MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Neoscream's Life: 25th to 31st of January 2016

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. This week's opening pictures is of the Screaming Antelope from Kingdom Death.



"Life"

The refit at work was chaotic. I will not go into detail as it is work, however I do believe that they should have shut the store than just running the Drive-thru.

On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK to play a game of the new Magic the Gathering board game with Adrian, Michael and their friend Rob. It was an interesting game the problems with the not knowing the rules. Facepalm. However it is not a game I would want to pick up.

On Friday evening myself, Richard and Darren H went down to Simon’s for some Kingdom Death Monster. We managed to do two showdowns. The first being the Butcher and then a Level One White Lion. We got quite lucky against the Butcher. We defeated him with easy with no loss, but that is more lucky rolls and draws. We defeated the extremely easy too, making us think maybe we should have gone for a level two instead. However it looks like the Settlement phase has/will fuck us over as both the Plague Settlement Event, the Armoured Stranger Story Event and bad dice rolls hit at the same time when we had ten survivors. One survivor died due to the plague so the population, was reduced to nine and the Plague event continues to the next lantern year. With this population, it might we had to roll on the aggression table of Armoured Stranger Story Event and we rolled badly. They want to kill five survivors. ???



"HeroClix"

Like normal on a Thursday night, I went to York House for HeroClix. The Scenario this time was: "The UnAmericans". 500 point, only a third (in figures not points) of your team can be American (USA) Superheroes. Just for the record Superman and Supergirl are from Krypton but are considered American (Clark/Kara are USA Citizen) so would count as American.
After some looking (and the knowledge that someone is already using Excalibur), I decided to do a Warriors Three team. OK it is Asgardian themed, but anyway here is the team:

Thor (038 Marvel Chaos) 200
Hogun (002 Marvel Hammer of Thor Fast Forces) 100
Volstagg (003 Marvel Hammer of Thor Fast Forces) 100
Fandral (018 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 101
=501 points

This week we got an extra play, Adrian's and Michael's friend called Robert. Due to Michael grabbing the wrong tin, his and Darren S popped off to get the right one. Both myself and Adrian played a game to see who will get the first round bye. Adrian was using an Excalibur themed team who were:

Pete Wisdom (022 WizKids Marvel LEs) 100
Captain Britain (023 WizKids Marvel LEs) 133
Colossus (002 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 100
Shadowcat (204 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 70
Cypher (012 Marvel Giant Size X-Men) 38
Cerise (023b Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 60
=501 points

Sadly I lost so I ended up with the first round bye. During the first round it was Robert verses Darren S which Darren S won and Adrian verses Michael which Michael won. On the second round I was up against Robert. He was using a Joey Wheeler themed team who were:

Red-Eyes B. Dragon (054 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 150
Time Wizard (046 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 72
Flame Swordsman (037 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 95
Alligator's Sword Dragon (032 Yu-Gi-Oh Series One) 108
=425 points

Yes his team was down by 75 points as Michael and/or Adrian made his team and forgot a figure which they did not realised until we calculated his team after Round one. I managed to win this game, however it was close. Also Michael shockingly won his game against Darren S, while Robert had the bye. On the third and final round I was up against Michael who was using a Blue Lantern Corps themed team who were:

Blue Lantern Recruit (007 DC War of Light) 50
Sister Sercy (033 DC War of Light) 66
Ganthet (047 DC War of Light) 175
Brother Warth (045 DC War of Light) 100
Kyle Rayner (031a DC War of Light) 112
=503 points

Like with Adrian's Red Lanterns were very powerful (but not as powerful) and I ended up losing the game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian while Robert got the bye. Over Michael won last week. For those who want to know, Darren S was using a Brotherhood of Mutants themed team who were:

Pyro (006 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 90
Destiny (011 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 50
Magneto (034a Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 65
Spiral (041 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 106
Exodus (056 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 191
=502 points

There is no set scenario this week. In fact it might not be happening as there will be no Michael.



"Cardfight Vanguard Free Fight"

On Sunday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for some games of Cardfight Vanguard. I wanted to test my new deck out which I talked about last week in the Build Analysis post. The only change I had done to it from comments, was to replace "Super Cosmic Hero, X-falcon" with "Super Cosmic Hero, X-rogue". I got several games in and won about half of them. I am liking the deck, however I do know I need to improve with it.
I also got a chance to check out the commons box and manage to find some old cards to improve my Genesis and Nova Grappler decks.



"Loot Crate"

I received my Loot Crate last Monday last week. January's theme was Invasion and it contained:

An Exclusive X-Files the day has Come T-shirt.
An Exclusive Alien Facehugger Plush.
An Exclusive Space Invaders Vinyl Figure.
An Exclusive the Fifth Element Prop Replica Multi Pass.
Two Exclusive Invasion Mini Art Prints.
An Exclusive X-Files LED Flashlight.
January's Loot Crate Mag.
All new pin badge January.


It was a nice Crate, not great but not terrible. I am a little shock that there was nothing Mars Attacks related in the crate.

The X-Files torch is a great handy thing to have. The t-shirt is nice too. Oh and the change from a badge to a pin badge is a nice move, however it does make my collection look odd now.

Well anyway February's theme will be Dead. Celebrating all things Zombies and Deadpool related.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all a Non-Games Workshop Naked Tau Sniper.


On Friday's post I should have for you all three soldiers from the XCOM board game. During the week I managed to finish paining two figure for Frostgrave and two figures from Robotech RPG Tactics. I did technically finished off a a third figure for Frostgrave, my Wizard. However due to an arm disappearing while painting I have not classed her as finished. I need to find a replacement arm as I cannot find the original.
Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Received: January's Loot Crate.

Tuesday
Watched: WWE Royal.

Wednesday
Watched:That week's episode of WWE Raw. 

Thursday
Received: Two packs of mecha card sleeves for my Dimension Police.

Friday
Watched: Part of that week’s episode of WWE Main Event. 
Received: Two copies of "Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon".

Saturday
Watched: The rest of that week’s episode of WWE Main Event, that week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, that week’s episode of Weekender’s, episodes 1 and 2 Mazinkaiser SKL, episodes 21 to 25 of Fairy Tail and episode 9 of Cardfight Vanguard G Gears Crisis.

Sunday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS and episodes 26 to 38 of Fairy Tail. 
Brought and Received: A pot of paint and some card sleeves. 
Received: 99th-gen Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth.

Still in the post or soon be should
Last Saga bits.
Black Friday Kingdom Death stuff.
Tickets to see Foxes.
Foxes second album "All I Need".
Mechabrick.
Slaughterball team.


Until next time, enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment