Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First of is the HeroClix news. This week we got previews of (for HCRealms): Simon Baz from DC War of Light and Captain Britain from the Marvel Monthly prize support..
Now for the Dragon Tides KickStarter. Since last week they have manage to fund the project and unlocked: The playable character Cindy Fairchild added to Jade Dragon level and above; 21 Henchmen minis (but just one sculpt) added to Jade Dragon level and above; and the four character Fairytale Universe add-on set.
This major speed up in funding is most likely due to the “Beasts of War” coverage on last week’s Weekenders.
Now as the game has finally be funded, here are the stretch goals that are still going: Four foil Character Combo Cards will be added to all tier levels (with physical rewards) at $50k; a prequel storyline with a double-side location board and tokens will be added to all tier levels (with physical rewards) at $55k; the character Lion Sloane will be added to Jade Dragon level and above as well as the Level 99 Games character Cherri Senca as an add-on at $60; the character Colt Booker will be added to Jade Dragon level and above as well as the Soda Pop Miniatures character Candy Kunoichi as an add-on at $70; the character Casey Storm will be added to Jade Dragon level and above as well as the Greater Than Than Games character The Operative as an add-on at $80; the characters Phoenix Lim, Pasqual and Muscles Hawk (Jackie Chan) as part of an expansion at $90k; the character Ferdinand Bucks will be added to Jade Dragon level and above as well as the Marrow Production (Journey: Wrath of Daemons) character Zhi Lan as an add-on at $100; and the character Osar Kham will be added to Jade Dragon level at $110k.
Next is the new version Paranoia news. Last Friday Mongooses Publishing started the KickStarter for the all new version Paranoia. The classic RPG of a darkly humorous future; Rebooted by James Wallis to be faster and even easier to play.
Over the week they managed to: Fund the game; The Mutant Explosion deck; the Office CPU Form Pack; and The Adventure pack Ultraviolent by John Wick.
The Stretch Goals that still going on: A Secret goal at £100k; and the Secret Society expansion deck at £120k.
Now for the Mantic news. PDF’s of the final version of the main rulebook and the Compendium for Mars Attacks have been sent to all backers. The Compendium also comes with the rules for the thirteenth Dreadball team, the Martian team. They seem interesting, but a bit too similar to the Verr-meen team in states.
All the Martian Giant Robots are sorted now so the last bunch of backer stuff are on it way (or should be soon).
We also got finished painted image of the Reb team for DreadBall and they have revealed that backers will be able to pick up their DreadBall Xtreme wave one stuff at the Mantic Open Day just before it starts shipping. This sadly means that it will not start shipping until December as the Open Day is on Saturday 29th of November.
Next is the Wireless Power Board Game Terrain and Miniature Lighting KickStarter. Sadly it is still being funded, however they have added a bunch of new backer levels and add-ons.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. A new supplement for 7th Voyage is coming out soon (if not now) to celebrate Hallowing called “The Witching Hour”. It will be covering Gothic horror and folklore and will have rules for things like witch hunters, stock monsters, headless horsemen and lots more in a 32 page PDF.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. We got four more green from the Half-Orc Adventurers and some more coloured images of the Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. There was a new update this week. All the core armour sets are in and from what I have seen they look fantastic. They also showed off the finished card tokens for the game too. Oh and we got a write up of one of the beta game.
Lastly is the current Hasslefree Miniatures Sculpting Contest news. Still no more news from them yet.
· “Kingdom Death Monster”, “Mechabrick”, wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics”, wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” and wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will shipping, but I willing to bet they will be sometime in 2015
· “Arcadia Quest” from all but the European hub, wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for all apart from Europe, "Mars Attacks", wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” and “Mechadrome” should have (or soon will) started shipping
· “Dust Operation Babylon”, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook, the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook, wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” for Europe, wave three of “Deadzone”, “Last Saga”, the coloured ran of “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit”, “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks), “Arcadia Quest” from the EU hub, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" and hopefully the physical copy of “OVA” are meant to start shipping this month
· Return of the Dragon aka “Dragon Tides” will end on KickStarter on the 12th of November 2014
· "Wireless Power Board Game Terrain and Miniature Lighting" KickStarter will end on the 3rd of December
· Both “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King” and wave one of “DreadBall Xtreme” should be shipping in December 2014
· “Guild Ball” should ship in January 2015
· “StarCrawlers” Episode One is listed to be done and out by February 2015
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship in February 2015
· "Wireless Power Board Game Terrain and Miniature Lighting" should ship in April 2015
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in April/May 2015
· “Half-Orc Adventures” should ship in May 2015
· “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Demigods Rising” and “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” should ship in July 2015
· “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” should ship in August 2015
“Painting and Converting”
This week things are back to normal. This week I have for you a second Pinup Saviour, two Ice Prawns, an Ice King, an Ice Queen and the MVP Blaine.
|This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Loka figures|
|The MVP Blaine|
|Here it is next to my first one|
|Celebrating 20 Kingdom Death figures painted|
|A closer look look at row one|
|A closer look at row two|
|A closer look at row three|
|A closer look at row four|
Next week there should be a Ver-Meen Keeper, four Ver-Meen Players, a Prone Z’zor player, a Workerdroid, Apothecary and a Primitive
I have finish paining the Wet Nurse and started work on a base for it and its Slaves. I have also finished the Elven Ice Queen, Elven Swan Magus, the swans, X Jr and the Martian team (minus prone tokens). I am now currently working on three X-Guard members and two Rebs.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.