Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Revival Jam from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Three; and Hank Pym, Ant-Man and Wasp from Marvel Age of Ultron Event.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide I missed that there was a one mission last week. It was called "A Stupid Bet".
Now for the Mantic news. The box for Dungeon Saga will now have a book like look to it. This was followed by previews of some of the monsters and cards for the game.
We also got images of the Abyss forces for Kings of War and a ton of painted photos for DreadBall including finally a painted image of Brute Force. SWEET. Oh and they talked about how the DreadBall Xtreme Player Manual and Xtreme Xpansion changes the game. Click here to read.
Next is the Home Raiders news. During the week they did a poll to see which backers wanted to see a new fan voted faction, more figures for the current factions or more none figure stuff. Extra figures for the current factions just beat a new faction. They have not unlocked anything since last week’s post. The stretch goal that was still going when I posted this was: The faction “Freeloaders” with their faction starter set as an add-on at £30k; and a Freeloaders Booster with the Archivists and the Keeper of the flaming stick as an add-on at £33k.
Now for the “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter news. The KickStarterhas ended with 87 backers and made $2,716.
Next is the Demigods Rising news. We now have a date for the second KickStarter Evolution and prices to upgrade to Silver and Gold level. Silver will be $80 extra ($200 for new backers) and gold will be $180 extra ($300 for new backers).
Now for the Kingdom Death news. This week we got a bunch of new releases. These were the White Speaker Sword Hunter, the Fighter, the Pinup Weaponsmith and the White Knight heavy version. As I post this they currently have on the store the Pinup Weaponsmith, the male Apotheosis, the female Apotheosis, the Flower Witch, the Savior and the Pinups of Death box set. I have managed to pick up the White Speaker Sword Hunter.
Next is the Mechabrick news. Moulds for the part have started being made and they are getting some product tests coming in. The pledge manager should be up in June. Due to this I have moved the shipping date to July, but I have a feeling that is it will be more like August.
Now for the Wyrd Miniatures news. As I have officially started Malifaux, I will be trying to bring Malifaux news from now. On Monday we got a preview the upcoming Into the Steam. It is the next expansion book for the Through the Breach RPG. It covers the lands north of the city of Malifaux and things with a general Arcanist bent. The Illusionist is one of the new Pursuits in the book, allowing you the use of many new Manifested Powers to shock and awe an audience or pull one over on your enemies. It will be out before you know it, along with a companion Penny Dreadful titled Northern Aggression.
Also on May the 29th we should see the release of Whiskey Golem, Merris LaCroix, Molly Crew, Brewmaster Crew, Mechanical Rider, Peacekeeper and Johan.
Next is the Guild Ball news. Frozen Forge are now their Official Manufacturer of Guild Ball Tokens and Templates. You should be able to pre-Orders them now from their website and from local game stores that stock Guild Ball.
Now for the Privateer Press news. This week they have reviled the August 2015 releases. These will be: the Cygnar Heavy Warjack Reliant/Stormclad; the Cygnar Cavalry Unit Storm Lances; the Khador Epic Warcaster Unit Obavnik Kommander Zerkova with Reaver Guard; the Trollblood Heavy Warbeast Extreme Dire Troll Mauler; the Skorne Heavy Warbeast Aradus Sentinel/Soldier; the High Command Two Player Starter called Rapid Engagement; an Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Game called The Undercity; and the Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Skorne Supplement.
Lastly Wargames Workshop is running a couple of painting competitions. One is for this month and will end soon that is being run at they Northampton store. The other will be next month and will be running at the Milton Keynes store. I plan on entering it, but I dealt I will win it. Currently there are no rules for the competition.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should be shipping this month.
· The “Zombicide Black Plague” KickStarter is meant to start towards the end of this month.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), the physical copies of “Paranoia”, “Slaughterball”, wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia and Zeeland, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) and wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should ship in June 2015.
· The “Home Raiders” KickStarter will end on the 7th of June 2015.
· The “Demigods Rising Evolution” KickStarter should be starting on the 9th of June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters The Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· “Demigods Rising” (July 2015), wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Ninja All-Stars” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Sunday the 24th of May 2015, There will be a Zombicide event at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 30th of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Monday the 1st of June 2015, there will be a bunch of Guild Ball game at Wargames Workshop MK to learn the game.
· On Saturday the 6th of June 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you a Standard Zombie Fatty, a Dog Companion, the first player skull and three Berserker Zombie Walkers.
|This post's figures front view.|
|This post's figures rear view.|
|Wave 14 (final) of the Standard Zombies|
|All the Dog Companions.|
The next post should be (no more Zombicide for now) the male Visionary from Kingdom Death and four Gun Mages from Warmachine.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.