MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Neoscream's Life: 5th to 11th October 2015

Spike Brothers
Welcome to the new Neoscream's Life post. This is a weekly post of what games I have been playing and what I have watch. Sorry for the late post.



“Blog News”

First off there is no "Painting and Converting" section this week and now next week due to a lack of a back log as well as gluing and solo playing Kingdom Death Monster.
Secondly the "Life" section is officially back. For this post I have kept the event part of the "Watch, Listen and Read" section, but from next week as "Life" is back, there will be no point in having them.



"Life"

If I have not made is VERY clear, I now have Kingdom Death Monster. Death and chaos awaits. It is GREAT, very good. The only problems I have had with it at the moment are:
1.      The online build instructions are not up, which is bad as it started shipping from the beginning of this month.
2.      I found a major mistake on one of the terrain cards. There is no result for rolling a seven.

Also Sunday was the Brat's last day at BK. She was also talking to me this week which was a shock and a real good thing, I really wish that could have lasted. I will truly miss her, but her leaving will mean life will be less stressful for me and maybe I can finally move on. I know where she is working and there is a heavy temptation to pop in a say hi one Saturday where I do not have a tournament. However I do know that might just be a really bad move. Any I hope she does will in life and enjoy every moment. I wish we could stay in touch, but sadly I dealt she will. As she has gone, I have decided to bring back the "Life" section as a weekly thing.



“Wargames Workshop MK Monday”

On Monday last week I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Malifaux with Will. Will was now using Guild while I was using Ten Thunders. It was a good and close game, but Will won by ten victory points to my nine. This was the type of game I am happy losing, very close games that do not screw me over in a tournament.



“HeroClix”

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. Last week’s scenario was "Avengers Try Outs". 400 points, no figure over 99 points, your team must contain at least a character with the Avengers keyword and it must be the highest point figure. I decided to finally buy the Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces set so I could use them in the team. The team ended up being:

Nick Fury, Jr. (001 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 75 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 78
Agent Coulson (002 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 75 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 78
Agent May (003 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 75 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 78
Fitz (004 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 50 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 53
Simmons (005 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 50 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 53
Skye (006 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) 50 + Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division (ATA) 3 = 53
H.E.N.R.Y. (099 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces) Free With Fitz
=393 points

On the first round I was up against Michael who was using a Hand themed team who were:

Echo (010 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 96
Northstar (013 Marvel Invisible Iron Man) 75
Wolverine, Agent of Hydra (103 Marvel Deadpool) 90
Hand Ninja (006 Marvel Deadpool) 43
Daredevil (031 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 93
=397 points

An interesting note, I had done a Hand team as a backup team just in case the Fast Forces set did not arrive on time. I managed to win this game quite well. On the second round I was up against Darren S who was using an Avengers themed team who were:

Spider-Woman (055 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) 90
Red Wolf (051 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 80
Alexis (009 Marvel Age of Ultron Event) 65
Swordsman (029 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 85
Living Lightning (015 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 80
=400 points

Like normal Darren S won, however it was super dam close. On the third and final round I was up against Adrian who was using another Avengers themed team who were:

Hawkeye (002 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 85 + Thunderbolts (ATA) 8
Havok (024 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 81
Iron Fist (018 Marvel Fear Itself) 94
Wolverine (029 Marvel Chaos War) 90
Black Panther (106 Marvel Universe) 27
=385 points

I managed to won this game which was great. Darren S was shocked how well this team played. He said that it was one of those teams individually they looks crap on paper, but in practice they as nasty (in a good way) as a team.

This week’s scenario will be 500 points. The team must contain a figure with swim symbol or the Alantis keyword.
It is here. At long last it is here.



“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: The previous week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Events: Work and then Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Malifaux.
Brought and Received: Three boosters of G-BT04 Soul Strike Against The Supreme.

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Events: Pasted last week’s "Neoscream's Life" post and then work.
Received: A bunch of HeroClix figures and the going away gift for the Brat.

Wednesday
Events: Work.
Received: The Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces.

Thursday
Watched: The previous week’s and that week’s episodes of the Gadget Show.
Events: Work followed by HeroClix.
eBay: Won a bundle of six HeroClix figures and brought the Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces.
Received: Kingdom Death Monster. I am a very happy bunny.

Friday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Main Event.
Events: I posted that week’s "Gaming News from Neoscream” post and then work.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.
Events: Off work.

Sunday
Watched: Episode 4 of season nine of Doctor Who and that week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Events: Work. The Brat's last day at BK.

Still in the post or soon be should
My Last Saga bits.
Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game.




Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment