who was also using an X-(wo)Men themed team who were:
Storm (003 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 50
Pixie (056 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 75
White Phoenix Hope (103 Marvel Avengers versus X-Men) 175
Emma Frost (010 Marvel Avengers versus X-Men) 100
I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. On the third and final round I was up against Michael who was using a Femizons themed team who were:
Songbird (024 Marvel Civil War event) 70
Superia (032 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 140
Lyra (016 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 88
Thundra (012 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 88
I am not sure I am right on what he used as I sadly never got a picture of his team. However I do know that the first two figures are correct. Also I forgot to note down the results. I have a feeling I won my game and Darren S won his game against Adrian, but I am not a hundred percent sure.
"Cardfight Vanguard Tournament"
On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. I decided to go with my Nova Grappler deck as I have be using my Cosmic Heroes deck quite a lot lately. It was a Extreme format Tournament, meaning you can cross clans. Four timed rounds of best of three games followed by top four play off that are single game with no time limit. Draws are classed as a lost for both players. Due to the format I decided to swap the Nova Grappler G-Guardians for the new Dimensional Police ones.
On the first round I was up against a Pale Moon player. Sadly it ended up being a draw.
On the third I was up against a Shadow Paladin deck. Sadly it ended up being a draw again.
On the fourth and final round before the top four cut off, I was up against Wai-Yin who was using a Pale Moon deck for the first time. I oddly managed to win this round quite quickly. Sadly with only one win I did not get into the top four.
"Watch, Listen and Read”
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw and episode 11 of Supergirl.
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and episode 12 of Supergirl.
Brought: Ten card storage boxes.
Watched: Episode 13 of Supergirl.
Watched: Episodes 7 to 15 of Pokemon X and Y and Star War The Force Awakens.
Brought and Received: Six mini deck boxes for Zombicide, a new Keyboard and Star War The Force Awakens.
Received: Ten card storage boxes.
Watched: Episodes 16 and 24 of Pokemon X and Y, episodes 30 to 34 of Cardfight Vanguard G Stride Gate, that week's episode of Weekenders and that week's episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Still in the post or soon be should
July's Loot Crate.
This is my brief weekly news section from the world of of war, board and card gaming (plus some other games). This up-to-date to when I post this than to Sunday night like the rest of the post.
First off we have the Bushiroad news. With Cardfight Vanguard, this Friday will see the release of G Clan Booster Three "Blessing of Divas" in English.
Next is the HeroClix news. Since last time we got previews of: Chameleon from Marvel Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
Now for the Miniatures Wargaming The Movie news. Since the last post they have unlocked the "Spanish Subtitles" extras has been unlocked. The next stretch goals are "French Subtitles" at £17.5k and a "German Cameraman" miniature at £20k.
Now for the Force of Will English news. This Friday will see the release of the Vingolf fixed cars set in english.
Next is the Giga-Robo KickStarter news. They have unlocked/added since the last post: A 93mm KickStarter Exclusive Iron Fusion stage three version of Ayzn miniature as an add-on, a KickStarter Exclusive Premium O-Gun vs. Dai-Raijin V playmat as an add-on; and a KickStarter Exclusive dice bag as an add-on. OK the add-on might have been around during the last post, however I was in as rush to get the post up.
The current stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The "Assault of the Armada" expansion at $52.8k; the "Warrior of the Wastes" expansion at $62k; plastic buildings to replace the card ones in the core set at $70.5k; Unique art for every card at $77k; all twelve Ultimate Technique cards from the core set will be upgraded to full foil cards and $79k; two-hundred double matte sleeves feature exclusive artwork and 50 sleeve pack as add-ons at $84.5k; a fifteen track Original at $89k; and a digital "Giga Robo! The Zoider War" Lore/Art book at a social goal also five lucky random backers will get a physical hardcover copy.
- Wave four of Kingdom Death Monster (December 2013), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave three of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Paranoia” (June 2015), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Zero Agents” (December 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “Infinity RPG” (October 2016) and wave two of “Slaughterball” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
- "Mechabrick Upgraded" (March 2016) and "Frostgrave: Into The Breeding Pits" is shipping or will be starting to ship soon.
- “Myth Journeyman” (June 2016), wave two of "Zombicide Black Plague" (December 2015), "Warbears and Stagriders, Fantasy Wargames Miniatures" (March 2016), "Teenage Mutant Turtles: Shadows of the Past" and "Odyssey Argonauts" should be shipping this month.
- Wave one of "The Walking Dead All Out War", wave one of the “Infinity RPG” (February 2016), "Dropfleet Commander" (June 2016), "The Others: 7 Sins" (March 2016) and “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” (June 2016) should be shipping in August 2016.
- "Miniatures Wargaming The Movie" will be ending on the 7th of August 2016.
- Both wave one of “Warpath”, “Demigods Rising” (July 2015) and the PDFs for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in September 2016.
- “Conan” board game (February 2016), "Rail Raiders Infinite" and "Arcadia Quest Inferno" (June 2016) should ship in October 2016.
- Both wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and wave two of the “Infinity RPG” (July 2016) should ship some time between October and December 2016.
- "Masmorra: Dungeon of Arcadia" should ship in November 2016.
- “Super Dungeon Explore: Legends” should ship in December 2016.
- "Widower's Wood" should ship in January 2017.
- Wave two of "Warpath" should ship some time between January to March 2017.
- The physical stuff for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in February 2017.
- Both "Dark Souls: The Board Game" and "Massive Darkness" should ship in April 2017.
- "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" should ship in May 2017.
- "DreadBall 2" should ship in July 2017.
- "Miniatures Wargaming The Movie" should ship in November 2017.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
- Every Monday (except Bank Holidays) and now Thursday night at Wargames Workshop MK is their Wargames and Boardgamers night.
- Every Tuesday and Friday night at Wargames Workshop MK is their Magic the Gathering nights.
- Every Thursday night Milton Keynes Wargames Society holds a gaming night at York House in Stony Stratford.
- On Saturday the 30th of July 2016, there will be both a Luck and Logic and Force of Will tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Please check the "Card Circuit M.K." Facebook group for details.
- On Monday the 1st of August 2016, will be the seven part of the Frostgrave campaign being played at Wargames Workshop MK. We will be meeting up once a month on the first Monday of the month for ten months. For details please check the "Frostgrave: The Beginning" Facebook group.
- On Saturday the 6th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
- On Sunday the 7th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Sunday the 21th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running an Android Netrunner tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Saturday the 27th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
- On Sunday the 4th of September 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £3 gaming fee or £3.50 for tournaments that do not already have a charge. With non-tournaments you will also need to pre-book a table for
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they normally only take the yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM for us gamers, but normally people start arriving about fifteen minutes early to grab tables.
Until next time, enjoy life.