MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 8 June 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 8th June 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.



This Week's Events

On Thursday I went down to York House to play some games of HeroClix. This week we were playing the second week of the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." scenario (Please check the HeroClix Scenarios page for more information).
In the first round I was up against Darren S. I was using my Hydra team while Darren S was using his S.H.I.E.L.D team. Unlike normal I managed to win a game against Darren S. Oh and Red Skull got his Dooms Day Weapon. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael.
The Illuminati
In the second round I was up against Adrian. It was S.H.I.E.L.D. verses S.H.I.E.L.D.. It was a close game, however the Mystics damage from the Thunderbolts kill me. Also Darren won his game against Michael (I think).
In the third and final round I was up against Michael. I was using my Hydra team while Michael was using his S.H.I.E.L.D. team. My Hydra team crushed his team and Red Skull got his Dooms Day Weapon again. Also Darren won his game against Adrian.
Over all Hydra won both weeks, nine won to three. Oddly there was no Nick Fury, Captain America, Agent Coulson or Black Widow trying to save S.H.I.E.L.D.. May next time!
Next week will be "Army of Three". This will be 500 and you must have three figure that have the same name, but are deferent people. This includes universes. For example with Iron Man you have 616 Tony Stark version, 616 James Rhodes, Movie Tony Stark and Ultimates Tony Stark. Please note that I am only listing Iron Man as an example and not whagt I am planning on using. "The" will be ignored in the figures name, just like it is in standard HeroClix rules.

On Friday night I went to Wargames Workshop MK for this month’s High Command tournament. The rules for this month’s games were: This Resource Deck can be built out of any of your factions Resource cards, not just the black attachment ones. I built two decks, a Menoth deck and a Cygnar deck. Sadly on the night I found I made a mistake in my Menoth deck so I ended up using my Cygnar Deck. For both game and won them both which gave me lots of championship points. The first game I was up against Trolls (guest staring "The Rok") and the second game I was up against Menoth. Due to the fact that we did not get a card last month as they had not arrive in time, we got two this time.

On Saturday morning I went to Wargames Workshop MK again. This time for a DreadBall tournament. It was the standard League Tournament rules we play. Pick a team and add 20mc to it. I has been considering several teams. Chromium Changers (Robots), Battle Angels (Season Two Corporation), Cyber-Tech Primers (Season One Corporation) and Golden Bugs (Judwan). Due to the changes to Judwan in season three my Golden Bugs were too weak and expensive to replace. I have been enjoying my Battle Angels, however I have used them in the last two tournaments. So it became a decision between my Chromium Changers and my Cyber-Tech Primers. It a last minute decision I went for my favourite team, Chromium Changers. With the 20mc I brought an offensive coach and a card. There was eight of us this time. Due to the low numbers DreadBall normally has and the fact that Wargames Workshop has more room for gaming tables, there was a Star Wars tournament that I did not know of as well.
In the first round I was up against Matt who was using a Season One Corporation team. I sadly lost this game by five points. My dice rolls at the end of the game were terrible. From six dice a 3+ I got ONE success. With the mc I earned I brought two extra coaching dice.
In the second round I was up against a team of Z’zors called the Hive Tyrants. I manage to win this game with a white wash in about twenty six minutes. Sadly my number two robot was killed. With the mc I earned and the five extra I got from sell the dead robot for part, I brought a replacement for number two and one more coaching dice.
In the third round I was up against Rob Taylor who was using a Zees team. It was a close game, however Rob won by one point. I realised after the tournament when I got home I must have forgotten to add the mc earned in this game when reworking how I spent my credits, or I could have brought a third card or another Coaching Dice and completely forgot to note it and remember it. Face Palm.
After the first three rounds we were split into two groups, the top four would be put up against each other in the semi-finals and finals, while the rest would continual. Sadly I was not one of the ones that got in the top four.
In the fourth round I was up against James who was using a Season two Corporation team. Sadly due to a luckily card draw form James on the first turn and a terrible dice roll from me on the second turn, I lost the game in just fifteen minutes on the third turn. Number Two Mark Two went up to rank two and gained Misdirect.
In the fifth and final round I was up against Rob C who was using his normal Forge Fathers team. I had 10mc which I was planning on spending on a MVP. The first that was available was Nightshade, which I should have bided for, but I let Rob Talyor have him as there would be others. Sadly the others ever did not work for my team or were too expansive. I should have brought a card. This was close in scoring, however his team killed two of my robots, Number Two Mark Two and Number Five. I lost by just one point.
Oh Here is a picture from the finals of the Star War
Luckily by the end of the tournament I was not at the bottom of the tournament (which I am normally with Warmachine). Mike Clarke was the winner of the tournament and his is in first place of the Championship, but I am at fourth play Championship.
The next one is currently advertised for the 2nd of August. However they are talking about doing a Zombicide tournament on the same day as well which could cause problems with number for DreadBall. I for one would be going to Zombicide than DreadBall due to the fact that the Gaming Night figure will be prizes. But remember nothing is set in stone yet.



Armies

As I have already listed the teams two weeks ago I will not be re-listing them. However, I would be listing both of Michael’s as he found the missing figures, but sadly I did not check his Hydra team out so I can only do the S.H.I.E.L.D. team. It was an Illuminati team who were:

Professor X (008 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 150
Iron Man (001 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 150
Namor (203 Marvel Galactic Guardians) 100
=400 points and three TTPCs (Themed Team Probability Controls).

I think his Hydra team might have been somewhat the same as his last moment team, but with Crossbones and as extra Hydra grunt instead of Death Mask.

Lastly here are the 100 and 200 rating versions of my Sherlock team for 7TV.


I do plan on adding D.I. Greg Lestrade, Molly Hooper and maybe Mary Watson in the 300 rating version when I get around to doing it, but that might be the last version of the team. Next week I should have the 100 rating version of my first 7th Voyage team, He-Woman and the Masters of the Underverse. I might change that name.



Future Events

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·         On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·         On Thursday the 12th of June, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be “Army of Three”.
·         On Monday the 16th of June, Rob Taylor will be running a DreadBall league before be leaves.
·         On Saturday the 21st (opps sorry had this down as the 26th) of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Sunday the 22nd of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton. SOLD OUT
·         On Friday the 4th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 5th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 19th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 2nd of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment