MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Neoscream's Life: 1st to 7th of February 2016

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. This week's opening pictures is of the Butcher from Kingdom Death.



"Life"

First off let us continue with the Kingdom Death Monster write up I forgot to finish last week. However there was not much more to write. With both the Plague Settlement Event and Armoured Stranger Story events in play, I have a terrible feeling that we are doomed. We will have to wait and see. However after talking to Simon last week about it, we have decided to re roll everything, but keep with the Plague Settlement Event. We decided on this as we were rushing things at that time as it was late, we were tired and we wanted to get the Settlement phase over and done with before packing up and leaving. Well let us see what happens now.

The refit at work is running more smoother than last week, however I dealt that it will be ready by the end of the three week period that they said it will take. However the day before I posted this I was told that they will most likely reopen Dinning Area on Friday, three days ahead of the plan.

On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the first round of the Frostgrave campaign. Oh six of turned up. We split into three two player games all playing the first scenario for the Thaw of the Lich Lord campaign book. In my game I sadly only scored two treasures and my Wizard only went up two levels, however I did not permanently lose any of my warband. I decided to go for the Inn so I can potentially have a second Animal Companion and I plan on getting a Kendall with a Warhound with what little gold I earned.

On Friday lunchtime after a lot of XCOM 2 and receiving an awesome delivery in the post. The long awaited Kingdom Death Black Friday stuff had finally arrived as well as the awesome new album from the fabulous Foxes. After that I went down to the City Centre to meet up with two old co-workers and friends, the headache known as Marisa and her other half. We had coffee and chatted for about an hour about old times and a bit about the wrestling.

Now for XCOM 2. I really am liking and enjoying this game. I really enjoyed XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within due to the whole turn based game play and XCOM 2 does not change the greatness of that. They made the Command section more interactive and tactical which is a huge plus point to it. The only thing that I dislike it compared to Enemy Within is this you do not get to control Mechs as standard. However they are meant to be adding a six class of soldier that can only advance for new tech than field experience. This will come in a DLC that will be coming out towards the end of this year. Sounds like a return of the Mechanised Troopers, oh please let it be.



"Steam Roller Tournament"

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for first Steam Roller tournament (Warmachine/Hoards) of the year at Wargames Workshop MK. I brought my normal Kara Sloan list. As I have posted it several times in the past posts and as I plan on doing a Build Analysis post on it (after doing the six Cardfight Vanguard Decks), I will not be posting it this time.

In the first round I was up against a Legion play who was quite new at using Legion, but it does not mean that he was not skilled player. He heavily wounded my force in the first round and then he managed to assassinate my Warcaster in the second turn.

On the second round I was up against a Retribution player I know from the store. His synergy between his warjacks was quite nice and powerful. Sadly I lost this game. After that we broke up for a lunch break.

On the third and final round I was up ageist another Retribution player in a 50 points game. Sadly I ended up losing this game too. I did find that the Steamroller scenario we were playing dose not really suit a 50 points as I found the Zone objectives was too centralised and small. This led to  a chunk of my force could not being able to do much as the rest of my force was in the way as I was too clustered up to get to and defend the zone and objective.

Sadly I ended up winning the wooden spoon of doom again. Well anyway it was a good day and next time they are planning on trying out death clock instead of time turns.



"HeroClix"

There was no HeroClix last week so there is no report. However this week’s scenario will be "Jack The Giant Slayer". 500 points. Your team must start with a Giant, any character containing the name 'Jack' received +1 Attack and +1 Damage vs Giants.



"Loot Crate"

There will be another type of Crate coming to Loot Crate soon. They already have the standard Loot Crate, Loot Crate + (extra clothing and accessories) based on the main theme of the month, Loot Anime that has its own theme each month, Pet Crate that is based on the main theme of each month, special Loot Crates that are a single show/film/event/game themed (Star Wars, Fallout 4) and now Gamer Crate that contains computer game related stuff. Like Loot Anime, Loot Gaming will follow its own theme.



"Painting and Converting"

Due the slowness of painting at the moment and the fact that I am playing XCOM 2 at the moment, I have decided to not post any new models for the rest of this month. Do not worry, the first post that they will be returning is on the 1st of March.

During the week I managed to finish paining a lot more figures than what I expected due to XCOM 2. I managed to finish off three Maliflux figures and two Arcadia Quest figures.

Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: Episode 39 of Fairy Tail


Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw and episodes 40 to 43 of Fairy Tail.

Wednesday
Watched: Episodes 44 to 46 of Fairy Tail. 

Thursday
Received: XCOM 2.

Friday
Received: My Kingdom Death Black Friday stuff and Foxes second album "All I Need".

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and episode 10 of Cardfight Vanguard G Gears Crisis.
Brought and Received: One booster of G-TB01 "Touken Ranbu -Online-" and two boosters of G-BT05 "Moonlit Dragonfang".
Received: My Foxes tickets. 

Sunday
Watched: Episode 1 of season two of Agent Carter, that week’s episode of Weekenders and that week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS. 

Still in the post or soon be should
Last Saga bits.
Mechabrick.
Slaughterball team.


Until next time, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment