OK, last week I showed off the first of my display cupboards. So let us move on the second, starting with the bottom shelf.
This shelf holds my three MechWarrior figures (one hidden behind the next thing), a figure of the Yu-Gi-Oh figure Launcher Spider, Planet Express Ship from Futurama, USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D from Star Trek, an Enforcer Accuser Interceptor from Mantic's Warpath and silver PVC Conehead Decepticon Seeker.
The middle shelf (two pictures due to sheer numbers) has a ton of my 7TV and Doctor Who stuff. However, the Doctor Who figures have been moved out and boxed for Doctor Who Exterminate. The 7TV stuff are based on the Black Knights from Code Geass, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, James Bond, Section 9 from Ghost in the Shell, the Silicon Lords and Hive Master from my old stories and Cyborg characters from a team based on WWE Wrestlers.
Due to the huge gap left by the Doctor Who miniatures, I am thinking of move the remaining stuff to the top two shelves of the first cupboard and placing one of my Warmachine force in instead. If I do this I will post updates after doing all the areas I plan on covering.
On the top shelf has a large Tomahawk toy from Robotech (Macross) and my a chunk of my Decepticon Seeks.
Next week I will be the third cupboard.
This week I have managed to finish off Astrid from Reaper Miniatures Bones, the 2015 Salute figure, Sephera (cannot remember where she is from and I cannot find her on an internet search), Peter Pan from Tale Of War Miniatures, the Gate for my castle terrain, Smiley from Arcadia Quest, a figure based on the 10th Doctor from Heresy Miniatures (sadly the do not sell his any more so I cannot get a name), Hedgehog Girl from Sphere Wars,
I am currently painting two Tengu Harrier and a Tengu Mage from Stonehaven and Surprised Faceless and Serious from Arcadia Quest.
Doctor Who Exterminate!
I managed to Exterminate a chunk of his team. However, Bob was extremely lucky with his V Tokens and he won with twelve victory points to my seven. Overall it was an enjoyable game, however, there were a couple of problems.
- It is not that clear if Armour has a factor in Close Combat. We did play it that it does not.
- A large chunk of Warlord's Doctor Who ranges currently do not have rules as the figures do not come with them (apart from the two expansion packs) and the Starter set only covered what was in it, both Doctors sets and three Alien packs. They have stated that there will be PDFs rules for them in the future.
- The force cards do not have any lists of Weapons that are/can be equipped with or clear statements of that Faction(s) they work for or list of what is in the faction in the books (eg. army listing). Also, there are some inconsistencies in the cards. The three man Dalek Patrol in the Dalek expansion has a Fate Token while the three Dalek Patrol in the core game does not.
I decided to make an Avengers themed team, more because I made a mistake and only realised the night before as I was about to go to bed (thinking it was 500 points). The team ended up being:
Iron Man (002 Marvel What If) 100
Thor (005 Marvel What If) 110
Iron Rick (010 Marvel What If) 55
Iron Punisher (023 Marvel What If) 100
Black Panther (007 Marvel Avengers/Defender War) 30
Captain America (011 Marvel Avengers/Defenders War) 50
Warmachine (004 Marvel Captain America Civil War) 105
Hawkeye (002 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 85
Echo (010 Marvel Avengers Assemble 96
Firebird (011 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 105
Justice (014 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 64
On the first round, I was up against Adrian who was using an X-Men themed team. This was a nightmare game where his defense from range was twenty (my team was range based), his attacks were twelve at a minimum and a ton of hypersonic. and Power Cosmic. All this was due to Cannonball and Emma Frost. I was creamed, losing the game. I was not expecting to do good, but those very high values compared to my average values made the game very unfun.
On the second round, I got the bye. So it was Darren S verse Adrian. Adrian won this game, but it was a lot more of a close fight.
On the third and final round, I was up against Darren who was using a Crime Syndicate themed team. I lost this game (like normal against Darren), but it was a much more fun game than the one against Adrain.
As there was no Michael, we will be using the same build next time. However, I will be using a different team and Adrain will hopefully try a different team than the cheesy one he was using.
- On Monday the 14th of August I will be going to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Mansions of Madness.
- On Thursday the 17th of August, I should be going to York House for some games of HeroClix.
- On Saturday the 19th of August, there will be a Future Card Buddyfight Tournament happening at Wargames Workshop MK.
- On Monday the 21st of August, I should be going to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Kingdom Death Monster.
Well, that is it for this post. Until all are one with the Lantern-Spark.