On Monday evening I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for my first ever game of Mark three Warmachine. I was using a modified version of my classic Captain Kara Sloan Force. Due to points changes and the fact that you can only field one attachment to your Battle Group now, I had to drop the Squier. Also after hearing how well Hunters work with Captain Kara Sloan, I decided to drop the Black 13th for my second Hunter (and buy a third). Here is the new look force:
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (4)
- Defender Heavy Warjack (16)
- Hunter Light Warjack (11)
- Hunter Light Warjack (11)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages unit (11)
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Captain (4)
Greygore Boomhowler and Co uint (17)
- Captain Jonas Murdoch (4)
With Pokemon Go this week I have manage to get to level nineteen and I now have eight 1k Pokemon (I only had one before last week).
Due to working on Sunday (which I had off for several weeks), I could not get as much as I wanted done in my room. However it was ready for this Monday.
"Thursday Night HeroClix"
On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. The scenario was 500 points, no figure over 100 points (yes I did a typo in last week’s post). I building a Marauders themed team that I been wanting to try out. The team was:
Blockbuster (010 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 65
Harpoon (011 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 50
Lady Mastermind (012 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 45
Riptide (014 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 45
Scrambler (015 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 30
John Greycrow (017 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 60
Vanisher (018 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 40
Sabretooth (031 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 75
Mister Sinister (060 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 95
On the first round I was up against Adrian who was using a Pro-Registration themed team who were:
Iron Man (002 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Ms. Marvel (004 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Spider-Man (014 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Radioactive Man (016 Marvel Civil War event) 70 + Thunderbolts (ATA) 8 = 78
Taskmaster (026 Marvel Civil War event) 80 + Thunderbolts (ATA) 8 = 88
Mach-IV (028 Marvel Civil War event) 90 + Thunderbolts (ATA) 8 = 98
I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. On the second round I was up against Darren S who was using a Heroes For Hire themed team who were:
Daredevil (014 Marvel 2015 Prize Support) 90
Moon Knight (010 Marvel 2015 Prize Support) 75
Shroud (012 Marvel 2015 Prize Support) 40
Luke Cage (011 Marvel Civil War event) 70
Silver Sable (011 Marvel Deadpool) 100
Falcon (023 Marvel Civil War event) 70
I must be missing something here, most likely a figure that I cannot remember that was missing from the photo I took. Anyway, like normal against Darren S, I lost. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael. On the third and final round I was up against Michael who was using an Anti-Registration themed team who were:
Captain America (001 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Vision (003 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Luke Cage (011 Marvel Civil War event) 70
Spider-Man (013 Marvel Civil War event) 80
Goliath (029 Marvel Civil War event) 90
Night Nurse (105 Marvel Civil War event) 20
Punisher (103 Marvel Civil War event) 60
I ended up winning this game Also Darren S won against Adrian.
This week there is no HeroClix.
"Luck and Logic/Force of Will Tournament"
On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Luck and Logic Tournament. There was also meant to be a Force of Will tournament too. Shell was not able to make it, however according to her Liam was meant to be running things, which I thought was odd as Liam said to me that he would not be at the tournament last week. However just before I got there (just past 11am), Liam left leave Matt in charge with no prize support. Something important must have come up or he was only there to give Matt the prize support got there and then needed to, forgot to give Matt the prize support. Anyway, sadly we did not get the turn out that was needed to run a Tournament for ever game (six players). So it ended up being a general free fight. I go a gaming in with my Sena deck which I won and some Cardfight Vanguard games borrowing Matt's decks as I left my decks at home as I thought I would not need them.
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and episodes 35 and 36 of Pokemon XY.
Brought: A third Cygnar Hunter Light Warjack.
Received: July's Loot Crate.
Watched: Episodes 37 of Pokemon XY.
Watched: Episode 35 of Cardfight Vanguard G Stride Gate and that week's episode of Weekenders.
Brought and Received: Six boosters of Luck and Logic booster set one "Growth and Genies".
Watched: That week's episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Still in the post or soon be should
My third Hunter.
This is my brief weekly news section from the world of of war, board and card gaming (plus some other games). This up-to-date to when I post this than to Sunday night like the rest of the post.
Next is the HeroClix news. Since last time we got previews of: Mephisto and Devil Dinosaur from Marvel Superior Foes of Spider-Man; and Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson and Doctor Octopus from Marvel Superior Foes of Spider-Man Fast Forces.
Now for the Miniatures Wargaming The Movie news. Since the last post they have not unlocked anything. The next stretch goals are "French Subtitles" at £17.5k and a "German Cameraman" miniature at £20k.
Next is the Mantic news. With the DreadBall 2 they have unlocked/added since the last post: A Deluxe Ultimate gaming mat as an add-on; Roster pads as add-ons; Return to Azure Forest Galactic Tour pack as an add-on; Twelve players for the new Matsudan team was added to the Striker pledge level and above; a new pledge level called "Most Valuable Play" which includes everything from the Striker, the Deluxe Ultimate gaming, Return to Azure Forest Galactic Tour pack, an extra Dice Shaker, a set of custom dice and Decal Sheet; five Draconis All-Star Robot player, one Draconis All-Star Robot Prone Marker, four Ninth Moon Tree Sharks Yndij players and a Dice Shaker was added to Stiker level and above; Draconic All-Stars team as an add-on; a new pledge level called "Team Colours" which comes with everything from Most Valuable Player however all the miniatures will be painted; the KickStarter Exclusive Ninth Moon Tree Sharks Yndij Captain was added to the Striker pledge level and above; Three extra players and three prone markers for the Night Moon Tree Sharks Yndij was added to the Striker pledge level and above; and Ninth Moon Tree Sharks Yndij team as an add-on.
The current stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: Elmer and Dobs KickStarter Exclusive commentary team will be added to the Striker pledge level and above at 1,750 backers; five more players and a prone marker for the Matsudan Substitutes will be added to the Striker pledge level and above at $160k; and the KickStarter Exclusive Matsudan Substitutes Captain will be added to the Striker pledge level and above at $170k.
Now for the Giga-Robo KickStarter news. They have unlocked/added since the last post: A KickStarter Exclusive Phoenix Wing Chogoking miniature as an add-on; and the "Assault of the Armada" expansion at $52.8k.
The current stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The "Warrior of the Wastes" expansion at $62k; plastic buildings to replace the card ones in the core set at $70.5k; Unique art for every card at $77k; all twelve Ultimate Technique cards from the core set will be upgraded to full foil cards and $79k; two-hundred double matte sleeves feature exclusive artwork and 50 sleeve pack as add-ons at $84.5k; a fifteen track Original at $89k; and a digital "Giga Robo! The Zoider War" Lore/Art book at a social goal also five lucky random backers will get a physical hardcover copy.
Spawn locations for many of the rare Pokemon have changed. For example places where Pinsir were commonly found, you can now catch Electrabuzz.
The update was big, but was not in the way people were hoping. First thing now customise your trainer outside starting the game. Sadly no new options yet.
Next they moved Transfer a Pokemon into a menu button instead of being at the bottom of the page. Some people like this some people hate this. In my opinion I think it's a good move that will save time. Also Favoured Pokemon not not be transferred until you unfavour them.
There was a massive re-balancing of moves, were special attacks are much better now and are worth using.
Due to the three step bug and other things, they have removed the step system. They are currently working on a new tracking system. On top of this Niantic, the creators of the game, are shutting down third party apps like PokeVision as they are add more stress
Lastly (there are more but I need to get this finished. most of are bug fixes and new graphics/animations) catching pokemon has became more difficult and curve balls are harder to throw too. This was not covers in the updates list. Both this and the removing of the step system has really pissed of players (as well as iOS user lessing the battery saving system). Niantic lack of communications to players did not help. A statement has just came out from them, however it only really covers the step system and removal of third party apps.
- Wave four of Kingdom Death Monster (December 2013), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave three of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Paranoia” (June 2015), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Zero Agents” (December 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “Infinity RPG” (October 2016) and wave two of “Slaughterball” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
- “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” (June 2016) has or will soon start shipping.
- “Myth Journeyman” (June 2016), wave two of "Zombicide Black Plague" (December 2015), "Warbears and Stagriders, Fantasy Wargames Miniatures" (March 2016), "Teenage Mutant Turtles: Shadows of the Past" (July 2016), "Odyssey Argonauts" (July 2016), wave one of "The Walking Dead All Out War", wave one of the “Infinity RPG” (February 2016) and "Dropfleet Commander" (June 2016) and "The Others: 7 Sins" (March 2016) should be shipping this month.
- "Miniatures Wargaming The Movie" will be ending on the 7th of August 2016.
- Both wave one of “Warpath”, “Demigods Rising” (July 2015) and the PDFs for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in September 2016.
- “Conan” board game (February 2016), "Rail Raiders Infinite" and "Arcadia Quest Inferno" (June 2016) should ship in October 2016.
- Both wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and wave two of the “Infinity RPG” (July 2016) should ship some time between October and December 2016.
- "Masmorra: Dungeon of Arcadia" should ship in November 2016.
- "Widower's Wood" should ship in January 2017.
- Wave two of "Warpath" should ship some time between January to March 2017.
- The physical stuff for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in February 2017.
- Both "Dark Souls: The Board Game" and "Massive Darkness" should ship in April 2017.
- “Super Dungeon Explore: Legends” should ship in April to June 2017.
- "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" should ship in May 2017.
- "DreadBall 2" should ship in July 2017.
- "Miniatures Wargaming The Movie" should ship in November 2017.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
- Every Monday (except Bank Holidays) and now Thursday night at Wargames Workshop MK is their Wargames and Boardgamers night.
- Every Tuesday and Friday night at Wargames Workshop MK is their Magic the Gathering nights.
- Every Thursday night Milton Keynes Wargames Society holds a gaming night at York House in Stony Stratford.
- On Saturday the 6th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
- On Sunday the 7th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Sunday the 21th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running an Android Netrunner tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Saturday the 27th of August 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
- On Sunday the 4th of September 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Monday the 5th of September 2016, will be the eighth part of the Frostgrave campaign being played at Wargames Workshop MK. We will be meeting up once a month on the first Monday of the month for ten months. For details please check the "Frostgrave: The Beginning" Facebook group.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £3 gaming fee or £3.50 for tournaments that do not already have a charge. With non-tournaments you will also need to pre-book a table for
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they normally only take the yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM for us gamers, but normally people start arriving about fifteen minutes early to grab tables.
Until next time, enjoy life.