Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games.
“This Week's Events”
On Monday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the first week of the DreadBall League. The rules for the league rules will be listed in the "House Rules" section. I decided to go for my Battle Angels (Season Two Corporation) team. I spent the 20mc on the usual for them, a card and a offencive coach (AJ). My first week game was against Ian who was using a Season One Corporation team. I was the home play and on my first turn I scored a four pointer with Zone-Tan. Then Ian tried taking down my Strikers (and Guard) and he kept control of the ball for several rushes, but I managed to score a three pointer with Caxx to win the game with a whitewash. I earned a whopping 20mc from the game. I used the money on a second guard and a second card. Also Caxx earned
Man Woman of the Match. This meant she went up a
rank and she pick up the ability Jump. This would have been great during the
game. Next week I am up against Dave who is use a Season Two Corporation team
as well and on the week after that I am against Jim who had a Season One
Like I said last week HeroClix was cancelled this week due to the Football. Wast of time due to England losing again.
Here is my DreadBall team so far.
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Monday the 23rd of June, is the second week of Rob Taylor's DreadBall league that he is running before he leaves.
· On Thursday the 26th of June, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be “Army of Three”.
· On Friday the 4th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 5th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 19th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 2nd of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 16th of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 17th of August, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
This week I have the rules for the DreadBall League I am in that is being run by Rob Taylor, one of Mantic's Pathfinders. The post first game stuff is is not set in stone yet as Rob could change his mind.
Pick a team. You have 20mc to spend on improvements. You can not buy ranks for your players, but you can spend all 20mc on a MVP. That MVP stay on your team for the League, unless it was killed off. The MVP does not gain experience and you cannot use the cheap revival on them. This is the only way to get MVPS.
Underdog bonus can be spent on one game only cards and dice, as well as Free Agents. Free Agents do gain experience and if they are the same race as your team you can buy them at the end of the game at their value by the end of it.
Everyone are split into two groups for the first three weeks and then on the last week the two groups will play against each other. Basically the first placed player in group one will play against the first placed player of group two, the second placed player in group one will play against the second placed player of group two and so on.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.