MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Neoscream's Life: 9th to 15th November 2015

Welcome everyone to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life (what should hopefully be safe to talk about), what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. The current opening pictures are of Cardfight Vanguard clans. This week is Bermuda Triangle from the Magallanica nation.



“Blog News”

As you can see above, I have massively reworked this post's introduction. It also talks about the weekly opening picture so new people can understand why it is there and gain a little understanding about it. Hope people enjoy the new up to date one.



"Life"

After work on Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK like normal. This time I was playing Thunderbirds Co-operative Board with Michael and Dave. I had tried doing a couple of solo games during my week off and sadly I last both games, however we managed to win. They was a lot of close calls and good luck. After Thunderbirds we played a game of Boss Monster, which Michael won.
On Tuesday I spent the evening building a new cat tower for my mum’s cats.
During the week my manager, the baka Immad, was teaching me a new word from his language, kutti. I will not say here what it means, but he always calls a certain person who has returned back to BK. I decided to call her Cute Kutti. She seemed to like it. I could say oddly, but she always seems to prefer people being nasty to her than people being nice/kind to her. Maybe I should keep on calling her that.
On Saturday before going to the Cardfight Vanguard tournament, I briefly meet up with Richard and Darren H for coffee. 



“HeroClix”

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. Last week’s scenario was “Couples Night”. 500 points. The team must have a comic book or other media couple (Cyclop and Jean Grey for example). Both partners gains the others Keywords and they are able to carry each other regardless of symbols (and does not suffer the -2 movement doing so). Yes that means that the tiny Wasp and carry the colossal Giant Man. The couple I went for is a newish married couple, Shadow Cat (Kitty Pryde) and Star-Lord. My team were:

Shadowcat (204 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 70 + Guardians of the Galaxy (ATA) 4 = 74
Star-Lord (030 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy comics) 110 + Guardians of the Galaxy (ATA) 4 = 114
Groot (051 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy comics) 100 + Guardians of the Galaxy (ATA) 4 = 104
Rocket Raccoon (052 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy) 80 + Guardians of the Galaxy (ATA) 4 = 84
Drax (011 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 121 + Guardians of the Galaxy (ATA) 4 = 125
=501 points

On the first round I was up against Michael was using also using a Lady Liberators (and technology Avengers too) themed team who were (I think):

Was this really a couple?
Invisible Woman (057 Marvel Captain America) 110
Spider-Woman (037 Marvel Chaos War) 82
Wasp (030 Marvel Chaos War) 77
Black Widow (001 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 110
100 AVX001E Captain America (001 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 100
=479 points

I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian. On the second round I was up against Darren S who was using a Teen Titans themed team who were:

Starfire (077 DC Teen Titans) 114
Superboy (026 DC Teen Titans) 158
94 D10A009 Blue Beetle (009 DC HeroClix 10th Anniversary) 94
Raven (030 DC Icons) 73
Robin (001 DC Teen Titans) 50
=489 points

Like normal Darren S won, however I did take out Blue Beetle. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael. On the third and final round I was up against Adrian who was using an Excalibur themed team who were:

Star-Lord (001 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy movie) 95
Colossus (002 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 100
Shadowcat (204 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 70
Longshot (009 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75
Cerise (023b Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 60
Pete Wisdom (022 WizKids Marvel LEs) 100
=500 points

I managed to win this game with easy. I think the fact I could not be Outwited had a factor. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. 

This week’s scenario will be “Memories of the Four”. 500 points. Most have four characters, no more, no less. No figure over 150 points and one figure must have been a member of the Fantastic Four.



“Loot Crate”

No, I have not gotten the November's Crate, I think they have not started sending them yet. I just giving you some Loot Crate news for once. From next week they will be starting the Loot Anime crate. This will be a new monthly mystery subscription crate service featuring an assortment of figures, collectibles, manga, apparel, accessories, snacks and more from some of your favourite anime and manga series. The closest to this they ever done was the Titan theme carte they did in March 2014. I might swap from the normal crate to this one. However if I do that, I will also go for the Wearable Level Up. I have no idea if the theme of Loot Anime will be the same as the standard Loot Crate like the Level Ups or not.



“Cardfight Vanguard Tournament”

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard tournament. This time they were running a doubles tournament. My partner was using an Aqua Force deck while I was decided to use my Cosmic Hero Dimensional Police deck over my new Genesis deck as it was the deck I felt more comfortable with and they was a ton of new players. In fact there was twenty five players turned up for the tournament. Wow, Shell's fame must be attracting people to travel to our little store.
We draw our first game, lost the second two games, won the fourth game and then the team of Shell and Keaton beat us. Sadly we did not get into the top four playoffs. There seemed to be a good of clans including Spike Brothers and Murakumo.
With the booster I brought, got, won and traded I managed to improve my Cosmic Hero Dimensional Police, Genesis and Touken Ranbu decks, finished my Angel Feathers deck and maybe improve my Nova Grappler deck too.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all Mallet and Marbles from Guild Ball and a Valkyrie in Jet mode from Robotech RPG Tactics.


On Friday's post I should have for you all a full set of a Valkyrie and a Valkyrie in Guardian mode from Robotech RPG Tactics. During the week I managed to finish painting four Arcadia Quest figures. I also under coated a bunch of a bunch of Zombicide figures and a Kingdom Death Monster figure. Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning. Sadly this time I for got to do it until just before posting this so more has been done.





“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Brought and Received: Some card sleeves for Darren H and two Cardfight Vanguard boosters of G-BT04 “Soul Strike Against The Supreme” (got a SP version of “Goddess of Decline, Hel”).

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Brought: Five 60mm resin bases, Cardfight Vanguard TD13 “Successor of the Sacred Regalia” and a second copy of the Cardfight Vanguard card Commander Laurel.
Listened: The latest The Vanguardian Podcast. It guess stared Shell who organises the Cardfight Vanguard tournaments I go to and is the author of the Moka Explains blogs (Links to these are on the right hand side of this blog in the "Blog I Follow").

Wednesday
Nothing.

Thursday
Read: Issue 1 of Guardians of the Galaxy (the new run that just started).
Received: Cardfight Vanguard TD13 “Successor of the Sacred Regalia”.

Friday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Main Event and episodes 4 and 5 of season two of the Flash.
Received: The five 60mm resin bases.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.
Brought and Received: Two boosters of Cardfight Vanguard G-TB01 “Touken Ranbu –ONLINE-” and a booster of Cardfight Vanguard G-BT04 “Soul Strike Against The Supreme”.
Received: Kingdom Death Halloween Twilight Knight Pin-Up, five promo cards and three booster packs of Cardfight Vanguard G-TB01 “Touken Ranbu –ONLINE-”.

Sunday
Watched: Episode 48 of Cardfight Vanguard G.

Still in the post or soon be should
Myt Last Saga bits.
My Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest stuff. (No the game)
My Home Raiders stuff.
A second copy of the Cardfight Vanguard card Commander Laurel.



Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment