MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Neoscream's Life for the week of the 2nd to the 8th of April

MS-06 Zaku II
Welcome to another week of my life. For those new  to the blog, the "Neoscream's Life" posts are basically a weekly dairy of mine. The week before last my mum finally got a tablet and I finally ordered the Trike and my mum finally got a tablet for herself, but what did last week bring. However, first I like to remind people the starting this week the opening pictures will be mobile suits from Gundam now instead of the Straw Hat Crew from One Piece.

On Monday I worked from 9:50AM to 2:20PM. In the evening I finished basing all the figures I own for MS wars that I could as I ran out of bases and I realised there is some things that are needing different bases too. After that I finished off tomorrow's Neoscream's Life post and I wrote up a 250 points Gruntz force which I could use to make two of the same forces to test the game at a later date. In it there is:
  • A commander in large power armour.
  • Three human Gruntz squads with two attachments each.
  • One Dwarf Gruntz squad with no attachments.
  • Two tanks.
  • Three Mecha.
  • And a Jeep.
I also looked up the results of Wrestlemania which I would like to talk about as I never had really talked about the wrestling. Congratulations to Sheamus for his quick victory against Daniel Bryan. 18 seconds should be the new chant from Daniel Bryan. Also congratulations to CM Puck and Big Show for shutting  up their opponents Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes. It was sad to hear that John Cena and Triple H lost there matches. And now chaos will rule the WWE as John Laurinaitis is in charge of both Raw and Smackdown thinks to that hoeski Eve.
Watched: Episode 25 of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE and episode 285 of the subtitled version of Bleach. 
Listened: Episode 313 of Anime Pulse and episode 57 of VG Pulse.


On Tuesday morning I posted last week's Neoscream's Life post. I worked from 9:50AM to 2:50PM. In the evening I ordered some more bits from Pendraken and post a video of the first four One Piece opening which are dubbed in English. The stuff I ordered from Pendraken was more bases (a pack of 15 mm round, a pack of 20mm round and a pack of 15mm by 20mm rectangle), a pack of officers to use as commanders instead of my power armour guys and some Dwarves with flame throwers as special weapons guys for the Dwarf squads. If this stuff arrives before I get time to test the game the forces I made might change.
Watched: Episode 10 of the second season of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and this week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Listened: Episode 184 of Manga Pulse, Gundamn!@MAHQ Comic-Con 2009 Day Two Wrap-up! and episodes 72 and 73 (with Vic Mignogna) of the Unofficial One Piece Podcast.
Brought and Received: I orders volume 3 of the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 manga.

On Wednesday I worked from 9:50AM to 5PM without a lunch break. Just as I finished work I received a phone call from Richard about two things. To see if I would be interested on going out for drinks with him and Jake and the role-play is happening on Saturday evening. Sadly as I was tired and knew I would be too busy Thursday to write up the Two Year Blog Special I had to turn him down about drinks. This turned out to be a good move as my time table for Thursday morning got even more busyer, meaning I had to push more stuff into tonight as both my Trike and the robots from Russia arrived in the post. Sadly I was not aloud to open up the box the Trike arrived in until tomorrow morning. I spent the evening collecting up the HeroClix figures for tomorrows game and getting the Two Year Blog Special ready to post quickly tomorrow morning.
Listened: Episode 74 of the Unofficial One Piece Podcast.

On Thursday morning got up half an hour early so that I could posted the blog birthday special before I can get the Trike ready for using. Both my parents were off work today. As my dad was not ready to do it when I was due to the bloody cricket, so I started putting together some of the Astroid robots. until he was. However just before he was ready, my mum decided that we should at least get it unpacked while waiting for him. When he finally came out he ended up breaking th lock for the folding part of the Trike. After about half an hour he managed to fix it. He then attached the handle bars and adjusted the seat. With the Trike ready I tried it out round a near by park. The paths around it had lots of turns and slopes to help me get use to them as Milton Keynes is very hilly. Afterwards before I started work, we went to pick up some accessories like bike lights, pump and a crash helmets. The helmet was a hard thing to find as my head is very large. Yes (face palm), I have a big head. We could only find one helmet out of the two stores we visited. It was an XL size helmet, 60-66 inch. I worked from 12PM to 3PM. Work was super busy. I the evening I went to HeroClix like normal. When I got home there was a major update for Office Suite. It went from version 5 to version 6. Luckily it still works fine, unlike the update for the other office suite I use to use about six months ago. The only real difference in version 6 is that it is set up in pages, which is a good thing, but the default screen size for the text is quite some.
WLR: Nothing.

Friday morning I finished off and posted the MK HeroClix post and then I went food shopping with my mum who was off work as it was a bank holiday. Sadly I did not get time to practice on the Trike so I was hoping to do it after work. I worked from 12PM to 5PM. I bumped into Anup, the former head of organised play for WizKids UK back when Topps owned it. He seems to be doing OK. When I finished work, I could not get to practice on my trike as both my parents cars are blocking it as it is packed behind them. Sadly I will not get time to practice with it tomorrow as I will be too busy with coffee, work and role-play. I posted one of the openings to One Piece on the blog. I did not get a round to watching much as my internet was acting very slow.
Watched: Episode 200 of the subtitled version of Naruto: Shippuden and this week’s episode of The Gadget Geeks.


DO NOT BUY
On Saturday I had coffee with Darren and Richard. After coffee I we popped into Waterstones before I left for work. I noticed Waterstones had the Avengers Movie HeroClix Mini. I had a long thought about getting. The standard starter pack would be out in two weeks time, but looking at what the back of the box said only differences between it and the starter set was the fact that the mini game had four instead of six figure (the four are the same as figures in the starter), a board normal size map instead of a double side paper map (I forgot it had two double sided maps than the one in the Fast Forces) and the mini game was several pounds cheaper than the starter, oh and it was available now instead of in over two weeks time due to shipment speed from America. The full size board map pictured on the back of the box is what sold it to me. I worked from 12PM to 4:30PM. On the bus to Richard's for role-play I had a good look at the Mini Game and was super disappointed due to two major things. This first is the "Rulebook" the box listed it had was in fact a sheet of A5 paper with quick play rules with a web link to PDF version of the full HeroClix rules. It was not the fact that it was not the full rules that pissed me off, it was the fact that they state "Rulebook" while is was a sheet of A5 paper. The second thing, which is thae major let down which has pissed me off with WizKids, is the "Game Board" they listed and show a picture of a 2' by 3' map was in fact a 2' by 6" map. A huge case of miss advertisement. What is the point of this set when there is a good starter set coming out. If WizKids wanted to range out to the general public with HeroClix, give stores the start set is a box than this crap. It would had been better if the figures in the set had different dial to the standard starter. My advice to all players new and old, DO NOT GET THE BOX SET, want until the real starter is out and get that. Rant over. We finished of Pete's Cyberpunk game by failing the mission, but as we were up ageist a guy in power armour, we were doomed anyway. But We did survived that game. I Got knocked out with one hit like normal in this game and Nathan's character some how kept on fighting on for a long time until he finally was knocked out. Richard's character, the Solo run away like a chicken, which ended up saving our characters as that guy in the power armour had no reason to kill us. After that we had some time so we generated characters for Nathan's Star Wars game. I am going to be playing a Zygerrian Scoundrel.
Brought and Received: Volume 3 of the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 manga arrived in the post.

Sunday was a day off work. I did an update to the DreamClix Dial Designs page, as well as wrote and posted the Cosmic Cosplay post. I also got a lot more practice on my trike and finished off building the Astroid robots. Oh and my internet was acting up again, but this time I rebooted the hub and it is now working again.
Watched: Episodes 11 and 12 of Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (only the first half of 11 as the second half was missing) and episode 218 of the subtitled version of Naruto.
Listened: Episode 37 of Gundamn!@MAHQ, episode 42 of ClixCast and episode 58 of VG Pulse. Read: Chapters 8 and 9 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00.

Here is a list of posts that will be posted during the coming week.

Friday the 13th of March: "MK HeroClix".
Sunday the 15th of April: "Cosmic Cosplay".
Tuesday the 17th of April: "Neoscream's Life".

Well until next time, Mecha Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment