Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of Black Orchid from DC Justice League Trinity War.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were the Grippli Anatuarch and the Cat.
Now for the Ninja Division news. This week we finally got (no it is not wave one in the UK, I am still wanting for that) preview of wave two. These were component CAD images for the Gnerl, the Ghost, the Lancer, the Glaug-Eldare and the Jotun Armoured Valkyrie. These are still being worked on and do not include any extra parts.
Next is the Ghostbusters the board game news. This week this KickStarter has entered the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters, knocking MERCS: Recon out of it. It is currently at seventeenth place.
Since last week’s post they managed to smash stretch goals and new add-on, which were: The KickStarter exclusive Ghostbuster Ron Alexander was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels; four KickStarter exclusive double sided Library tiles were added to the Mass Hysteria Pledge level and as an add-on; the KickStarter exclusive Tobin’s Spirit Guide box was added to the Mass Hysteria Pledge level and as an add-on; the KickStarter exclusive ghosts Spectral Ghostbusters as an add-on; the KickStarter exclusive Ghostbuster Melanie Oritz was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level; a set of primed version of the four new Ghostbusters as an add-on; and the KickStarter exclusive Ghost Ivo Shandor was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: The KickStarter exclusive Walter Peckwill be added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level at $940k; and the KickStarter exclusive Rookie Ghostbuster be added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge level at $980k.
|The Watchers Bundle Deal|
They managed to unlock so far: The initial funding of the four new factions; an extra sidekicks was added to all four faction bundles; a set of Limited Edition alternate rules Silver cards for Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Frank James, Doc Holiday, Outlaw Iron Horse and Interceptor added to Ranch Hand level and above; the Golden Army Boss Poncho Villa as an add-on; the Dark Nation Underboss Avonaco as an add-on; the Dark Nation Boss Big Horn; and the Watchers Light Support Scarab.
Here is the next ten the planned Stretch Goals that are still going: The Confederate Rebellion Sidekick Captain Williams at $115k; free underboss added to all four faction bundles at $125k; the Confederate Rebellion Underboss/Sidekick Marie Laveau and Nazombie at $135k; new models for all six original factions at $150k; the Confederate Rebellion Light Support Blackhoof at $160k; the Golden Army Light Support Conquistador at $170k; the Dark Nation Light Support Iron Horse; the Mercenary figure Jim Peterson (couth Deadpool couth) added to Gambler level and above at 500 backers (very close in doing if not done); a mounted Mercenary figure added to Rebel level and above at 750 backers; a Mercenary Light Support figure added to Rebel level and above at 1,000 backer; and at 700 likes.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide Season Three, the USA are still waiting for one more container to arrive before shipping to the USA backers. It is in the USA, however due to the delay at the docks it has still not arrived yet. The EU stuff are estimated to arrive at the UK warehouse in three waves. Container one is eta for yesterday, containers two to four are eta for the 12th of March and container five is eta for the 19th of March. They have been pre-packed and will ship as they arrive instead of waiting for all the containers to arrive. The Australia and New Zealand should have arrive and started shipping. The APAC stuff should be shipping from China some time during this month. Most like after Chinese New Year is over and done with. Also there is a new mission up on their website called “Alarming Plan” and previews of Doc MC and Dick the Undertaker.
On more Cool Minis or Not news, they have started a new KickStarter called Blood Rage. A strategic board game where Viking clans pillage and battle in a quest for glory at the end of the world. . The goals unlock since it started were: Initial funding; a Dwarf Chieftain was added to the main game; a Dark Elf was added to the main game; a Soldier of Hal was added to the main game; an extra Warrior Sculpt for Raven Clan; an extra Warrior Sculpt for Wolf Clan; an extra Warrior Sculpt for Serpent Clan; an extra Warrior Sculpt for Bear Clan; a KickStarter exclusive Sculpted Saga Token; a KickStarter exclusive Sculpted Doom Token; sixteen KickStarter exclusive Sculpted Clan Tokens; a KickStarter exclusive Mystic Troll; a KickStarter exclusive Sculpted First Player Token; a fifth player expiation which well come with some KickStarter exclusive stuff (Ram Clan Tokens and alternate sculpts of Dwarf Chieftain, a Dark Elf and Soldier of Hal); a KickStarter exclusive Sculpted First Player Token; a KickStarter exclusive Mountain Giant; a figure and rules for Loki; a figure and rules for Tyr;and a Artbook for Blood Rage by Adrian Smith.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: A figure and rules for Frigga at $400k.
Now for the Mantic news. The second Deadzone KickStarter should be starting sometime this month. With this announcement they also showed off some new Pathfinder figures from the Enforcers and on Breasts of Wart they had some concept art and prototypes of the new Veer-Myn faction which both will be doing in hard plastic.
Next is the CosmicBreak 2 KickStarter news. The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: Funding the game at $150k; a Mac version at $170k; Addition of two supporting characters and an additional stage at $220k; Character songs for one of the three new main heroines at $270k; a new game mode at $320k; a PS4 version at $370k; another new game mode at $420k; and a XboxOne version at $470k.
Now for the DAC: Dungeon Architect Cards news. The goals unlock since the last post were: A bunch of dungeon symbols in layered tiff format so you can add them to your dungeon cards; a Traps deck as an add-on; a Treasure deck as an add-on; and Isometric Dungeon Poster pdf.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: They will do a short semi-animated Dungeon Delver episode at $10k.
Next is the StarCrawlers news. The game should be up on Steam for early access on the 17th of March however backers will gain access on the 10th, a week before anyone else.
Now for the Demigods Rising news. This week we got an image of the 95% finished layout for the hero card.
Next the OVA news. The Seven Seas Cross-over stuff is up to download now. This includes several characters from their comic Vampire Cheerleaders and rules for being and becoming a Vampire Cheerleader.
Now the Privateer Press news. The March release will all come out on the 18th. These will be: The Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Roleplaying Game Adventure Kit; the Warmachine All-in-One Army Box for Protectorate of Menoth; the Khador Unit Kossite Woodsmen; the Hordes All-in-One Army Box for Legion of Everblight; the Minion Gatorman Battle Engine Sacral Vault; and issue 59 of No Quarter.
They also revealed May’s releases which are: The Khador Character Heavy Warjack Ruin; the released Cryx Unit Revenant Crew of the Atramentous with three Riflemen; the Warmachine All-in-One Army Box for Cryx; the Circle Satyr Character Heavy Warbast Brennos the Elderhorn; the Circle Unit Reeves/Wolves of Orboros; the Hordes All-in-One Army Box for Circle Orboros and issue 60 of No Quarter.
Next is the Guild Ball news. The finished digital rules will be posted online due a live stream they are doing tonight at
9PM 8PM GMT.
Now before moving on to new stuff, I would like to state that Intercontinental TableTop Day will be happening on the 11th of April this year. So as Will Wheaton would say "Play More Games".
Next we have a couple of other KickStarters that I am or will be following. This does not mean I will be backing them beyond $/£1. First there is the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game by Matt Leacock. This lands on the 50th anniversary of the cult TV show. There are three many pledge levels: At £10 you will get all the plastic models from the board game (but not the expansions; at £40 you will get the Board Game; and at £65 you will get the board game and all the Expansions that get funded. The goals unlock since it started were: Initial funding; five promo Disaster cards; higher quality cards and box; Expansion One with Brains, Tracy Island, Parker, FAB 2, Tin-Tin, Ladybird Jet and models for the ten Pod Vehicles; each Tracy brother peg in the base game will now have a unique sculpt; Explosion Two with ten iconic model Vehicles from the show’s major disasters; the base game will now include Explosion Markers to mark on the board the locations of current missions; Explosion Three witch introduce a level-up system and Epic level play; and a set of International Rescue Decals was added to the base game.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: Unrevealed new stuff will be added to the base game at £150k (very close in doing if not done); the first part of Expansion Four with extra Hood models and is secret temple base at £155k; the final part of Expansion Four which will include rules to play the Hood as a fifth player at £170k; and unrevealed new stuff will be added to the base game at 3,000 backers.
|And Expansion 3|
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. Relic Knights - $909,537
19. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
18. Myth - $926,112
17. Ghostbusters the Board Game – Still going (Backed at $1)
17. Ghostbusters the Board Game – Still going (Backed at $1)
16. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
15. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
14. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1)
13. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
11. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
10. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
9. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
8. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
7. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
6. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
5. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
4. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
3. Conan - $3,327,757 (Backed at $1)
2. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
1. Exploding Kittens - $8,782,571 (Backed at The NSFW Deck level)
As you can see in at seventeenth place is a new coming, Ghostbusters the Board Game. However I have a feeling that the second Myth KickStarter will be is the top twenty by next month due to how well the first did.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One, the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Zombicide Season Three” (February 2015), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), “Guild Ball” (December 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe and Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping this month.
· “Myth Journeyman” KickStarter should end on the 9th of March 2015.
· “Ghostbusters The Board Game” KickStarter should end on the 12th of March 2015.
· “CosmicBreak 2” KickStarter should end on the 15th of March 2015.
· “Blood Rage” KickStarter should end on the 17th of March 2015.
· “Dungeon Architect Cards” KickStarter should end on the 27th of March 2015.
· “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” KickStarter should end on the 29th of March 2015.
· “Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business” KickStarter should end on the 31st of March 2015.
· Both “Last Saga” (November 2014) and the PDF version of Dungeon Architect Cards should ship in April 2015.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition”, “Exploding Kittens” and Beta version of “CosmicBreak 2” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “CosmicBreak 2”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· Both “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Both “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in December 2015.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 7th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· On Sunday the 8th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Thursday the 12th of March 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be a "War of Kings” scenario which is 500 points, the team must have at least one figure with the Ruler keyword. Choose a figure with the Ruler keyword, that ruler Is King. King figures have Master Mind and if they KO another King you gain 50 extra Victory Points. Yes this keeps getting pushed back.
· On Saturday the 14th of March there will be a RPG and board game event in Milton Keynes, called Concrete Cow. It will be happening at The Old Bath House in Wolverton.
· On Saturday the 21st of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 4th of April 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 11th of April in International TableTop Day. Play more games.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you a Toxic Zombie Fatty, Berserker Zombie Abomination and four Berserker Zombie Walkers.
|This post's figures front view|
|This post's figures rear view|
|The fourth Toxic Fatty|
|The full fourth Toxic Zombie Wave|
|All the Toxic Zombies from Toxic City Mall.|
|My second Berserker Abomination|
|Four more Berserker Walkers|
The next post should be two Berserker Zombie Runners, a Berserker Zombie Fatty, a Zombie Dog, the Liberian from Kingdom Death and a Long Gunner.
During the week have finished off eight more Arcadia Quest and four more Zombicide figures. I am also be working on Shen (well not really as I am waiting on some painting tip) and some Zombicide and Kingdom Death figures, as well as undercoating a ton more figures and some BattleZone terrain.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.