MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Neoscream's Life: 16th to 22nd November 2015

Welcome everyone to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life (what should hopefully be safe to talk about), what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. The current opening pictures are of Cardfight Vanguard clans. This week is Aqua Force from the Magallanica nation.



“Blog News”

On Friday I tested out writing the
blog posts in Blogger than word processors and then copy and paste. The HTML code was a ton less and it kept to a universal font and size. The only problem I found was that there was a lot of "Return" (new line) being inserted while adding pictures and the "Welcome" at the start of the post was reduced to "e". I will try to keep an eye on it, however I have moved to writing posts in Blogger (for now). However, the last could of day before posting this I have been having problems with the Blogger app updating on my phone and internet connection at times. Luckily I have realised a way around the app. Just edit the blog on the web browser like I do on the computer. OK I still have problem due to the internet connection when it plays up, but have can still work on it on the go when the app is being buggy.



"Life"

After work on Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK like normal. This time I was playing Malifaux with Dave. It was a fifty soul stone (points) game. I was using my Ten Thunders which my team was:

Misaki 0 + Recalled Training 1 + Untouchable 1 + Stalking Bisento 2 = 4
Ototo 10 + Call The Thunder 1 + Recalled Training 1 = 12
Yamaziko 7 + Recalled Training 1 + Servant of the Dragon 1 = 9
Shang 3
Samurai 8 + Favour of Jigoku 0 = 8
Torakage 6
Katanaka Sniper 7

Dave was using a Resurrectionists team with Sheamus as the leader. He was testing his team for a tournament (I think it was Nationals) he was going to soon. He destroyed my team. At least Misaki took out Sheamus. Yes I know that is not the goal of the game.

In the past have had a bunch of friends asking me some ideas of low count low budget Fantasy skirmish games with a campaign system. Something like Necromunda or Mordheim, but are being that is still being supported. Three games first came to mind as they were skirmish games. First was Warmachine/Hordes. However this was a higher model count than they wanted, it is not cheep and there is no campaign system for it. Next was Warhammer Age of Sigmar, however at it suffers from the same problems as Warmachine/Hordes. Lastly was Malifaux. It had a low model count as a standard craw are about seven figures and a standard pre-set craw is just under £35. Plus a new two player starter set was released and its great value. It also just get a campaign however it is not quite like what we wanted. Due that time I had heard of Frostgrave, but never really gotten around to look at it, until now. I have been watching the campaign Guerrilla Miniature Games and friends have been running and it hits a lot of ticks for what we ever after. It is Fantasy, it can be cheap as all you really need is random fantasy figures (plus the official stuff is quite cheep too), the maximum size of a warband is ten before modifiers, and it comes pre built with a campaign system than one tacked on YEARS later. My only problem is that only the wizard advances during a campaign. I have order the rulebook and show it off to the guys as soon as I can.



“HeroClix”

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. Last week’s scenario was “Memories of the Four”. 500 points. Most have four characters, no more, no less. No figure over 150 points and one figure must have been a member of the Fantastic Four. I chose the Fantastic Four What If Iron Man and made an Avengers themed team who were:

Iron Man (101 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 150
Black Widow (091 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 110
War Machine (029a Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 125
Ms. Marvel (023 Marvel Chaos War) 110
=495 points

On the first round I was up against Adrian who was using also using an Avengers themed team who were:

Scarlet Witch (006 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 150
Iron Man (001a Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 150
Black Panther (007 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 100
Storm (020 Marvel HeroClix 10th Anniversary) 98
=498 points

I sadly lost this game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. On the second round I was up against Michael who was using a Fantastic Four themed team who were:

Mr. Fantastic (037 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 130
Thing (038 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 140
She-Hulk (007 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 105
Joe Fixit (036 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 115
=490 points

I shockingly lost the game, however Black Widow did do a lot of damage to his team with chipping away a point of damage at a time. Also Darren S won his game against his Adrian. On the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using a Champions themed team where:

Black Widow (091 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 110
Ghost Rider (046 Marvel Amazing Spider-Man) 145
Darkstar (043 Marvel Captain America) 98
Hercules (026 Marvel Incredible Hulk) 131
Avengers Round Table (R100 Marvel Age of Ultron event) 5
Hawkeye (ID-002 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 5
Hank Pym (ID-100 Marvel Fast Forces Age of Ultron event) 5
=499 points

Like normal against Darren I lost this game too. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael.

There is no Heroclix this week. I will post next week’s scenario ever in next week's post or this week's "Gaming News from Neoscream" post.



"Loot Crate"

On Saturday I received November's Loot Crate. The theme this time was combat. It came with:
  • Exclusive Cute But Deadly Magnet set
  • Exclusive Fallout 4 Vault Boy Bobble Head
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder Sunglasses 
  • The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2 Pin
  • Exclusive Street Fighter Hyper Looting Comic Book
  • Cute But Deadly Vinyl Mystery Figure (Zeratul)
  • And the monthly badge and mag

I for some odd reason really like this crate.  Yes it I wish it had a t-shirt, however the Cute But Deadly stuff oddly really makes it great for some odd reason. Maybe because I really like the Zeratul figure in it is the real reason I like it. I have a strong feeling that I will be trying to find a way to use him in games. Maybe I will use him as a genie or a daemon for Frostgrave if I start playing it.

December's theme has been revealed and is will be Galaxy to celebrate Star Wars episode 7. Also from December onward, ALL Loot Crates will have a t-shirt. OK this makes me rethink the whole Anime Crate thing. Talking about the Anime Crate, the theme will be Brawl and will featuring items from Attack on Titan, Naruto Shippuden and more.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all a Valkyrie in Battloid mode from Robotech RPG Tactics and Ototo and a Torakage for Maliflaux.


On Friday's post I should have for you all two more Torakages from Maliflaux, plus Sonja and Montoya from Arcadia Quest. During the week I managed to finish painting six Zombie figures. I also under coated a bunch of a bunch of Kingdom Death Monster figures and some Guild Ball figures. Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: Episodes 4 and 5 of season four of Arrow and episode 3 of the Muppets.
Brought and Received: One Cardfight Vanguard booster of G-BT04 “Soul Strike Against The Supreme” and one booster of Cardfight Vanguard G-TB01 “Touken Ranbu –ONLINE-”.
eBay: Won a second copy of the Cardfight Vanguard card "Dimensional Robo, Daidragon".
KickStarter: Backed "Arcadia Quest Inferno" and "Warbears and Stagriders, Fantasy Wargames Miniatures".

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw and episode 4 of the Muppets.
Received: A second copy of the Cardfight Vanguard card "Commander Laurel".

Wednesday
Received: A second copy of the Cardfight Vanguard card "Dimensional Robo, Daidragon".

Thursday
Received: My two Dungeon Saga figures from the KickStarter.
Brought: The Frostgrave rulebook.

Jessica Jones
Friday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Main Event and episode 1 of Jessica Jones. 
Brought and Received: Christmas decorations for a little project.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, this week's episode of Weekenders and episode 5 of the Muppets.
Received: November's Loot Crate.

Sunday
Watched: This week's episode of Weekenders XLBS, episodes 7 and 8 of season nine of Doctor Who, episodes 2 and 3 of Jessica Jones and episode 7 of Cardfight Vanguard G GIRS Crisis (have be watching the other episodes but forgot to list them).

Still in the post or soon be should
My Last Saga bits.
My Home Raiders stuff.
The Frostgrave rulebook.


Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment