Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
Oh “F” I forgot the Log (not blog) celebrated its fifth birthday on Wednesday (I swear I had set up reminders on my phone). Wow, five whole years of writing. The blog it will be celebrating five years on the 5th of April.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of Copperhead, Fiddler and Pied Piper from DC Justice League Trinity War and event/convention figures of Spider-Ham, The Weird, White Queen, Cuckoo (pog), Harpie Lady and the Millennium Eye.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were the half-orc warrior.
Now for the Ninja Division news. Robotech RPG Tactics the EU stuff should have been all sent out to backers by now, however shipping to Australian Kickstarter backers and the rest of the world will start in a week or twos time. Also Wayland Games is sadly already selling the game to people. I learnt this on Wednesday, a day after the wave one stuff ships to backers. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! If it was pre-orders I would have been fine with in, but these were items already in stock before backers get theirs. Now this might not be Ninja Division fault as Wayland might have brought these from a third party in the USA were it is officially only out in. Well anyway I just got mine yesterday. Sadly I have done much with them due to sickness however I do have a bunch of photos.
With Super Dungeon Explorer Forgotten King should arrive in port in the USA on the 22nd of March and in port in the UK on the 30th of March. So they should start shipping to backers in April.
Relic Knights another of their games got knocked out of the top twenty non-computer game KickStarters yesterday. The KickStarter that did it is listed at the bottom of this section.
Next is the Ghostbusters the board game news. This week this KickStarter has ended. It made $1,546,269 and had 8,396 backers. This placed this KickStarter in tenth place in the top twenty non-computer game KickStarters.
Since last week’s post they managed to smash stretch goals and new add-on, which were: The KickStarter exclusive Walter Peck was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge; the KickStarter exclusive Rookie Ghostbuster was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level and to the primed “new” Ghostbusters add-on; the box set Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was upgraded to 100mm tall; five KickStarter exclusive class two Spawns of Cathulhu ghosts will be added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level and as an add-on; a mega bundle of all the add-ons as a $200 add-on (a saving of $25); the KickStarter exclusive
tall ghost Cathulhu was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level;
five KickStarter exclusive class one Fearsome Flushes will be added to the
Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level; a 100mm KickStarter exclusive
Boogaloo ghost was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level; the
Mass Hysteria pledge level Kickstarter exclusive packaging will now be foiled;
and the Spirit World tile to keep track of ghost has been added to the main
There was no Stretch Goals left as they stopped putting up new ones about ten hours before the KickStarter ended. There will be no pledge manager for this KickStarter, just a survey.
Now for the Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business news. The KickStarter has finally started and it is doing well.
They managed to unlock so far: The Mercenary figure Jim Peterson (couth Deadpool couth) was added to Gambler level and above; the Confederate Rebellion Underboss/Sidekick Marie Laveau and Nazombie; all Faction Bundles will include an additional Hired Hand box set; and an underboss will be added to all four faction bundles.
Here are the Stretch Goals that are still going (note they have changed): New models for all six original factions at $135k; new Sidekicks for all four new Factions $145k; new Light Supports for all four new Factions at $160k; new models for all six original factions at $17k; the four Horseman at $200k; new Heavy Support for all four new Factions at $250k; ten Ladies of the west figures at $300k; wave two Hired Hands for all four new Factions at $350k; a mounted Mercenary figure added to Rebel level and above at 750 backers; and a Mercenary Light Support figure added to Rebel level and above at 1,000 backer.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With the Blood Rage KickStarter the goals they managed unlock since last week were: A figure and rules for Frigga; a figure and rules for Odin; a figure and rules for Heimdall; and a figure and rules for Thor.
Here are the currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: Two Serpent Shamans figures at $550k.
With Zombicide Season Three, despite them still waiting for the final container in the USA, they have decided to start shipping it in the USA. The Australia and New Zealand containers have arrived in the country, but there is no word if they have cleared customs yet. None of the EU containers have arrived yet.
Now for the CosmicBreak 2 KickStarter news. The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: Funding the game at $150k; a Mac version at $170k; Addition of two supporting characters and an additional stage at $220k; Character songs for one of the three new main heroines at $270k; a new game mode at $320k; a PS4 version at $370k; another new game mode at $420k; and a XboxOne version at $470k.
With it nowhere near funded and that it is ending on Sunday, I sadly see this failing.
Next is the DAC: Dungeon Architect Cards news. The goals unlock since the last post were: Nothing.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: They will do a short semi-animated Dungeon Delver episode at $10k.
Now for the StarCrawlers news. The game is currently up for backers only on Steam until the 17th of March where it will be available for the public. Sadly Steam is acting up on my computer at the moment so I cannot get the game at the moment.
Next is the Privateer Press news. Next Wednesday will see the release of: The Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Roleplaying Game Adventure Kit; the Warmachine All-in-One Army Box for Protectorate of Menoth; the Khador Unit Kossite Woodsmen; the Hordes All-in-One Army Box for Legion of Everblight; the Minion Gatorman Battle Engine Sacral Vault; and issue 59 of No Quarter.
Now for the Guild Ball news. The finished digital rules are now out on their website free to download by anyone.
Next is the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game news. The goals unlock since last week were: The first part of Expansion Four with extra Hood models and is secret temple base; and a Thunderbirds Roleplaying add-on that uses the stuff in the board game.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: The final part of Expansion Four which will include rules to play the Hood as a fifth player at £170k; four more Pod Vehicles added to Expansion One; and extra models were added to the Roleplaying game.
Now for the Megacon Games news. The Myth Journeyman KickStarter has started and is doing very well. The goals unlock since it started were: Funding the project; ten Golden Gear minions “T1ck-T0cks” were added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; the Golden Gear module as an add-on; two Golden Gear captains “Kn1ghts” were added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; the Golden Gear boss “Prof. Rustyspocket” was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; the insect commander “Kolgaluth” was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; the tribal commander “Elder Mattaka” was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Darkness app for IOS was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Warrior hero and a Battledancer hero figures were added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Mendicant hero and a Necromancer hero figures was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Tactician hero and a Shadow hero figures was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Ranger hero and a Duelist hero figures was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; a Weaver hero and an Elementalist hero figures was added to both Hero and Minion pledge level; ten Horde of the Devourer minions “Gooples” was added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels; and the Horde of the Devourer module as an add-on.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: Two Horde of the Devourer captains “Dopples” will added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels at $325k; a daemon boss “Teraxas” will added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels at $350k; a Horde of the Devourer boss “The Devourer” will added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels at $375k; the KickStarter exclusive agent “Traitea” will added to both Hero and Minion pledge levels and the KickStarter exclusive Avatar of Shadows module at $400k; and the Monk novice hero class with figure and deck at 3k backers.
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. They have shown off greens of a bunch of "Not" Doctor Who figures. These are based on UNIT characters from the past and present. I might pick these up at Salute. Speaking about Salute, they will be demoing 2nd edition 7TV there. Can not wait to see all the changes they have done.
Now for the Dragon Tides news. The pledge manager is still running due the fact that there are still people that have not filled it in yet, however it is close to being locked. They are currently about $213 away from unlocking a free Ivan Castle "Hitman" variant for Jade Dragons pledge level and above.
Also a digital copy of the main rulebook is out. This does not include the scenes as they are in their own books and it does not included the rules for Solo and Co-op play as they will be in an expansion.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. This week there was a mini update in the comments section. All files for printing have been delivered to the printers. All plastic production is finished and in the hands of the printers. We are now moving into the printing and packing phase.
Lastly due to the massive success of their previous two KickStarters, I have decided to follow Dwarven Forge's new KickStarter, "Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System". Build the miniature city of your dreams! Dwarven Forge, makers of fine gamer and dungeon terrain, present their new City Builder System. This has knocked Relic Knights out of the top twenty non-computer game KickStarters. It is currently in seventeenth place. The goals unlock since it started were: Four by four floors with stairwell were added; Steep Stairs were added; more Corner Posts were added; four by four floors with Trapdoors were added; extra Terracotta Roofs were added as add-ons; extra Slated Roofs were added as add-ons; the Chimneys will be magnetised plus extra; Monster Sewer add-ons; and the Assassin’s Perch will be magnetised plus extra.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: A door add-on pack at $975k; and a Balcony will be added at $1m.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· Both wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe and “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) has begun shipping.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Zombicide Season Three” (February 2015), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), “Guild Ball” (December 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping this month.
· “CosmicBreak 2” KickStarter should end on the 15th of March 2015.
· “Blood Rage” KickStarter should end on the 17th of March 2015.
· “Dungeon Architect Cards” KickStarter should end on the 27th of March 2015.
· Both “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Myth Journeyman” KickStarters should end on the 29th of March 2015.
· “Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business” KickStarter should end on the 31st of March 2015.
· “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” KickStarter should end on the 3rd of April 2015.
· “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), “Last Saga” (November 2014) and the PDF version of Dungeon Architect Cards should ship in April 2015.
· Both wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition”, “Exploding Kittens” and Beta version of “CosmicBreak 2” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “CosmicBreak 2”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· Both “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Both “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in December 2015.
· “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 14th of March there will be a RPG and board game event in Milton Keynes, called Concrete Cow. It will be happening at The Old Bath House in Wolverton.
· On Thursday the 19th of March 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be a "War of Kings” scenario which is 500 points, the team must have at least one figure with the Ruler keyword. Choose a figure with the Ruler keyword, that ruler Is King. King figures have Master Mind and if they KO another King you gain 50 extra Victory Points. Yes this keeps getting pushed back.
· On Saturday the 21st of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 4th of April 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 11th of April in International TableTop Day. Play more games.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you five Cygnar Rangers and an elven Sniper.
|This post's figures front view|
|This post's figure's rear view|
|This post's Warmachine figures. I do plan on re basing these as a later date. I will be hunting for bases at Salute.|
|This guy was paint based on the most shady penguin of YouTube ShadyPenguin|
|The Elven Sniper|
The next post should be a Kitsune, a Sci-Fi Civilian and five Convict Players.
During the week have finished off one more Arcadia Quest, a Kingdom Death and three more Warmachine figures. I am also be working on Shen (well not really as I am waiting on some painting tip) and some Malifaux and Mars Attacks figures.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.