MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 6 August 2017

Neoscream's Painting Table: 6th of August 2017

Hi everyone and welcome to another blog post. As the back log of painting is finally done. I want to move on to something else. I have decided to show off a part of my on display collections/work space each week. Let us start with the first of the four display cupboards above my bad, the one on the left. This cupboard contains most of my large gaming miniatures and some small special ones. Let us start with the bottom shelf.


This shelf holds my large Kingdom Death Monster figures. Lion King, Sunstalker (at this point in time it is not there as it is waiting to be under coated) and Phoenix. Both the Gorm and the Lonely Tree did live in here until it was painted. Now it is boxed up to travel with the game. I normally keep the Gorm, the White Lion and the Screaming Antelope in the core box as these were the most commonly hunted figures and as the Lonely Tree is/can be used as two bits of terrain, it is useful to carry around too.


The second shelf has the rest of my KDM Monsters that are not in the core box, or on the bottom shelf. The only exception is the Spidicules (due to size) and the Forsaker (as I forgot to put him back after doing the back log photos).


The third shelf has a bunch of smaller random figures. A couple of characters and a banner from my old Warhammer Fantasy Chaos army (the only things I kept), the Ninja KDM figure (as the umbrella is too delicate and big to transport with the other survivors), my Neoscream mascots figure, a Battletech Axeman figure (bought as a reminder of the Battletech cartoon), Knight Miniatures Iron Man, a figure I made based on Lily Rain Eve from CosmicBreak, two large Arcadia Quest figure, and a Demi-Gods.



On the top shelf was my Inquisitor stuff (well most) and the Poison Dragon from Arcadia Quest.

Next week I will be the middle cupboard.



Painting

This week I have managed to finish off: I am currently painting Trista from Reaper Miniatures Bones; Scooper from Sphere Wars; and Tinkerbell from Tale Of War Miniatures.


Sadly it was not much this week. However, I have been building Darleks and Cybermen for Doctor Who Exterminate, which I will be playing against Bob next week. I am currently painting Astrid from Reaper Miniatures Bones; the 2015 Salute figure; Peter Pan from Tale Of War Miniatures; Sephera (cannot remember where she is from); and four Monster Fruit.




Gaming

Kingdom Death Monster WWMK

On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Kingdom Death Monster. Adrian, Michael, and Bob turned up. There was no Wai-Yin, but she gave a reason why. We went up against a level two Gorm. This was the first time we went up against a level two monster in this campaign. Seeing the traits of the monster, the group began thinking it was a was a bad move. However, we did take it down in two turns. We did suffer some injuries, but they were mainly due to events than attacks.

The Settlement event was Glossolalia, where we got a good result due to a life time reroll. The Story event was Principle of Society, where we picked Barbaric and luckily we did not get the result that meant that we would have lost all our resources. Our innovation this time was Beds. We also build two more Leather Shields and a Weapon Smith.


HeroClix

On Thursday I went down to York House for some games of HeroClix. This week's we continued the 'Teenage Kicks' scenario. 400 points. It is time to find the most Kickass Teenage Supergroup. Six teams enter the arena in a battle to find the ultimate champions. All players will play each team at least once. Darren S supplied the teams and the teams are Runaways, Young Avengers, New Mutants, Teen Titans, Ravagers and Initiative. The image next to this is of the team lists.

On the first game of the day, I was up against Michael. We were using the remain two teams needed to use, him as Teen Titans versus me as Runaways. I managed to win this one. Also, Darren won his game against Adrian in their friendly.

Darren decided to do a top four playoff of the top teams. Young Avengers, Runaways, New Mutants and Teen Titans. On the semi-finals, I was up against Darren. I ended up with the New Mutants team while Darren ended up being the Young Avengers team. Like normal against Darren and the Young Avengers, I lost. Meaning the Young Avengers move on to the finals and New Mutants will be in the third place playoffs. Also, Michael won his game against his brother Adrian.

On the final game of the play, I was up against Adrian. We were using the teams to determine who will be in fourth place. I was using the Runaways while Adrian was using the New Mutants. I managed to win this one. Also in the finals, Darren who was using Teen Titans won his game against Michael who was using Young Avenger.

So due to the top four playoff, Young Avengers lost their throne to Teen Titans who were third in the campaign before the top four playoff.


Simon's

On Friday evening, I went down to Simon's with Darren H. As there was no Richard, we did not play KDM. Instead, we mainly chatted and played four rounds of Exploding Kittens. Three with the NSFW deck and one with the standard deck. If memory services me right, Darren won two games (first and last) and both myself and Simon won one game each.


Card Gaming

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Future Card Buddy tournament. However, we did not have enough players by starting time. So it ended up being casual Bushiroad card game. I traded for so extra cards for my Chouchou deck, an X-tiger (finally) and another Hero World deck for Buddyfight. I got a ton of Cardfight Vanguard and Buddyfight games with Crawford and Matt, as well as watching a game of Bushiroad's new card game, Dragoborne. It was an enjoyable day, apart from the long bus journeys home.


Future Games
  • On Monday the 7th of August I will be going to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Doctor Who Exterminate.
  • On Thursday the 10th of August, I should be going to York House for some games of HeroClix.
  • On Saturday the 12th of August, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament happening at Wargames Workshop MK. However, sadly I will not be going to it as I will be helping my mate Simon move back to Milton Keynes.
  • On Monday the 14th of August, I should be going to Wargames Workshop MK for a game.

Well, that is it for this post. Until all are one with the Lantern-Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment