Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the Dust: Operation Babylon KickStarter news. The KickStarter has ended now. It made $469,313 and had 1,475 backers. There has not been an update about any change to the retail backs since the last post.
Goodies unlocked since last week were: Kickstarter exclusive Operation Babylon decals have been added to each army deal or pledges over $150; some new terrain and bundle deals as add-ons; Steel Lightning Steel Guard Tesla Squad, Spetsnaz Anti-tank Squad and Aleksandr Vasilevsky ISU-T Heavy Tesla Assault Gun for the SSU as add-ons; Desert Scorpions NDAK Recon Grenadier Squad and Tomb Cleaners NDAK Security Grenadier Squad for the Axis as add-ons; a free walker body has been added to every army deal or pledges over $150; the Sisters of Demolition unit has been added to every army deal and as an add-on; a pack of dice for the Mercenaries as an add-om; an Abandoned Well terrain piece has been added to each army deal; Special Editions walkers for each of the three factions as add-ons; more old Dust units as add-ons; and all backer (or most) will get a PDF of the Operation Babylon campaign book. There was no stretch goals left as anything new would delay the KickStarter.
|A Drangon next to a Fusilier from Last Saga|
After the KickStarter had ended all backers got PDF of the Operation Babylon campaign book and by the look of things the card of all (it not a good chunk of) the units.
Next is the Last Saga news. The KickStarter has ended now. It made $18,882 and had 347 backers.
Goodies unlocked since the last post: The Guardian of Tanaor Starter Pack; the Faceless unit for the Guardian of Tanaor; The Curator unit for the Guardian of Tanaor; a Support pack for the Guardian of Tanaor; and the Serestian Pester unit for the Sovereign Empire.
The Stretch Goals that they never made were: The Nagrin Bomber unit for the Sovereign Empire at $19k.
Now for the Stonehaven Miniatures. Goodies unlocked since last post were: A Viking Village terrain setting; and a Fish Shack.
|The Strider Pilots|
Stretch Goals still left when I posted this post were: Hedge Rows at $15k; and a Rocky Field at $17.5k.
Next is for the Mantic news. First off is DreadBall. The starter set has gone out of stock again. However Mantic has decided to release sometime next month a Special Limited Edition starter that will include the whole Azure Forest League Pack, an exclusive Azure Forest Pitch instead of the original one and if it is over the web on their web store you also get two standard price MVPs of your chose for free. Also there will be an Azure PrimalBall VIII Limited Edition Mega Bundle that will include the all of the above (including the MVP deal), Dreadball Ultimate box set, the Season Two rule book and the giant Dozer.
And now for Deadzone. Due to moving and hard plastics the second wave is being delayed, but it will be still happening in July. I would guess it will START shipping at around the 29th of July. We also got a painted image of the Strider Pilots and the cover art for the Incursion expansion book.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. Adam has revealed on the comment section of the KickStarter that Spidicules is able to spawn smaller spiders. The pledge manager is closed temporary this that they can catch up with people and their needs. They are also wanting for a new box of goodies from china. When it arrives there will be a new update made shortly afterwards (after things like assembling and photographing).
Next is the Ninja Division news. On FRIDAY THE 13TH they have started another KickStarter for a new game called “Bunnies vs Zombies”. However on Monday night/Tuesday Morning they decided to cancel it and try again at a later date.
Now for another new KickStarter that I will be reporting on called, “Mechadrome Heavy Metal Combat”. This really looks to be a mecha team base game I always wanted. The only problem I have with it ism the scale. It is 28mm so this smallest mech is the same size as a Heavyjeck from Warmachine. I can see the benefits of the scale as it does mean that the figure could be used in many other games and use the terrain of the other games. However I wanted something at a smaller scale were a small mech figure would be roughly the same height as a Space Marine figure. This is partly due to cost. I am not saying these figures are expensive as compared to other stuff of the same size they are cheap (Warmachine heavyjeck is about £25 while the light mech is $20, about half the price), but still a lot of money compered to things like a standard 28mm human. What I would most likely do is pick up the finish printed rulebook and the objective cards and use other smaller mechs. This will most likely mean I would have to reduce ranges and movement for a smaller scale. Well anyway let us move on.
Stretch Goals still left when I posted this post were: The backers can choose to add for free ever two Hazards or Objective markers to the on pledges of $100 or more at $10k; the Light Mech Trion at $13k; Terran Heavy Mechs which stand 10mm tall at $16k; the Medium Mech Omega Centauri at $20k; also at $20k all backers of $100 or more will gain one free light mech of their choose; and Bionic Light Mech(s) at $25k.
|New Zombicide Survivor|
Next is the Interface Zero news. The main rulebook has finally been printed as is currently shipping to them from their Chinese printers.
|New Zombicide Survivor|
Now for the Shadows of Brimstone news. This week we got an update showing off: new artwork; CAD images of the Scourge Rats and Harvestor figures; and example of some of the Darkness cards, Map cards, Encounter cards, Threat cards, Loot cards and Scavenge cards.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. We got images this week of two new Survivors for Zombicide both with Urban Maces.
Lastly there is the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. Due to production problems with the figures the first wave is being delayed. It should ship in the fourth quarter of 2014, instead of the third. This does mean the second wave will be delayed. It was meant to be the fourth quarter of 2014. There is no word on when it will be now, but I am
· Both “Mekton Zero”, “Kingdom Death Monster” and “Mechabrick” have been delay due to problems and both currently have no dates
· “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” KickStarter will ended on the 29th of June
· Both “Zombicide Season Three” and “Wolsung” should start sometime in June 2014
· “Mechadrome” KickStarter will ended on the 2nd of July
· Wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” might start shipping in late July 2014
· Both “Interface Zero 2.0” and wave two of “Deadzone” should begin shipping in July 2014
· “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” should ship in July-August 2014
· “Dwarf King's Hold” KickStarter” should start sometime in end July to early August 2014
· “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks), “Shadows of Brimstone”, “Mars Attacks” and “Dust Operation Babylon” are all listed to ship in August 2014
· “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
· The "Battle System Fantasy Dungeon Terrain" KickStarter should start sometime between August and November 2014
· Both “Arcadia Quest” and “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” are listed to ship in September 2014
· At a wild guess “OVA” main rulebook will ship in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” is set to ship in October 2014 at the earliness
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Both wave One of “DreadBall Xtreme” and “Last Saga” are listed to ship in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time too
“Painting and Converting”
This week we have a Berserker Zombie Walker, two Berserker Zombie Runners, the Early Version Male Savior, the Survivor Pinup, a Convergence Light Vector Wreck, three Accretion Servitors, a Crusader Heavy Warjack, a Revenger Light Warjack and the KickStarter Exclusive version of Lieutenant Allison Jakes.
|This week's figure front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's Warmachine figures|
|Accretion Servitors group two|
|Convergence Wreck Tokens|
|This week's Zombicide figures|
|This week's Kingdom Death figures|
In this week’s post there will be the human version of HeroClix Marvel Secret Invasion Miss Marvel, Yellow Jacket and Captain Marvel, as well as the MVP A'teo Adyssi, three Judwin Players, a Judwin Prone token, the MVP Drake on the Dynamic Dinoborg, a Silicon Warrior, Black Heart and the Undertaker.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.