MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Neoscream's Painting Table: Campaign and London. 12th May 2017

Welcome to the return of "Neoscream's Painting Table". (I know an unfinished version of this mistakenly appeared online on Tuesday, sorry.) We are back to the new normal, but there is no backlog photos this week as the photo box has no setup yet as I still need to do a lot more work in my shed. This week I have managed to paint up the second Thief, both Treasure Hunters and the Infantrywoman for my new Frostgrave Warband, as well as two Kingdom Death Monster. I am now working on some more KDM figures. Here are the photos of this week's figures with last week's ones. I included last week's figures as I forget to do multiple angels.


Oh and here is the special figure I was working on. It is meant to be Mikazuki Munechika from Touken Ranbu. I have done this for a good friend (and sadly only a friend) Wai-Yin who is a BIG Touken Ranbu fan and does cosplay as Mikazuki Munechika (and a couple of other characters from the games if I remember correctly).



Life


First thing, please note that the photos from here onward (including the ones in the gaming sections) are from my London trip or from Campaign. I will try to include photos of my room and maybe my shed in next week's post.

The problem has been fixed. Sadly not the way I would have preferred, especially with my 35th birthday coming (this Saturday). It would have been the best present to have life move forward. So I am going to be 35 and never had a girlfriend, this will be a massive downer.

Anyway, with the bedroom and shed, I have been doing a lot more sorting out. However, I still have to try to clear out more from the shed. I ham going to have to be more harasser with my throwing (also the rain today does not help ever).

I have also been doing a little upgrade to my computer after the problem I have been having with online gaming. Darren H said he would give me a better keyboard as mine as it keeps cutting out in the middle of a game. I picked up a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth dongle to replace the mouse that came with my old keyboard. This will also mean I will be able to use a Bluetooth headset too.

On Tuesday I went to London with my mum to see the Robot exhibition at the Science Museum. It was really good but not as good as I thought. I did pick up the book on Robot that was done for the exhibition.

After the Science Museum, we then went to Notting Hill to see the Kyoto Garden (Japanese garden) in Holland Park which Wai-Yin told me about. However, on the way, we spotted an EE store. We were planning on getting a new phone for my mum, so we popped in after something like two hours we walked out with a new phone for my mum, a massive saving on her monthly bill and a Skull Candy Bluetooth headphones for free which I got. As they also have a built-in mic, I can use them with my computer, now that I have a Bluetooth receiver for the computer.

Anyway, after that, we continued to Holland Pack, but before we went to Kyoto Garden, we went to the Cafe for lunch. After lunch, we finally went to Kyoto Garden. If was a lot smaller than what I thought, but still very beautiful.

After Kyoto Garden, we went to Forbidden Planet for a Geeky nosey. Sadly they did not have much Transformers in this time, but I did pick up some HeroClix figures (two Captain America Civil War and four Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 boosters), the Transformer Revolution graphic novel (as I have been planning on getting back into the Transformers comics) and a Dragonball Z Vegeta key ring. Oh and a new Simon's Cat book for my mum.

Whenever I go to Forbidden Planet, I normally pop into Orcs Nest, but this time I decided not to due to both Salute and Campaign, I was a little gamed out. We were planning on going to Evans for my mum. However, we took far too long at EE (due to them being very busy for a small store) and my mum's legs could not take any more (even tho we sat down most of the time in EE), we decided to call it a day there and go home.


Campaign Gaming

Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th was Campaign, a Wargaming convention that happens in Milton Keynes on the weekend following May Day. Like normal, I took a bunch of old stuff to the Bring and Buy. Sadly only made about £22, which pays for the Shadow War Armageddon rulebook I picked up. I also picked up at Campaign two pots of paint and three foam trays to store my KDM survivors in. Sadly I could have gone with just one or two as all the painted survivors one with some room to spare.

On the first day, I watch a game of Dark Souls which Bob was playing in. The club that was running it was running a Boss (not Mini Boss) battle against Executioner Smough and Dragon Slayer Ornstein. The characters were well equipped. In fact too well equipped. It was close (a little), but they managed to win.

I then tried an Ork racing participation game. It was a good laugh and I came second. If I heard Richard correctly he and a nephew played the game too.

I do not really do the second day, apart from buying the foam trays and collecting from the Bring and Buy. I decided to go to Wargames Workshop MK for some card games.


Online Gaming Night

On Saturday night, I got together with Darren H, Richard and Simon online to play several games of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide again. We all had problems with the voice chat in the game. So after a couple of games, we switch to Skype.


Cardfight Vanguard Casual

On Sunday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for some card gaming. The original plan was to ever join in the Cardfight Vanguard G Character Booster Three "Rummy Labyrinth Under the Moonlight" sneak-peek if they need the number or play some Future Card Buddyfight or Force of Will. However, only Wai-Yin turn up for the sneak-peek and only Blake turned up for Future Card Buddyfight. So the three of us plus Jordan had two Cardfight Vanguard duos games. The one I teams up Wai-Yin and the second one I teamed up with Jordan.

On Monday after my game of Frostgrave (which I will talk about next), I got a couple of games of Cardfight Vanguard against Wai-Yin and Liam who were trying out new decks.


Frostgrave

On Monday I went down to Wargame Workshop MK for a game of Frostgrave. It was the second game of our second campaign. We played the second scenario from the core book, "Genie in the Bottle". Only four of us turned up this time, so we split into two "one versus one" games. I was up against Bob. The first treasure I picked up was the Lamp (or bottle), so my Wizard cast Leap on the Thief that picked it up to get them off the field. Then I kept my distance away from the Genie, sacrificing my warcat to the genie. I managed to get two more treasure tokens off and then buggered off leaving Bob dealing with the Genie as I could not harm it at all as it can only be harmed by magical weapons. He managed to defeat the Genie as he had Mystical Warriors the have fists that count as Magical Weapons.

My Wizard went up two more levels so I improved both my Fight and Health. I also gained just under 350 gold and a ton of Potions. I am still thinking of what should I do.


HeroClix

On Thursday I went down to York House for some HeroClix. As Michael was Hospitalised, it was just me and Darren S. we each brought three 400 points teams for three games. Darren S won all three game like normal. I will reveal only one team as the other two were test teams for the scenario planned for the next time we are all together. The team was a Pro-Registration who were:

Iron Man (002 Marvel Civil War) 80
She-Hulk (006 Marvel Civil War) 90
Yellowjacket (010 Marvel Civil War) 60
Doc Samson (012 Marvel Civil War) 70
Spider-Man (014 Marvel Civil War) 80
=380 points


Future Gaming

  • Cardfight Vanguard Tournament on Saturday 13th (my Birthday)
  • Kingdom Death Monster on Monday 15th
  • HeroClix on Thursday 18th


Until all are one with the Lantern-Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment