MK HeroClix House Rules

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Neoscream's Life: 23rd to 29th May 2016

Welcome everybody to another the "Neoscream's Life" post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. This week's Kingdom Death opening pictures is the Black Knight.



"Blog News"

Sorry for the late post just been have problems finishing it, taking photos and getting time to post it.

Just to let people know, there was no "Gaming News from Neoscream" last week. It was due to a lack of news. However there will be one this week, however it will most likely be on Saturday due to the delay of this post.



"Life"

On Monday I went to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Kingdom Death Monster. Bob, Rob, Adrian and Michael all turned up so I was the Monster Controller again. They decided to hunt the Flower Knight. There was a bit of chaos due to the Trap card kept on appearing. Luckily they defeated the Flower Knight without losing anyone. However they were hit with the "Clinging Mist" Settlement Event and must go on another hurt strait away. Sadly we did not have the time to do another hunt so we ended it there and I recorded the Resources gather (even thou technically you are not meant to record the flower stuff).

There was no HeroClix last week as Adrian could not make it. The scenario will be move to next week.

I ended up watched "Britain's Got More Talent" as the amazing Foxes was on it. I do not normally watch things like "Britain's Got Talent" but as Foxes was on it as a guest performer (guest house band) I watched it. I know it is stupid thing and it probably happens to everyone who performs on show like Britain's Got More Talent, but I felt quite disappointed with show and channel (ITV 2) on how much air time they gave her songs. It was about fifteen seconds a track for three of the tracks and then the final one that ended, her new single Cruel, the show gave a lot more time. About half a minute (at max a minute) before the credit. The music (not video) did continue during the credits which would have been fine, how it was a wast as the channel did the what is next on ITV during most of it. OK I know Loui (or at least her record company) knew what they were getting into and it is most likely the treatment that all guest bands and artists have. She was a part of a contest, however she was not ableto do much in it as her opponent was buzzing roo fast, plus he did not know the correct answers (it was guess the song name, NOT guess the artist that did it). OK everyone, Foxes fan rant over.

On Saturday after the Cardfight Vanguard Store Championship. I went over to Shell's and Liam's with Crawford for some more games of Cardfight Vanguard and some Force of Will.



"Cardfight Vanguard Store Championship"


On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the Cardfight Vanguard Store Championship. I decided to use my Nova Grapplers deck. Thirty-four players had signed up as coming, however only eighteen players turned up. So players had 

Before I continue I best first off I better explain briefly some of the rules for the Store Championship. Each round was forty minutes best out of three, if there was more players it would have been twenty minutes single game. If you loss two rounds you are out of the Store Championship. After several rounds (which ended up being four) there will be a top four play off. The top four were one game knock-outs with no time limit. The winner will win a place in the Nationals.

On the first round I was up against Crawford who was using a Kagero deck. I did a hell of a lot better that I expected against Kagero, however I did not win sadly.

On the second round I was up against Shadow Paladin play. My deck and play style struggled as my rear guards kept on being retired, which was  made my my Strides next to useless as their abilities are based on standing rear guards while I did not have any or much. I ended up losing the round and with losing two rounds I was out of the Championship.

We stop for a lunch break and then during the third round a rebuilt my Cosmic Hero deck so I can get some practice with them to be ready for the release of G-BT07 "Glorious Bravery of Radiant Sword". Then during the fourth round I got a couple of games in with my Cosmic Heroes. Won one, lost one.

For these who want to know, the top four deck where: At fourth place was Pale Moon; at third place was Neo Nectar; at second place was Royal Paladin; and at first place was Aqua Force.


"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all two more Treasure Tokens for Frostgrave and three Skeleton Warriors for Dungeon Saga.


During the week I managed to finish painting three Kingdom Death Monster figures and three Warmachine figures. I also undercoated two Kingdom Death Monster figures, two Doctor Who based figures and two Dreadball figures.

In the next "Gaming News from Neoscream" post I should have for you all two Spikeshells for Frostgrave, a Glaug command battlepod from Robotech RPG Tactics and a Samurai and six Scheme Marker for Malifaux.

Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”


Monday
Received: A second Convergence Hovering Heavy Vector and a Convergence Enigma Foundry.

Tuesday
Watched: X-Men Apocalypse.

Wednesday
Watched: Episode 16 of season four of Arrow.

Thursday
Watched: Episode 7 of Legends of Tomorrow and that week's episode of Britain's Got More Talent (for Foxes).

Friday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders and episode 26 of Cardfight Vanguard G GIRS Crisis.
Listened: Friday's Chris Evans Breakfast (for Foxes).

Sunday
Watched: That week's episode of Weekenders XLBS, episode 17 of season two of the Flash and episode 17 of season four of Arrow.

Still in the post or soon be should
May's Loot Crate.


Until next time, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment