MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Neoscream's Life: 10th to 16th of June 2013

NRX-055 Baund Doc (Mobile Armour mode)!!!
No! It is new Diva's Champion, The Geek Goddess AJ Lee
Welcome to the Neoscream's Life post. This is a weekly post of some of the things I have done last week and news on stuff from Crooked Dice Games, Mantic Game, Robotech RPG Tactics, Mekton and the Geek Goddess AJ Lee.

WWE Payback was aired on Sunday night/Monday (this week) morning, but like normal I should be talking about it next week post as I would not have watched it or gotten the results until this week. However, Twitter spoiled a major match for me and I just have to say (the opening picture this week will be a spoiler), congratulations to AJ Lee for winning the Diva’s Championship. Hope it will be the longest reign in WWE history. As reads of this blog should know, I am a HUGE AJ and this is a great moment. I have to buy the DVD (or Blu-Ray) now.

Monday was the finals of the Wargames Workshop MK DreadBall League. With the extra credits I earned during the previous game I brought a coaching dice. I was up against David in semi finals. He had a Corporation team. For most of the match David was winning, but at the last second I score a three point goal to win the match by a point. This meant I was in the finals. My guard Ginrai went up a rank and got the skill "Can't Feel a Thing". With the extra credits I earned during the semis I brought yet another coaching dice. Rob Taylor won his match against Bob. This meant that the finals was me verses Rob Taylor again. This time Rob Taylor won by a landslide in about twenty minutes. Well I did get second place in the league so that is fine with me. The only prize was a medal for first place. The Warmachine Journeyman League will be replacing the DreadBall League. It will start on the 8th of July and will be fortnightly instead of weekly like the the Journeymen League should be played. I will be joining this league. I would love to be able to do Convergence of Cyriss (especially after seeing the Clockwork Angels and the Warcaster Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis), but sadly the Battle Gourp are not officially out until the 10th of July. Carl has said he will see if he can get a hold of them earlier I still have my Protectorate of Menoth as backup.

My team sheet at the end of the DreadBall League. Click on the image for
a closer look.
For a week or two before the start of last week I have been having some problems with Google Chrome, the web browser I use. It crashes and then keeps on crashing and restarting for god knows how many times. On Tuesday I ran a virus check and found nothing so I decided to uninstall and re-install Chrome thinking it was just corrupted data. But the re-install Chrome would not open. So I rebooted my laptop thinking maybe the program needed the computer to be rebooted.  After the reboot Chrome would open, however pages would not load. This includes things like the setting and download manager. As I find Microsoft Internet Explorer is very buggy, I tried installing Firefox as my friends uses it. Sadly Norton's for some unknown reason will not let me install it. WTF? So I was stuck with the buggy Internet Explorer. On Wednesday night I tried re-installing Chrome again, this time rebooting the laptop before I try using it, but it would not open and only after a second reboot did it open. Sadly it still would not load a page and now Internet Explorer crashes every time I try doing something that is not loading up a bookmarked page like typing, playing video and sometimes opening a link. So I had to start using my old computer (got to be eight years or more) gain and then on Thursday during my lunch break I popped into Curries and PC World to book in the laptop to be looked at next week. However due to the speed of the old computer I might need to borrow my mum's laptop.

There was more chaos Wednesday night, Thursday morning and Friday then laptop problems. On Wednesday evening when AraWhisper was online, MFC ‘F’ed up on me and it prevented me from logging in. Luckily I could log in the next morning. Then at 3AM on Thursday morning I was woken up and kept up by my mum's bloody Siamese howling as my mum was away on training. So the whole of Thursday at work I was shattered. Somehow I managed to win all three games at HeroClix. Then on Friday my mum came home late as she went to see the doctor after work as her knee was in a lot of pain. The doctor gave her stuff for the pain and told her to stay off her feet for a couple of days keeping the leg up. This meant that I could not go out on Sunday to a festival with Richard and Jake. This means I will not be seeing Richard until next month.

Saturday was the third Wargames Workshop MK DreadBall Tournament of the year. There were ten players this time, a lot better than the second Tournament. I went for my Robot team, the Chromium Chargers. With the 30mc we had for the tournament I brought two Coaching Dice, an offensive Coaching Staff (AJ Lee) and a card. In the first round I was up against Ricky.  He was using a Marauder team. It was a close but I managed to win by two points. My number five (P3) gained Man of the Match. It gained Stretch in the second round. In the second round I was up against Callum. He was using a bloody Judwan team. I lost by a landslide. However, he did teach me some tactics to use against Judwan afterwards which were great but never came into play. We had a break for lunch and then we had round three. I was up against Bob who was using a Robot team too instead of his normal Veer-Myn team. Sadly due to bad luck when trying to score I last by a landslide again. On the fourth and final round I was up against Leon. He was using a Season One Corporation team. It was a very close game but he managed to win by one point. So one win and three loses no great, but I am not giving up on my Chromium Chargers. I just have to get use to them and the other Season Two teams as this was the first time I played as and against Season Two teams. Over all I got eighth place out of ten players and now at fourth place in the Grand Championship. Sadly there will be no DreadBall games for me until the 24th of August now (over two months time) sadly unless I can get Richard and Darren or Roxi to play a game or more between now and then. For those instead there were one Season One Corporation team, two Marauder teams, one Season Two Corporation team, one Z'zor team, two Robot teams (including mine) and three bloody Judwan teams who guess what, got the top three places of the tournament. Judwan=CHEESE.

Alpha Simian
Now for the Mantic news. They have revealed the sculpts for the Marauders captain for Deadzone, a Rebel Sorak for Dedzone and Alpha Simian for DreadBall. As well as some of the CAD images of the Fortifications BattleZone, Landing Pad BattleZone, Forge Fathers Guard and the weapon platform for the Goblin Weapons Team. They have revealed what will be in shipment one and two for Deadzone and the survey should be up just before I post this post. The survey should be ending on the 21st of July and payment for the extra stuff is due by the start of October. I am considering getting some Rebel troops to boost my numbers or dropping Sergeant Howlett and the Faction Booster for the Booster Bundle deal.

There is no Crooked Dice Games and Robotech RPG Tactics news this week.

Next is OVA KickStarter news. It was a week was the last week KickStarter (well Monday this week was the last day). The stretch goals that we unlocked and other things being added on or revealed since last week’s post were: Two sets of buttons; all backers at Swift Samurai level and above will get the PDF of the second add-on book “OVA: Song of Sandsea”; and all backers of Bounty Hunter level and above will get a postcard picture of the Bounty Hunter Karis. It managed to make $112,065 and had 2,318 backers. Oh and I upgraded to Bounty Hunter level so I should be getting a physical copy of the main rulebook a dice with the image of the Missile Maiden Miho and a fantastic postcard picture of the Bounty Hunter Karis.

Next is the Mekton Zero KickStarter news. During the week the stretch goals that we unlocked were and other things being added on or revealed are: The symbols for the special Mekton dice have been revealed. Also the active stretch goals for the Mekton Zero KickStarter when I went to bed on Sunday night were: All backers at Citizen level and above will get the PDF of “Battle Guide: The Kalidur Island Front” at $35,000 still. We are now on the last week of this KickStarter. Let us see what can be unlocked in that space of time.

Now for what AJ Lee has been up to this past week. AJ appeared on Raw last week. First she was with Big E Langston and the returning World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler insulting Chris Jericho. This lead to a match between Jericho and Big E. Sadly Big E lost the match. Later AJ (with the help of Big E) was revealed the mastermind of evil revenge trick played on Kaitlyn. She made Kaitlyn believe she had a secret admirer. Kaitlyn ended up alienating herself from her friends. Now Kaitlyn is all alone. Revenge is best served cold. This also revealed the Kaitlyn will be defending her Divas Championship against AJ at Payback. Ok in real life I would have to say that I do not support what AJ did to Kaitlyn. However this is not real life and it is hard to think bad thoughts about that adorable AJ.

AJ and Kaitlyn on Raw last week
AJ also appeared on Smackdown last week too. She was supporting Big E and Dolph in their tag team match against Alberto Del Rio and Jericho. Sadly the team of Del Rio and Jericho won.

We now move on to the Watch, Listen and Read section of the blog post:

Monday
Watched: Episode 420 of the subtitled version of One Piece.

Tuesday
Watched: Episode 9 of dubbed version of One Piece, this week’s episode of the Gadget Show, last week’s episode of BBC’s Click and episode 1045 of WWE Raw.
Listened: Episode 132 of the One Piece Unofficial Podcast.

Wednesday
Watched: Last week's episode of WWE Superstars.
Read: Chapter 93 of One Piece.

Thursday
WLR: Nothing.

Friday
Received: Issue 112 of Neo Magazine (ok I normally forget to list Neo Magazine).

Saturday
Watched: Episode 679 of WWE Smackdown (sadly my dad watched the rest of episode 678 without me and then deleted it before I could watch it).
Brought and Received: Issue 48 of No Quarter.

Sunday
Watched: Episode 10 (final) of season three of Game of Thrones, this week’s episode of BBC’s Click, episode 421 of the subtitled version of One Piece and three Gadget Show web clip (Gadget News 25/02/2011; Igougo and Stupeflix; and Top Five Gadget Dare Devil Moments).
KickStarter: Upped OVA to Bounty Hunter level.


Until next time, armour up.

No comments:

Post a Comment