Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
Just letting people now that I will be a Campaign this weekend and I will be posting pictures via Twitter and then doing a write up on Sunday evening or sometime Monday.
There will not be a top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters this month as there has been no change since last time.
|The reason why she did not pick up the hammer|
Oh and I do know I forgot to write about April’s Loot Crate in the last “Neoscream’s Life” post. I till try to do it in the next one.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Black Widow, Goliath, Iron Man, Hulk and Steve Rogers chase figures from Marvel Avengers Assemble.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King, wave two is now being sent out to the warehouses from China.
Now for some Robotech RPG Tactics. OK this might not be news but as I have been busy lately building figures and looking at some of the rules, I would like to do a little review. The figures feel smaller than what I thought they be. They also take longer than most figures to put to gather which the instructions did not help at times (attaching the legs of the Guardians was the main problem). They are made out of a soft hard plastic that is easy to cut which sped up construction due to the easy of cleaning the areas that were attached to the sprue. I would say that these figures are no way a good idea for beginners (unless they come from a model building background) or people with not much free as building (not converting) will take several evenings to build a unit. OK the speed statement is from a person with dyslexia, but it will still take a while to do. They are very light weight fir the bases they are on. This is due to them not being bulky like of figures on 40mm bases. Oh and do not use the same angled legs on a Regular, you will have problems with making it stand. The figures are very nice looking and I cannot wait to start painting them. With the rulebook I do have a problem, there are no pictures of the figures what so ever in it.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide Season Three, there had been some problems with shipping. The courier company that was in charge of shipping to per packed boxes to backers has mucked up big time by shipping them to the wrong people. What makes this even worse is that Cool Mini or Not was shipping out another KickStarter at the time called “Xenoshyft: Onslaught”. That means people might have received the wrong game entirely. They are busy trying to fix things. With America and Canada, they received earlier during the week two of the three missing items (the VIP Zombies set two and the Murder of Crows set) and they have revealed another Survivor that they are missing, Nikki. However yesterday they have finally found the missing container and in should be at the warehouse shortly.
Due to time and the fact I am not backing it I will not be covering “B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss” now. However, I will say that the figures look great and I wish I could just buy the figures I want. Never mind.
Now for the “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter from M and K Adventures news. Since last week's post they have unlocked Eldondale and a bundle deal of Eldondale and the other two add-ons as add-ons. Due to produce speed and quality control, they will not be doing any more goals. However they have made Misaki and her Fire Dragon now available as separate figures. Oh and we also got images of the packaging for Misaki.
Next is the Last Saga news. Resin production has been going well. However they have had some major problem with the people doing the metal figures. Due to the lack of communication and heavy delays, they have decided to drop the metal production and do it all in resin. But they have to try to get the masters back first. They plan on shipping orders out as they are ready instead of all at one.
Now for the Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business news. The Pledge Manager should be up now.
Next is the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game news. The Pledge Manager should be up very soon.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. Last week I missed some Crooked Dice news. They have release three packs of three Mk2 Argonauts (their NO the classic Cylons from Battlestar Galactica), two new sets of heads designed for the X-Commando and new weapon arms for the Mk3 Argonauts.
Lastly there is the Privateer Press news. The gallery was updated (sorry I will only be talking about Warmachine). The Storm Lances Cavalry Unit for Cygnar is going to be rerelease and full size unit in one box instead and a small boxed unit and boosters. The Heavy Warjack chassis for the Ironclad, Stormclad and Reliant is being rerelease again with a new sculpt. Also they will be releasing the Khador Epic Warcaster Unit, Obavnik Kommander Zerkova with Reaver Guard. Then will all these come out, I do not know.
I have forgot to say the the April releases are all out now. The May release come out on my birthday, May 13th. Sadly there is nothing from the three factions I collect. The May releasers are: The Khador Character Heavy Warjack Ruin, the rerelease of the Cryx Unit Revenant Crew of the Atramentous now with three Riflemen, the Warmachine All-in-One Cryx Army Box, Circle Satyr Character Heavy Warbast Brennos the Elderhorn, the Circle Unit that can be built into Reeves or Wolves of Orboros, the Hordes All-in-One Circle Orboros Army Box, and issue 60 of No Quarter.
Also with Warmachine Tactics they have finally release for download for backers the paper maps for the miniatures game of four of the maps from the computer game.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· Wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for everyone apart from Asia and New Zeeland is being shipped to backer.
· O nthe 20th of May 2015 the “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter will finish.
· The digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia and Zeeland, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should be shipping this month.
· The “Zombicide Black Plauge” KickSgtarter should should start towards the end of this month.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), the physical copies of “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· The “Demigods Rising Evolution” KickStarter will start in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan” and “Ghostbusters The Board Game” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· “Demigods Rising” (July 2015), wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” and “Ninja All-Stars” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes it is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
· On Saturday the 16th of May 2015, there is the Mantic Open Day.
· On Sunday the 17th of May 2015, there will be a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 30th of May 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 6th of June 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you two Orc Captains from Arcadia Quest and from Zombicide there will be the Zombivior version Red Cap and four Standard Zombie Walkers.
|This post's figures front view|
|This post's figures rear view|
|Orcs of Aradia Quest|
The next post should be two Standard Zombie Walkers, two Standard Zombie Runners, a Standard Zombie Fatty and a Dog Companion.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.