MK HeroClix House Rules

Monday 11 November 2013

Neoscream's Life: 4th to 10th of November

AMX-003 Gaza-C (Mobile Suit)
Welcome to the Neoscream's Life post. This is a weekly post of some of the things I have done last week and news on the great Geek Goddess, AJ Lee. I have decided to post this week's post a day early as I am currently on holiday from work due to having a new kitchen fitted. I was going to do it last week, but near got round to do it.



“Life”

On Monday last week I sorted out my HeroClix figures and help my dad (who was off work last work) to put up the new shed. Sadly we never got to finish the shed be sunset due to a couple of minor problems. We only have the lock, the windows and some minor décor. Oh and I posted the open video to Gundam Build Fighters on the blog.

On Tuesday last week we finished the shed (after it stopped raining), and cleared out the kitchen. Outside that I sorted out two draw of one of my old chest of draws, three boxes under my bed and did some studying for this week’s test for the A+ course I am doing. I ended up with one bag of rubbish so far I also had a phone call from Simon. He was panicking that he missed the week before episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which he did not as there was not an episode that week sadly. Oh and I posted the “Neoscream’s Life” post for the week before.

On Wednesday last week the Kitchen fitters arrived. They come about 8AM and ripper out the old kitchen, damaging the laminated floor in hall way. We were planning on replacing it in the future so they give my dad a number of some who could fit laminated flooring and my dad called him to come over for quote which they did not on the day. As the people doing the fencing have been mess us around, dad had someone else come it to check it. They could not give a quote strait away, but they said they would e-mail us back with quotes. As their electrician was not with them and that they still had week to do in the job that coursed the two day delay, they went off at about 11AM. Saying that they will be coming back later with the electrician to do the electrical work and plastering. They came back at about 2:45PM. The electrician checked the work he needed to do and said he could not do it on the day as he needs to get the new electrics which did not come with the new kitchen bits. Plus by the look of thinks it seems like this is the first time the electrician had known about this job. So they left. During the day I did some more studying, took the chapter three quiz, did some blog writing and continued sorting out my room I have cleared/tidied both chests of draws and sorted all the boxes. I have found my Tau but not my Kroot stuff (will I did find one Kroot which is all that I need for now).

The Kitchen on Sunday
On Thursday last week I updated the “Gaming with Neoscream” post with the news that during the night and the evening the day before when I first got up. The assistant to the main Kitchen Fitter turned up at about 8:20AM on his own when he was meant to be there with the main guy and the electrician at 8AM. As there was no electrician, all that the assistant could do was build the units so that they can be put into place after the electrical work and plastering. My dad believes that they are doing two jobs at once when they should be doing just the one at a time. After work on blog posts I got on to sorting out my Marvel HeroClix cards and tidying selves before getting ready and going to my course. The main guy finally turned up at about 2:15PM, Over six hour after he said he would be. He helped his assistance putting up the units and work surfaces. I left home at 4PM to get a bus to the train station so I could get a Subway for dinner before going to my course. This time we quickly reviewed chapter three and we did the exam which I got 95.3%. Only one question was wrong and it was a common one most people were getting wrong. I am over the moon with the result. This means my average is 83.6% a pass is 75% or more. When I got home I was told the fitters left as about 5:45PM and have messed things up. Instead of fitting a bin cabinet by the doorway, they fitted a standard cabinet and at first they did not follow what we have said to BnQ and them about leaving a bit more room for the refrigerator. This meant they had to change one of the cabinets to a smaller one. Still not work on the electrical and plastering has been done and most of the units are up now. Also the guy dad called about the laminated flooring was meant to have visited at 2PM, but never turned up.

On Friday morning I did a ton of work on blog posts and writing up the notes I have done for Meacha Knight into full rules. The kitchen fitters came later than normal as they had a shower to fit for another job. The electricians arrived at about 12:40PM will I was busy posting the “Gaming with Neoscream” post. I first thought I would be fine as my laptop that had been on the mains so I could finish the post. However I forgot the modem would go down when the power is cut. I did have the idea I could turn my phone into a hotspot. The phone supported it, but my contact did not, so I could not do it. So it delayed my post and I had to reboot my phone as trying to use it as a hotspot killed the browser. Beep, Beep, Beep. We got power back about three hours later and finished posting the post. As I got internet back, an old friend on MFC had come back after a LONG time. However she decided to leave as it felt weird coming back. It was great seeing her again, even though it was brief. The Kitchen Fitters and the guy doing the laminated floor never turn up at all and we do not know if they are working Saturday or not as there are not answering our calls. In the evening I finally got round to some paint and undercoated another wave of figures. I also received an e-mail saying that my Kingdom Death order has been sent, seven and a half days after I brought it.

On Saturday morning I wrote up the results of the end of the Elven Adventurers Box Set KickStarter and played some Pixelmon. I had been playing it all week and the weekend before. The game is a Pokemon mod for Minecraft. The assistant kitchen fitter arrived at about 8:40PM which meant they were working on a Saturday. He continued working on fitting units by the look of thing and had not started on the plastering. Face palm. I left my mum keeping an eye on things when I left for coffee as it was her day off and dad had to go into work for a couple of hours in the morning. I was a normal coffee with Richard and Darren H. After coffee me and Darren H looked around the city centre for Mexican style stuff for Jake’s secret Mexican themed very late birthday party. OK the party was not a surprise as he arranged it. It was the Mexican themed that was the surprise. Sadly all we could find is a pack of stick-on mousses. If I had remembered to sort something out earlier I would have brought a Mexican wrestling mask. Never mind. I got home about 12PM with lunch for my parents as my dad was back from work. It was still the assistant kitchen fitter only when I got back but the main guy arrived at about forty minutes later and then they started work on the surfaces. He only stayed for something like an hour or two. By time the assistant left at about 6PM the work surfaces was done as well as about 95% of the units.  Later Darren H picked me up and we went to Jack’s late fortieth birthday party. There was a real Mexican band there playing music there. It was a good time.

On Sunday there were no kitchen fitters as it was a Sunday. The People who were meant to be doing the new fence never turned up again, but they did phone about midday saying that they cannot did this Sunday and they had not yet picked up the new fence. They SHOULD be coming Sunday this week if they can pick up the fencing stuff by Tuesday. I helped my mum tidy downstairs as much as we can and posted the Cosplay Deviants post.


“AJ Lee (and WWE)

AJ was in a six Diva match on Raw last week. She was teamed up with her bodyguard Tamina Snuka and her old tag team partner back in her FWC days, Aksana. They were ageist Eva Marie and the blood Bella Twins. Sadly they lose Eva manage to pin Tamina for the win.

Also on last week’s Raw, Big E Langston was new of the three options for the fans to vote for as Randy Orton’s opponent and he won it by a landslip. The other chooses were The Miz and Dolph Zigler. Big E gave a good fight, but sadly he lost the match. Oh and Kane is now wearing a suit with a red tie.

AJ was in tag team action again on Smackdown. It was her and Tamina verses the Funkadactyls. AJ slipped on the Black Widow on Cameron and tap out. Victory to the Geek Goddess.



“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: Robot Jox and GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords.
Received: WWE 2K14 in the post.

Robot Jox
Tuesday
Watched: This week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Received: Survivor Aya from Kingdom Death in the post.

Wednesday
Received: The underwear I ordered in the post as the kitchen fitter arrived.

Thursday
Received: The Nightwing and Batgirl due figure in the post.

Friday
Watched: Last week’s episode of BBC’s Click and part of this week’s episode of the Gadget Show.
eBay: I won a Crimson Typhoon Pacific Rim HeroClix figure.

Mechabricks
Saturday
Watched: The rest of this week’s episode of the Gadget Show, episode 6 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and episode 5 of Gundam Build Fighter.
KickStarter: Elven Adventurers Box Set ended (write up in the next “Gaming with Neoscream”) and I have backed both the Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain (At Stronghold level) and Mechabrick (at the £20 level).

Sunday
Watched: This week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.


Well that is it for now. Until next time, Armour Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment