Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of Sinestro, Bizarro, Johnny Quick, Atomica, Green Arrow and Stargirl from DC Justice League Trinity War.
Next is the Privateer Press news. This week we saw the release of: the Khador Warjack Extreme Juggernaut; the Warmachine Khador All-in-One Army Box; the Mercenary Privateer Thamarite Warcaster Fiona the Black; the Mercenary Character Unit Captain Sam MacHorne and the Devil Dogs; the Warmachine High Command Faith and Fortune expansion “Ultimate Weapons”; the Trollblood Character Solo Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw; the Legion Blighted Ogrun Warlock Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight; and all the Wound Markers parks.
One bit of news I missed out on reporting last week sadly is that the convention exclusive were up online during last weekend on their web store for JUST the weekend. I managed to pick up the awesome Steelsoul Keg Protector. As a Convergence play I am happy to finally have it and to have a second sculpt for the Steelsoul Protector.
Now for the Mantic news. On Monday I received the missing stuff from my wave two DreadBall Xtreme stuff. Sadly they muck up again. Instead of two packs of original Cheerleaders they sent one pack of original Cheerleaders and one pack of Xtreme Cheerleaders.
Also Mantic has become the official UK and European distributor Secret Weapon’s Tablescapes Tile System.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were a Half-Orc Female Child and the Mysterious Gremlin Stranger.
Now for the Conan from Monolith Board Games LLC news. It is made it to third place in the top twenty non-computer game KickStarters. It has now finished making $3,327,757 from 16,038 backers. Since last week the goals they manage to smash and new add-on they added were: A Forest Daemon; the hero Taurus; a Thaug; Kothian Archer; a Camel with a new scenario; Ageera, the Witch-Finder; the hero Conan the General; the hero Khemsa, Acolyte of the Black Seers; Gitara; a Collectors box; a Warlock; a digital Conan companion app which will be available for iOS and Android; the Nordheim expansion as an add-on; the Xavier Collette box set as an add-on; and a Dragon as an add-on; Yogah of Yag as an add-on; Vanir Valkyrieas an add-on; four Kushite Witch-Hunters as an add-on; twenty-five Counterbases as an add-on; and ten Giant Wolves as an add-on.
All of the stretch goals that they did were made. I am happy that that did so well but I am worried that that might have been TOO successful and will end up with
Next is the Ninja Division news. Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King is now being split into two shipments. The first wave should ship from China to their warehouse before Chinese New Year and second wave should ship from China to their warehouse after Chinese New Year as there is still a little bit of work to go. There is currently no dates when things will ship to backers.
With Robotech RPG Tactics, the EU wave one stuff should start shipping to backer around the begin to middle of March from the EU warehouse, while the Australia wave one stuff should start shipping to backer around the end of March from the Australia warehouse.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. With the Zombicide Season Three it is starting to arrive in there USA warehouse and the stuff that have not arrived have left China last week. This will cover USA and the rest of the world (not EU and APAC). The EU stuff is being pack in China and should ship to the EU warehouse before Chinese New Year. The APAC will be shipping after Chinese New Year.
Next is the Exploding Kittens KickStarter news. As I past this they are currently over $6m. It is currently at first place in the top twenty non–computer game (and second in all gaming) KickStarters by a long shot. They have unlocked deluxe boxes for both sets.
|A CAD image of the Mechabricks mech with the new upgrades|
apart from the shield
Now for the Shadows of Brimstone news. The only wave one stuff left is for Australia backers. Luckily it has cleared customs and left the warehouse to backers.
Next is the Mechabrick news. After a long time of sort out and then selling their company, Mechabrick is finally moving into production and we have dates, well months. The survey will be sent out to backers sometime in March and will close by the end of April. It should start shipping to backers in June and to retailers in July/August time. Due to the delays, they are adding several items to it. A Power Sword, a shield and a Jet-Pack as well as two items that from the second KickStarter, Leg-Armour and Shoulder-Launchers to add weapon to the legs and shoulder.
Yes you heard me right, they are work on a second KickStart, Mechabrick 2 - Red Star Rising. I wonder where they got the idea for that name from. It should start in September/October time and they plan on tooling all the stuff before the campaign starts so that they will not have the same problem effecting them again.
Now for the OVA news. It is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. It has been ten years since the first edition was release and we are still waiting for a physical version of the second edition book. Luckily it is curry in the print and will hopefully not take much longer.
|The content of the core|
Lastly here is a new Kickstarter I lick to bring up, Ghostbusters the board game from Cryptozoic Entertainment. There are three main levels. Paranormal Pledge will get you the game; and all applicable unlocked Stretch Goals for $80. Mass Hysteria Pledge will get you the game in KickStarter exclusive packaging; the KickStarter exclusive Sandman boss; a 12” x 12” KickStarter exclusive Giclee Print; four KickStarter exclusive double-sided Sedgewick Hotel game board tiles; a set of KickStarter exclusive glow-in-the-dark dice; a 100m tall KickStarter exclusive Impossible mode angry Stay Puft Marshmallow Man; a bunch of additional Episodes (mission/scenarios); and all applicable unlocked Stretch Goals for $125. And Retailer Pledge that comes of the box game and six copies of the KickStarter exclusive glow-in-the-dark Slimer boss for $288.
Since starting the goals they manage to smash and new add-on they added were: The game was funded; extra packs of all the basic ghosts from the box game and KickStarter exclusive Impossible Mode versions as add-ons; KickStarter exclusive Impossible Mode versions of Slimer and Idulnas as an add-on; a ghost bundle deal in standard and KickStarter exclusive Impossible mode as an add-on; an extra set of primed Ghostbusters; the cardboard Ecto-1 will be replace with a 3D figure in all the box games; a KickStarter exclusive Zuul ghost was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels; a KickStarter exclusive Vinz Clortho ghost was added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels.
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: A KickStarter exclusive Gozer ghost will be added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels at $450k.
I am currently only backing this at $1 due to the damn high postage cost ($45 for Mass Hysteria Pledge) and the fact that I would still need to pay VAT (and most likely customs too) on top of that. So $125 would turn into $195 before custom if any and does not include add-on, a whopping $70 (almost 60%) extra.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· Wave one of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) for Australia should have (or soon will) started shipping.
· Chinese New Year is on the 19th of February 2015. This is an important as it effects product of many KickStarters and it lasts for a week (not is it two).
· “Exploding Kittens” KickStarter should be end on the 20th of February 2015.
· “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by, plus the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Zombicide Season Three” and the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013) should ship this month.
· “Ghostbusters” KickStarter should end on the 12th of March 2015.
· “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe and Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping in March 2015.
· Both wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015.
· “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015.
· Both “Conan” and “Ghostbusters” should ship in October 2015.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Thursday the 19th of February 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be an "War of Kings” scenario which is 500 points, the team must have at least one figure with the Ruler keyword. Choose a figure with the Ruler keyword, that ruler Is King. King figures have Master Mind and if they KO another King you gain 50 extra Victory Points. Yes it was pushed back again.
· On Saturday to 14th of February 2015, there will be a Valentine's Day Cardfighter Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 21st of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 7th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· On Sunday the 8th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 14th of March there will be a RPG and board game event in Milton Keynes, called Concrete Cow. It will be happening at The Old Bath House in Wolverton.
· On Saturday the 21st of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 4th of April 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you a Toxic Zombie Walker, two Toxic Zombie Runners and five Long Gunners. Sorry but sadly I only took the group photos.
The next post should be a Long Gunner, a Swan, Lilly Rain Eve (I was worried I might not be able to post her as she and Kallen went missing, but luckily I managed to find them yesterday), an Elven Pilot and a Z’zor player.
During the week I have finished off eight DreadBall Xtreme players, the remaining Elven Adventures I own and a Sci-Fi civilian. I have undercoated Shen and more DreadBall Xtreme and Arcadia Quest figures. I am currently working on more DreadBall Xtreme stuff.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.