Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events. Due to HeroClix being cancelled this week and the fact that I have to be at work early on Friday due to cleaning the beeping shake/ice cream machine AND it will be a LONG shift, I have decided to post Thursday evening instead of Friday morning. However I do plan on updating the Exploding Kittens section in the morning with the results on the end of the KickStarter.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we get previews of Wonder Woman, Superwoman, Scarecrow and Shaggy Man from DC Justice League Trinity War and Ultraman, Superwoman and Owlman from DC Justice League Trinity War Crime Syndicate Fast Forces.
Next is the Privateer Press news. Next Wednesday will see the second wave of the February releases. These will be: the Cygnar Warcaster Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane; the Khador Greylord Warcaster Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova; the Khador Warjack Extreme Destroyer; the LONG AWAITED Convergence Battle Engine and Solos Transfinite Emergence Projector and Permutation Servitors; the Trollblood Unit Northkin Fire Eaters; Hordes Skorne All-in-One Army Box; and the Quick Measuring Sets.
Now for the Mantic news. The Pledge Manager for Kings of War is still being worked on and should be up by the end of the month.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. This week's greens from their Half-Orc Adventurers KickStarter were a Half-Orc Mechanist.
Now for the Conan from Monolith Board Games LLC news. The Pledge Manager should hopefully be up in the middle of March.
Next is the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics, there was a massage sent by e-mail (but not on KickStarter) saying that European backers must have any address changes done Monday (just been). The wave one rewards for backers in Europe will be arriving in the UK in about one week (so around about NOW). Sweet! That should hopefully mean that is should start shipping next week or the week after. After all this beeping wait we should FINALLY have wave one in the UK soon.
Now for the Exploding Kittens KickStarter news. (UPDATED now) The KickStarter has tonight and it made $8,782,751 with 219,382 backers, making it the currently at first place in the top twenty non–computer game KickStarters by over double the second place one. It is the biggest gaming KickStarter ever and the third biggest KickStarter in history. During the week they unlocked another two goals. The first one is something that they are keeping under wraps that will be added to both decks. The second one is that the basic games have been upgraded from 2-4 players to 2-5 players. I have also finally backed it at "The NSFW Deck" level, so I will own a piece of KickStarter history.
Next is the Ghostbusters the board game news. Since last week’s post they managed to smash stretch goals and new add-on, which were: A KickStarter exclusive Gozer ghost were added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels; four KickStarter exclusive double sided Shandor Building tiles were added to the Mass Hysteria Pledge level and as an add-on; a KickStarter exclusive Janine Melnitz was added the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels as well as rules for five (and more) players; a set of five KickStarter exclusive Zombie Taxi Drivers as an add-on; and a KickStarter exclusive ghost Samhain were added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels
The currently Stretch Goals that were still going as I post this was: A KickStarter exclusive Grey Lady ghost will be added to the Paranormal and Mass Hysteria Pledge levels at $650k.
Now for the Dragon Tides news. Both the characters Oscar Kass and Rabid Skunk have been unlock though the Pledge Manager. On A personal note I have finally filled on mine during the weekend.
Next is the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. They have confirmed that the scenery pieces will be shipping in the first wave. Also the hard test copies of the card stuff arrived to them from China just before the start of Chinese New Year. They with be check them like mad during the holidays and then have the factory do any changes that are need or have them place into full production just as in reopens after the holidays. Due not the length of the holiday (fifteen days) and the fact that they have stuff still to product, pack and ship from China to the USA, there is no way it will be ready to ship to backers by March. It will more likely be April/May time.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. In was revealed during the weekend that they are working on another set of Paranormal Exterminators (Not Ghostbusters) figures that should be release in March. I might pick up both sets a Salute.
Lastly due to how much Beasts of War talk about them, I am going to be report Wild West Exodus Unfinished Business that will be starting on the 1st of March. This is the second KickStarter for the game and they plan on introducing four new factions to the game. There will be six pledge levels and they have planned all the Stretch Goals up to $1m.
Here is the first ten the planned Stretch Goals (the list is far too long to list now, but I have included the image of the stretch): Initial funding of the four new factions at $65k; free sidekicks added to all bundles at $75k; the Golden Army Boss Poncho Villa at $85k; the Dark Nation Underboss Avonaco at $95k; the Watchers Light Support Scarab at $105k; the Confederate Rebellion Boss Quantrill at $115k; free underboss added to all bundles at $125k; the Confederate Rebellion Underboss Marie Laveua and Nazombie at $135k; new models for all six original factions at $150k; and the Confederate Rebellion Light Support Blackhoof at $160k.
Will I be backing this? Most likely just for $1 for updates as I do not know of anybody at Wargames Workshop MK (or even at York House) that plays or own the game.
Also to celebrate the start of the second KickStarter for Wild West Exodus, Beasts of War are doing a Wild West Exodus week next week.
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) and the physical copy of the “Mekton Zero” rulebook (March 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping, but I feeling that they will be sometime in 2015.
· “Wild West Exodus: Unfinished Business” KickStarter should start on the 1st of March 2015.
· “Ghostbusters the board game” KickStarter should end on the 12th of March 2015.
· “StarCrawlers” (November 2014) Episode One is listed to be done and out by, plus the digital copy of “Mekton Zero” rulebook (December 2013), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Zombicide Season Three” (February 2015), the physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013), “Guild Ball” (December 2014) and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” for Europe and Australia and the rest of the world (Dec 2013) should be shipping in March 2015.
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) should ship in April/May 2015.
· Both “Half-Orc Adventures” and the PDFs for “Paranoia” should ship in May 2015.
· “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Paranoia” and “Slaughterball” should ship in June 2015.
· “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, Demigods Rising”, “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· Both “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) should ship in August 2015.
· “Dragon Tide” should ship in September 2015.
· Both “Conan” and “Ghostbusters” should ship in October 2015.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 21st of February 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Thursday the 26th of February 2015, there should be HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. It will be a ?.
· On Saturday the 7th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. This event is sold out.
· On Sunday the 8th of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 14th of March there will be a RPG and board game event in Milton Keynes, called Concrete Cow. It will be happening at The Old Bath House in Wolverton.
· On Saturday the 21st of March 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 4th of April 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· Saturday the 25th of April will be Salute 2015. It is being held in the London Excel Centre and this year's theme is Agincourt.
· On Sunday 3rd of May at Jury’s Inn Milton Keynes, there is a Malifaux event called Cow Wars 2: The Attack of the Freisans.
· The weekend of the 9th and 10th of May will be Campaign. Yes It Is back from a one year break and will be back in the Centre MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you a three Z'zor players, two Zee players, two Nameless players and an Asterian player.
|This post's figures front view. Opps! I forgot to do the rear picture|
|All but one of my Z'zors|
The next post should be another Asterian Player, Kallen, an Enforcer Sergeant and Enforcer Sergeant Howlett.
During the week have not done much at bit of work on several DreadBall Xtreme figures and on Shen, as well as a ton of undercoating BattleZone terrain.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.