MK HeroClix House Rules

Thursday 30 March 2017

Neoscream's Life: Very Close Hopefully March 30th 2017

Hi everyone and welcome to another "Neoscream's Life" post. All the painting is basically done now (just a bit of tidying on the walls), both the door and new curtains are up and the new carpet has been laid. Now just the wait for all of the new furniture to arrive. The room is looking very gray at the moment, but not bad. During the wait, I have been working on the shed and have now organised the chest of draws. I also picked up two new Transformers for my new display cupboards. They were Mindwipe and Apeface from the Titans Return range.

Now to gaming.


Cardfight Vanguard

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. I was planning on trying out my Dimensional Robos deck with some of the new cards. However, I did not pull much Dimensional Robos support from the two boosters boxes of the new set "We Are Trinity Dragon". But I did pull a copy of the new Gallop and a playset of the new common grade three for Cosmic Heroes so I decided to use my Cosmic Heroes deck with some new cards.

On the first round, I was up against Barney who was using a Nova Grappler draw. Apart from several cards in the G-Zone, his deck was more or less the same as my Nova Grappler deck. Be both a deck that I use and Nova Grapplers, it out stood my deck. This ended up as a loss and a headache for Shell as we forgot to report the result straight away.

On the second round, I was up against one of the House brother and he was using a Gold Paladins deck. He won the first game and I was about to win the second (by the look of things), but we ran out of time and it ended up being a draw.

We stopped for a quick lunch break and then started round three. I was up against Wai-Yin and she was using her Aqua Force deck as when she heard what decks myself and Shell (Great Nature) was using she thought it was a better chose than her beloved Touken Ranbu. However, after facing David last round (who was using Link Joker) she wished she used her Pale Moon deck. Anyway, she managed to win the round.

On the fourth and final round, before the top four playoffs, I was up against a new player who was using a pre-G-Zone Gold Paladin trail deck (or what looked like a trail deck). I won this round. However, she did win one of our three games as I could not draw a grade three, even as damage and I went though half my deck.

Sadly with just one win, I did not get into the top four play-offs. Shell managed to win the tournament (like normal when she plays), but it was a tough fight against Crawford in the finals.


Kingdom Death Monster

On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Kingdom Death Monster with Wai-Yin, Bob, Michael, and Adrain. To make sure Wai-Yin got there on time I (well my dad) gave her a lift. We hunted a level one White Lion this time. It was an easy fight. And apart from losing Face painting to protect the settlement from the acid rain from the Gorm Client, we did quite well in the Settlement Phase.


Other Gaming Notes

My new starting Warband minus Captain and Daemons
On other notes, there will be no HeroClix this week or next week So the scenario has been pushed back until the 13th of April (almost typed in May). Also next week, I will be taking part in the new Frost Grave campaign with Bob and several other. So there will be no KDM next week. Like last years one we will be doing one game a month, but there is no set end and we are starting from the missions in the core rulebook and plan on moving thru the other books once that is done. As it was roughly agreed that new warbands mean new figures (well not the ones from last time) I decided to use my Arcadia Quest stuff as it would have been a pain to build Barbarians or Gnolls at the moment due to the redecorating. Plus they did not fit in the Summoner theme.


Well until next time, until all are one with the Lantern Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment