Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events. Due to HeroClix being cancelled this week and the fact that I have to be at work early on Friday due to cleaning the beeping shake/ice cream machine, I have decided to post Thursday evening instead of Friday morning.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of Owlman, another version of the Outsider, Martian Manhunter, Despero, Batman and Catwoman from DC Justice League Trinity War.
Next is the Privateer Press news. We got the release dates of the February releases this week. The first wave of February release is on the 11th and are: the Khador Warjack Extreme Juggernaut; the Warmachine Khador All-in-One Army Box; the Mercenary Privateer Thamarite Warcaster Fiona the Black; the Mercenary Character Unit Captain Sam MacHorne and the Devil Dogs; the Warmachine High Command Faith and Fortune expansion “Ultimate Weapons”; the Trollblood Character Solo Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw; the Legion Blighted Ogrun Warlock Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight; and all the Wound Markers parks. The second wave of February release is on the 25th and are: the Cygnar Warcaster Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane; the Khador Greylord Warcaster Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova; the Khador Warjack Extreme Destroyer; the LONG AWAITED Convergence Battle Engine and Solos Transfinite Emergence Projector and Permutation Servitors; the Trollblood Unit Northkin Fire Eaters; Hordes Skorne All-in-One Army Box; and the Quick Measuring Sets.
Now for the Mantic news. On Monday I received my wave two DreadBall Xtreme stuff. Sadly they fucked up my order. They never pack the two packs of twenty-four hex bases to base the figures and the two packs of original Cheerleaders. However they did send me an extra Brute Force and two copies of MVP Blaine that I did not order. I have filled in the missing Items form and It will take at least two to three weeks for them to process It. Face palm. So my team of Brute Forces and Cheerleaders will have to wait until I get the miss Cheerleaders and bases.
Also the hard back version of Mars Attacks Compendium and Mars Attacks: World War are now shipping to Mars Attack backers who order them.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were a Prone Half-Orc and a Tengu Harrier.
Now for the Conan from Monolith Board Games LLC news. It is currently at ninth place in the top twenty non-computer game KickStarters and it has just gone past 10k backers. Since last week the goals they manage to smash and new add-on they added were: A Bones Golem; a free code for Age of Conan MMORPG; a pack 33 card pack of spells; the hero Conan the Wanderer; hero cards for five villains; the hero Pelias; a pack of ten 3D doors as an add-on; a KickStarter Exclusive Daemon of the Earth as an add-on; ten Black Ones as an add-on; the Stygian expansion as an add-on; and five Black Dragons and an add-on.
The Stretch goals still going when I post this were: A Forest Daemon at $1.8m.
Next is the Ninja Division news. Sadly some of the extra stat cards are missing. Replacements will be sent out with wave two, whenever that will ship. They have however placed free PDF copies on DriveThruRPG.com and JPG images on Facebook for the meantime.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With Zombicide, there is a new Mission called “Smash and Grab” on their website.
Now for the Exploding Kittens KickStarter news. As I past this they are currently over $5.4m. It is currently at first place in the top twenty non–computer game (and second in all gaming) KickStarters.
Next is the Dragon Tides news. The Showdown Dice and the Oscar Kass add-on have been unlocked and they have moved around the stretch goals. The next list of goals are: The Rabid Skunk add-on at $20k; the Domino Bonaparte add-on at $25k; the extra “Ninja” henchmen sculpt at $30k; the Suited Up variant of Ivan Castle at $35k; a variant of White Moon at $40k; and General Fang at $45k.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. On Sunday the February releases hit their web store. These are three new Attack Dogs, three new Coppers and two mounted Simians. They have also posted up two new PDFs. The first one Is a new 7TV Programme Guide called "Agents of A.C.E.". It Is a free download. The second is a new 7th Voyage supplement called "Beyond the Seven Seas". It is £12 on their web store.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. We got a small, but major. All but the Spider Silk armour kit is finished, approved and production of it has been finished or is closed to finish. With the Spider Silk armour kit there is a problem with the legs join be too large. Hopefully they should have this fixed soon. Due to the sheer size of the project d with Chinese New Year coming, if things go smoothly they should be loading up cargo boats by May or June. By the sound of it they will not be putting up any new resins for sale for a while due the all this.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top 20 non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. MERCS Recon - $816,273
19. Relic Knights - $909,537
18. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
17. Myth - $926,112
16. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
15. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
14. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
13. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
12. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level sadly)
11. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
10. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
9. Conan –Still going
8. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
7. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
6. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
5. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
4. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
3. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
2. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
1. Exploding Kittens - Still going
As you can see there are two new comer in the list, which has knocked out both Arcadia Quest and Zombicide Season One. The new comers are Conan which is in 9th place at the moment and Exploding Kittens which is in first place at the moment.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), wave two of “Dust Operation Babylon” (August 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should have (or soon will) started shipping.
· The “Conan” KickStarter should be end on the 11th of February 2015.
· The “Exploding Kittens” KickStarter should be end on the 20th of February 2015.
· “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by, plus the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Zombicide Season Three” and the physical copy of “OVA” (Dec 2013) should ship this month.
· “Guild Ball” (December 2014), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe and Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping in March 2015.
· Both wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· Both “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015.
· “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015.
· “Conan” should ship in October 2015.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 7th of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Thursday the 12th of February 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be an "War of Kings” scenario which is 500 points, the team must have at least one figure with the Ruler keyword. Choose a figure with the Ruler keyword, that ruler Is King. King figures have Master Mind and if they KO another King you gain 50 extra Victory Points. Yes it was pushed back.
· On Saturday to 14th of February 2015, there will be a Valentine's Day Cardfighter Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 21st of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 7th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· On Sunday the 8th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Friday the 13th of March there will be a RPG event In Milton Keynes. Sadly I have missed placed the leaflet so I do not know the name of the event or the place.
· On Saturday the 21st of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre-booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you three Standard Zombie Walkers, two Standard Zombie Runners, a Standard Zombie Fatty and three Toxic Zombie Walkers.
The next post should be a Wet Nurse with its slaves.
During the week I have finished off a ton more Zombies and that is it really. Well I am currently working on a Kingdom Death figure and a Warmachine figures.