Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
There is no “Painting and Converting” section this week due to a lack of back log. There will also be no normal “Painting and Converting” section is next week’s “Neoscream’s Life” post because of this.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Hades and Superman Red from DC Superman/Wonder Woman.
Now for the Mantic news. With their Warpath KickStarter they have managed to unlock since the last post: Eight Plague Mortars with crew options were added to the Plague Battlegroup; Heavy Weapon options were added to the Asterian Infantry; both a Forge Father Jotunn Heavy Hailstorm Cannon and a five man Enforcer Peacekeepers unit were added to the two player starter set; two weapon upgrades for the Veer-myn Tunneler; two extra Asterian Drones were added to the Asterian Battlegroup; an Ajax Siege Strider was added to the Enforcers Battlegroup; an Ajax Siege upgrade kit was added to the Strider Formation add-on; and an extra Iron Ancestor was added to the Forge Fathers Battlegroup; hard-plastic GCPS Troopers (Corporation); the GCPS (Corporation) Battlegroup; rules to use GCPS in Deadzone; the Mars Attacks Martian Battlegroup; three Mars Attacks Martian Robots as a Battlegroup; the Mars Attacks Humans Battlegroup; the Corporation Mule Transport was added to the GCPS Battlegroup with a Plague version as an add-on; and the Kickstarter Exclusive GCPS Major Loren Chard will be added to the GCPS Battlegroup.
The KickStarter will be ending on Sunday so let us see what they can unlock between now and then. Blaine and Rebs please.
Next is the Battle System news. Their Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain KickStarter started last Friday. Since the last post they have managed to unlock: An extra Double Bed, a Green Armchair, an extra Wardrobe, an extra Makeshift Barrier, an extra Road Barrier, an extra Works Barrier, an extra Fence Panel; two extra Pallets; an extra Retail Shelving, an extra set of Stairs, a Blue Settee and a Television were added to the City Block pledge level; and Art Deco themed add-on sets.
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: An extra Park Bench, an extra Works Barrier, an extra Fence Panel and an extra Pallet will be added to the City Block pledge level at £119k; and a mixed scatter item add-on at a unrevealed amount.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. With their “The Others: 7 Sins” Kickstarter has finished and they have managed to make $1,464,489 with 10,136 backers. They have unlocked the following since the last post: The Men of FAITH KickStarter Exclusive add-on set; Six Gluttony Abominations in three sculpts; the Gluttony Avatar; the Bruiser Hero Elle; Twelve new upgrade cards and two old town tiles; the Wrath Avatar; the Wrath Controller; twelve Wrath cards; the Wrath Board; Six Wrath Abominations in three sculpts; the Leader Hero Freder; The Sons of Ragnarök add-on set; the KickStarter Exclusive Fixer Hero Rosario; the KickStarter Exclusive Monster Nicolas with three Apocalypse cards; three New City tiles; a box for the KickStarter Exclusive stuff; and the KickStarter Exclusive Fixer Hero Baldur.
After the KickStarter finished, Cool Mini or Not reviled that Arcadia Quest: Inferno will be their next KickStarter and it will be coming early November. Sweet.
Next is the Modiphius news. With their “Infinity Role-play Game” Kickstarter they have managed to unlock since the last post: The Aleph Faction Source Book; the Corvus Belli team made adventure and pre-made characters will be made into a 40 page book which backers of the physical copy of the Core Book will get; and there will be a Spanish version of the Core Book as a PDF; the Yu Jing Faction Source Book; eight more pages were added to the Player’s Guide; eight more pages were added to the Collector’s Edition Core Book; and printed copies of a 32 page Quick Start rules as an add-on.
As I post this the stretch goal that are still going are: The Haqqislam Faction Source Book at £215k; the Combined Army Faction Source Book at £230k; and at 2000 backers a physical copy of it.
With the Thunderbirds Board Game, wave one has started shipping in the UK and it should be starting shipping in the USA very soon. For those who do not know, wave one is just the base game. All the expansions will be shipping in wave two which should be shipping in December. They will be doing the “Brains' Notebook” with Matt Leacock. It will be a PDF download you will all get for free which features fan made variant rules and cards along with comments from Matt. They will start work on this in January once everyone has had a few months to play the game and dream up ideas.
Now for the Bushiroad news. With the WeißSchwarz side, next Friday will see the release of the Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls booster set in Japanese.
Next is the Wyrd Games news. On Monday we got a preview of the new cheap range based Resurrectionist minion, Guild Autopsy.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics, they have done some major revised rules to Blast.
Lastly there is the Kingdom Death news. Wave two of Kingdom Death Monster has safely reached their partner in the EU and they are working as hard as possible to get everything processed and out for delivery ASAP. They have said that there is a good chance it will ship before our estimated window of October 15th to 30th. Also the US backer have been receiving their stuff. However, people in the UK have already been receive their stuff. In fact I have gotten mine on Thursday. I am very happy customer. It would have been Wednesday, but we just missed Parcel Force.
OMG! OMG! It is massive and it is awesome. My only problems with it are:
1. No Instructions. The book talks about web ones, however they are not up yet.
2. Where the hell to store it. It is massive and will take up more room when the models are built.
3. I am unable to play it with others until the 21st at the earliest. Noooooo! Well there is a single player mode at least.
I am currently busy reading the rule book at the moment and I might test the game in sole play tomorrow if I have the time.
· Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014) and “Paranoia” (June 2015) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Blood Rage”, wave two of “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013) and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” (August 2015) has been shipped or is shipping soon.
· Wave two of “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” (August 2015), “Dragon Tide” (September 2015), “Ghostbusters the Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship this month.
· “Warpath” KickStarter should be ending on the 11th of October 2015.
· Both the “Infinity RPG” and the “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” KickStarters should be ending on the 18th of October 2015.
· Wave three of “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between now and December 2015.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Mechabrick” (April 2014) and “Slaughterball” (June 2015) should ship in November 2015.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013) should ship between November and March 2016.
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System”, “Deadzone Infestation” and “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” should ship in January 2016.
· Both wave one of the “Conan” board game and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship between January and March 2016.
· Wave one of the “Infinity RPG” should ship in February 2016.
· “The Others: 7 Sins” should ship in March 2016.
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
· Both wave two of the “Infinity RPG” and “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain” should ship in July 2016.
· Wave two of the “Conan” board game should ship between July and September 2016.
· “Warpath” should ship in September 2016.
· Wave three of the “Infinity RPG” should ship in October 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 10th of October 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard and Weiß Schwarz Casual event at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard and WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group. This will not be a tournament and there will not be any prize support due to the Nationals happening that weekend.
· On Saturday the 10th of October 2015, there will be the Cardfight Vanguard UK Nationals at the Play Expo in Manchester. For more details please check the Bushiroad website.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, there will be both the Weiß Schwarz and Future Card Buddyfight Nationals at the Play Expo in Manchester. For more details please check the Bushiroad website.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing UK Team Championship at Jurys Inn MK. Sadly this has already sold out.
· On Saturday the 17th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 25th of October 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard and WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 7th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 8th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015 will be a Mantic Open Day.
· On Saturday the 21st of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 28th of November 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running Android Netrunner UK Team Championship 2015 at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 5th of December 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a booster pack (Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Vanguard) unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start at 6/7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.