MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Neoscream's Life: 28th September to 4th October 2015

Welcome to the new Neoscream's Life post. This is a weekly post of what games I have been playing and what I have watch. Sorry for the late post.



“Wargames Workshop MK Monday”

On Monday last week I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the final game of their Arcadia Quest. Adrian managed to win it, after a lot of work done by me and Michael. However it was a hollow victory as he only got one Medal which was the least deaths.
 


“HeroClix”

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. Last week’s scenario was made by Adrian. 500 points game, you team must contain at least a character with the Mystical keyword and it must be the highest point figure. The Mystical keyword is classed as a named keyword for this event. I built a Mystical team who I noticed later had a very DnD/fantasy feel. They were:

The Hood (057 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 220
Firebird (011 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 105
Dr. Strange (005 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 90
Black Knight (031 Marvel Chaos War) 90
=505 points

In fact everybody was using Mystical teams. On the first round I was up against Michael and his team were:

2 x Vampire (012 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 43 x 2 = 86
Dracula (016 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 214
Ancient One (037 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 78
ASM032 Moon Knight (032 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 209
=487 points

I managed to win this game. On the second round I was up against Darren S and his team were:

Dormammu (010 Marvel WizKids 2015) 300
Hand Ninja (006 Marvel Deadpool) 43
Absorbing Man (103 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 153
=496 points

Like normal Darren S won with a white wash. On the third and final round I was up against Adrian and his team were (I know something does not feel right looking at the points total):

Dark Magician Girl (005 Yu-Gi-Oh Battle of the Millennium) 97
Hysteric Fairy (008 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 50
Dark Magician (101 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 150
Mystical Elf (044 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 50
Breaker the Magical Warrior (102 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 100
Spell: Monster Reborn/Trap: Mirror Force (047S/T Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 8
=455 points

I just managed to won this game, but it was close.

This week’s scenario will be "Avengers Try Outs". 400 points, no figure over 99 points, your team must contain at least a character with the Avengers keyword and it must be the highest point figure. I have already worked out my team and I have bought them. They should arrive on time.



“Steam Roller Tournament"

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the fifth Milton Keynes Steam Roller tournament of 2015. I got my revised Cygnar Kara force ready and I remembered it all. I sadly never finished off two of the Trolls, however they were close enough to class as painted. We got fifteen players this time so Ian has to play to even the numbers. My new force were:

Captain Kara Sloan (-6 to Warjacks)
Defender Heavy Warjack (9)
Hunter Light Warjack (6)
Squire (2)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1)
Greygore Boomhowler and Co full unit (9)
Captain Jonas Murdoch (2)
Black 13th Gun Mages (4)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Strike Team (6)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2)
=35
Objective: Bunker

On the first round I was up against James who was using a Retribution force. I ended up losing the game with no control points and thirteen. I might have done better if I attack in melee with my Trolls more. They are much better at melee than shooting. I was ever at ever thirteenth or fourteenth place.
On the second round I was up against Robin who was using a Circle force. I just managed to win this game by scoring the only control point of the game. Wow! I also got thirteen army points too. This moved me up to ninth place. After the round we stopped for lunch.
We started the third round after the lunch break and I was up against Neil who was using a Cygnar force as well. He won by collecting five control points. I managed to get one control point and ten army points. The funny thing is that my Greygore Boomhowler proved that he was the real one by killing Neil's one. This knocked me down to eleventh place.
On the fourth and final round I was up against Lee who was using a Circle force.  Sadly I lost by caster kill. I managed to get one control point and eleven army points, more due to him killing his own guys. My major problem with this game was my terrible luck. I was failing most of my four up tough saves and my Gun Mages were failing to roll more than six for damage roll or getting criticals for three rounds. I most likely would not have won still but I would have earned a control point or two more because of it.
Overall I got thirteenth out of sixteen players. The highest from the bottom I have ever got in Warmachine. So I am improving which is a really good sign.



"Gaming at Simon’s"

After the Steam Roller tournament, me Richard and Darren H went down to Simon’s were we watch the devastating England verses Australia Rugby match and then we had a game of Super Munchkin which took forever (about three hours) which Richard won. I ended up getting home just gone 2AM.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all the Sword Master from Kingdom Death.


On Friday's post I should have for you all the Kingdom Death/Wrath of Kings Twilight Knight cross over figure (if I can find her) and Greygore Boomhowler from Warmachine. I managed to finish two more Warmachine figures during last week, as well as undercoating two more Guild Ball figures and six Robotech figure. Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night (or the start of Monday morning).




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: Episode 25 (final) of Sword Art Online II.
Events: Work and then Wargames Workshop MK for the final game of Arcadia Quest.

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Events: Pasted last week’s "Neoscream's Life" post and then work.

Wednesday
Events: Work.

Thursday
Events: Work followed by HeroClix.
eBay: Won a bundle of six HeroClix figures and brought the Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces.

Friday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Main Event.
Events: I posted that week’s "Gaming News from Neoscream” post and then work.

Saturday
Watched: Part of that week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, part of that week’s episode of Weekender and the England verses Australia Rugby match.
Events: Off work. A Steam Roller tournament at Wargames Workshop MK and then after the tournament I went down to Simon’s with Richard and Darren H to watch the Rugby and a game of Munchkin.
Brought and Received: A booster box of G-BT04 Soul Strike Against The Supreme, some card sleeves, a deck box and seven pots of paint.

Sunday
Watched: Episode 3 of season nine of Doctor Who, the rest of that week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, WWE Live from MSG, the rest of that week’s episode of Weekender and episode 42 of Cardfight Vanguard G.
Events: It was meant to be a day off work, but I got called to come in at a dam early time for a Sunday.
Brought: A going away present for someone.

Still in the post or soon be should
A going away gift for a work college.
A bunch of HeroClix figures.
The HeroClix Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fast Forces set.
My Last Saga bits.
Kingdom Death Monster.


Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment