MK HeroClix House Rules

Monday 29 May 2017

Neoscream's Painting Table: Birthday and MIA. 29th May 2017

Hi everyone to another blog post. Sorry about the long wait for a post. I have been distracted with work, birthday, room, shed and playing a mobile game called Sword Art Online Memory Defrag. So this will be a double bill with brief information on last week's games.

Just a heads up, as there is only real HeroClix happening this week, there will most likely be no post for this week.

Saturday the 13th was my Birthday. I began my day with a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament (which I will cover later in the post. After that, I meet up with a bunch of friends and family for a meal art Pizza Hut and then a smaller group of us watched Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2. I was a good day. OK, yes there are things that could have improved it, but it was still a great day.

With my Shed, I have managed to do a major clear out and a bit of a reorganisation of it. It is now more or less ready. Just a couple of things for my dad to do when he is feeling better and I would like to reorganise the draws I store all my unassembled/unpainted miniatures.

With my bedroom, I have started work on the DVDs. I just have to order two more LARGE folders and then I can move on to my CDs, console games, and PC stuff (like old PC game).

I also received some foam heads which I brought to display my masks and old cosplay bits on my top shelf. Sadly they are causing some major problems. It makes my Optimus Prime voice changer mask too big for the shelf, due to the lightness of the foam heads, the Iron Man mask is too heavy for the head to stand up and then the other two old cosplay get-ups (Kakashi from Naruto and Cyclops from X-Men) will not stay on the foam heads. The foam heads seem to be more of a waste of money and time, but I might have had some ideas to try to save them. Is the one for the Optimus Prime voice changer mask I could probably try cut down the neck area to help it fit in. With the one for the Iron Man mask I need to find a way to lose weight down and so it does not fall over. With the other two, I have invested into and all sided Sellotape to try to hold things like the face mask for Kakashi and the visor for Cyclops. However, I best wait for cosplay friend to return from London Comic Con to ask for advice about this before doing anything.

  I only got several things left that I get up in my bedroom. I still need to sort out the shelves in the towers. Reorganise the two shelves above my computer and TV. Tidy up my surfaces. Finish covering the mirror on my wardrobe and cover the glass above my door to block out the light.

There are no photos of the shed at the moment as I have not taken any and there are a LOT of room photos that will take up most of this post.

Sadly I have not done much painting over the past two weeks. I have only finished one KDM miniature. However, I have done a little model building. I have built another member of my Frostgrave Warband and two Tau Drones for Shadow War Armageddon. Sadly I still have not set up the photo box yet.



Gaming

Cardfight Vanguard Tournament One

On my Birthday, I went to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. I was using my Nova Grappler deck. As I writing this over two weeks after the event this will be brief. I won about one or two of the rounds but never made it to the final cut off.


Kingdom Death Monster

On Monday the 15th of May I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Kingdom Death Monster with my Wargames Workshop MK KDM group. Again, I am writing this about two weeks after the event so this will be brief. The only one from the ground that did not turn up was Michael as sadly he was in the hospital. We hunted a level one Gorm. We managed to win the game. However, both Adrian's and Wai-Yin's characters had to be retired. Adrian's was due to the fact that his character got the disorder that made him retire. Wai-Yin's was due to the fact that her character received a broken back severe injury and now can only carry strength one weapons. Due to bank holidays, Frostgrave and people being away, the next club game will not be happening until at least the second Monday of June at the earliest. With my other group that meets up at Simon's place, we have to wait for the elections to be over, due to Richard's being busy as secretary of that Liberal Democrats in our area and Simon was on Holiday.


HeroClix (Both Weeks)

On Thursday the 18th of May, I went down to York House for some HeroClix game. Again, this will be brief as I am writing this over a week after the event. The scenario was "Tinker (scientist), Tailor (armour), Solider, Spy". 400 points, six actions, no figure above 150 points. Your team must be a generic theme teams. Mixing Universes will be allowed on this occasion. I ended up using a Soldier team who were:

Brandt (011 Marvel Iron Man 3) 78
Extremis Soldier (005 Marvel Iron Man 3) 30
Cammy (009 Street Fighter) 80
Guile (018 Street Fighter) 105
War Machine (004 Marvel Captain America Civil War) 105 + Iron Man is Right (Trait) 5 = 110
=403 points

I lost all three games sadly.

The next HeroClix game was on Thursday the 25th of May. This time we were doing a sealed event using Darren S's brick of Marvel Avengers vs Defenders. I pulled what might have been the best two boosters as they had both the Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider super rare figures. Darren S by the look of things pulled the worst two. I managed to win all three games.


Casual Card Games

On both Saturday the 20th and Tuesday the 23rd of May I meet up Liam and some of the other card gamers at the Toby Carvery for some card gaming as some of them are planning on going to Nationals in June. I also traded my old Genesis Deck for a new one. It is basically a non-foil The Aichi Sendou legend deck with two Blaster Blades instead of one. Just have to do some improvements like adding two more Blaster Blades and adding more Blaster cards.


Shadow War Armageddon

On Monday the 22nd of May I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for my first ever game of Shadow War Armageddon (Shadow War for short). It is a new game from Games Workshop using updated Necromunda rules and figure from they Warhammer 40,000 (40k for short) range. It was a long time since I played Necromunda/second edition 40k (currently they ar at seventh edition, but eight is coming out in June), so I have to get back into the rules. As I still have my old 40k Tau back from Third Edition, I was set to use them. Sadly Shadow War uses only the new Pathfinders from the Tau, which I never got as they were made of metal back then, and I was collecting Tau and I was for going for the mecha suits battlesuits. I ended up using Fire Warriors and my nude Female Tau Sniper I brought from Wargame Exclusive. With the drones, I did decide to buy the Pathfinders (which are plastic nowadays) on the day and quickly built the drones I needed. I never build the Pathfinders as I have ordered online some conversation parts to make some of them into female Tau. Anyway, Bob was using his old Necrons (well, they were much newer than my Tau). The was swinging both ways. Bob had the longer range and better BS (Ballistic Skill), but his dice rolls were CRAP. I had the numbers and a way to ignore cover. However, my main guns were all failing Ammo rolls too early. My sniper failed after the second shot while my Recon Drone failed after the first. I had managed to lower Bob's team to bottling level first. However, due to the high Ld (Leadership) of the Necrons, he managed to stay on until he finally made my team bottle. During the game, we did forget something, Nerve tests. Never mind. Overall, we had fun and I would like to try this again as a campaign.


Cardfight Vanguard Tournament Two

On Saturday the 27th of May I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for another Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. Sadly there was no Wai-Yin as she was away cosplaying at London Comic Con, there was not Shell as she was running the comic book store (Magic Kingdom Comics), and Matt was not there too. Overall there was nine of us playing in the tournament. I decided to use my new Blaster Blade deck which I had some minor improvements to it. Sadly I did not do too well, as I am still getting used to this deck and still need to work on it. One of the rounds was so damn close, but we ran out of time before I could finish my attack. Liam managed to win the tournament using a heavily upgraded Aichi Sendou legend deck. At the end of the tournament, I did manage to trade for a third copy of Blaster Blade. Just need one more copy now. The next main set should be a major help for improving the deck as well.


Computer Gaming

On Sunday the 28th of May, I meet up with Darren H, Simon and Richard online for some online gaming. We played, while tried to play, Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide. Simon had major computer problems and had to drop out and the rest of us were getting MAJOR lag issues. We did manage to complete one game and almost finish a second until the game kicked us off and restarted it. After that, we called t a night. We might try Overwatch in the future, that is if Richard gets it.


Future Games

There is no gaming at Kingston on Monday this week for me, as gaming happens in the daytime than the evening on a Bank Holiday and I work from 9AM to 5PM normally (or so I thought).

HeroClix on Thursday will be 500 points, named themed times only. I am planning on using my new Marvel Knights fast forces set. just need to find a 50 point figure to bulk it up.

Monday the 5th of June should be the third game of the Frostgrave campaign at Wargames Workshop MK.


Well, that is it for this post. Until all are one with the Lantern-Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment