MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Neoscream Life: 18th to 24th January 2016

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. OK I finally have new theme for the opening pictures, Monsters of Kingdom Death. First one is the White Lion.



"Life"

The eczema on my face has cleared up after a couple of days other than that nit much happened last week. As I never gotten around to arrange a game for Monday, I decided to have break. However I did go to Wargames Workshop MK on Saturday for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament and order tickets for me and Richard to see Foxes at the Round House on March 4rd.
This week is FINALLY the start of the refit at hell work. Only the drive-thru will be operating and according to the re-fitters the refit will take three weeks (which personal I dealt with experience from another stores refit). My shifts will be reduced from five/six days a week (normally six) to four days a week during the refit. However I will be paid the two weeks of holiday I still have left during this time to make up for the loss of hours. So sadly I can not use it to go away. C'est la vie.



"HeroClix"

Like normal on a Thursday night, I went to York House for HeroClix. The Scenario this time was: "No More Mutants!" Having been driven mad by realising her children never existed, Scarlet Witch has used her Hex to de-power all mutants. 500 points. Any hero who get their power from being a mutant have -1 to all combat values and all there powers are outwitted.
I went for a Dark Avengers themed team who were:

Moonstone (031a Marvel Avengers Assemble) 126 + Dark Avengers (ATA) 4 = 130
Superia (032 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 140 + Dark Avengers (ATA) 4 = 144
104 AVAS048 Trick Shot (048 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 104 + Dark Avengers (ATA) 4 = 108
Bullseye (042 Marvel Web of Spider-Man) 117 + Dark Avengers (ATA) 4 = 121
=503 points

The first round I was up against Michael who was using a Guardians of the Galaxy theme team who were:

Gamora (001 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy comics) 55
Star-Lord (001 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy movie) 95
Groot (051 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy comics) 100
Adam Warlock (001 Marvel Infinity Gauntlet) 250
=500 points

Ok technically this was not theme as Darren S grabbed the wrong figure for Michael, however as it was Darren S's mistake and not Michael's, Darren S yet it be a themed team. I managed to win this game. Also Adrian won his game against Darren S. On the second round I was up against Adrian who was using a Red Lantern Corps themed team who were:

Red Lantern Recruit (002 DC War of Light) 50
Laira (020a DC War of Light) 90
Atrocitus (112 DC War of Light) 160
Superboy Prime (057b DC War of Light) 190
=490 points

The Red Lanterns were very powerful and I ended up losing the game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. On the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using a Wonders of the World themed team who were:

Batman (003 DC Superman and Wonder Woman) 60 + Wonders of the World (ATA) 5 = 65
Huntress (010 DC Superman and Wonder Woman) 60 + Wonders of the World (ATA) 5 = 65
Power Girl (011 DC Superman and Wonder Woman) 140 + Wonders of the World (ATA) 5 = 145
Superman II (001 DC Superman and Wonder Woman Fast Forces) 120 + Wonders of the World (ATA) 5 = 125
Green Lantern (003 DC Superman and Wonder Woman Fast Forces) 95 + Wonders of the World (ATA) 5 = 100
=500 points

Sadly like normal against Darren S, I lost the game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. Over all the Red Lanterns over powered us all.
This week's scenario will be "The UnAmericans". 500 point, only a third (in figures not points) of your team can be American (USA) Superheroes. Just for the record Superman and Supergirl are from Krypton but are considered American (Clark/Kara are USA Citizen) so would count as American.



"Cardfight Vanguard Tournament"

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. There were two tournaments being run. An extreme format one and a Sneak Peek for the new set coming this Friday, G-BT05 "Moonlit Dragonfang". At first I did not know which one to do. I wanted to try out my new Dimensional Robo deck, however the Stride side needed a ton of work done to it (I needed to get more "Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon" and "99th-gen Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth"). Also I wanted to do draft, however I do not run or to run any of the clans. I decided to go with the Sneak Peek as I like the idea of the format and I can use the rare cards as trades for what I need.
In the draft I got some interesting cards and my deck ended up being:

Grade 4
Fiery March Colossus
Dragon Destroyer Battle Deity, Kamusunoo
One Who Views the Planet, Globe Magus
Grade 3
Blitz-spear Dragoon
Mirror-world Lion
Fullsmilr Wyvern
Metalglider Dragon
Flip Croony x2
Grade 2
Tankman Mode Interrupt
Rigid Crane
Hellsgate Magician
Nightmare Doll, Ginny
Foot Brawler, Teiroc x2
Grade 1
Battle Sister, Tally
Sacrifice Messiah
Steam Fighter, Ur-zaba
Gear Bat of Recasting
Fire Ring Wyvern x2
Grade 0
Dreaming Bicorn (Starter)
Steam Scara, Merkar
Lighting of Triumphant Returns, Reseph (Critical)
Paradox-cannon Dracoked (Critical)
Brawler, Streetfight Dragon (Critical)
Triangle Magus (Draw)
Prankster Girl of Mirrorland (Stand)
Battle Sister Muffin (Critical) x2

Oh and Liam pulled the god pack. With it I won all three rounds. Making me the winner of the Sneak Peek. After the Sneak Peek I got a game against the Liam with my new Dimensional Robo deck. He was using him Spike Brothers deck. Sadly I lost, but that was due to bad luck than anything. However I traded the "One Who Views the Planet, Globe Magus" with Shell for a second "99th-gen Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth". I also made other trades to improve my Touken Ranbu deck. Overall a really enjoyable day.
Also on the next day I won two more copies of "Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon" which gets the Stride side more competitive. So I am ready for the next tournament which will be the 13th of February.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all Matlal Deepwars by AntiMatter Games.


On Friday's post I should have for you all Guardian Alpha. During the week I managed to finish paining one figure sadly, however I have been building some treasure tokens for Frostgrave. Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.


Oh and here is a picture of the treasure tokens I am building.





“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: Episodes 16 to 20 of Fairy Tail


Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Brought: Two packs of card sleeves for my Dimensional Police decks.

Wednesday
Watched: Episode 2 of Luck and Logic. 

Thursday
Nothing.

Friday
Brought and Received: Bits to build Treasurer tokens for Frostgrave and maybe Scheme markers .

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, that week’s episode of Weekender’s and episode 8 of Cardfight Vanguard G GIRS Crisis. 
Brought and Received: Six boosters of Cardfight Vanguard G-BT05 "Moonlit Dragonfang" for the Sneak Peek and a pot of paint.
Brought: Two tickets for Foxes at the Round House and her second album "All I Need". 

Sunday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS and episode 3 of Luck and Logic.
eBay: Won two copies of "Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon".

Still in the post or soon be should
Last Saga bits.
Black Friday Kingdom Death stuff.
Tickets to see Foxes.
Foxes second album "All I Need".
January's Loot Crate.

Dragon Tide. 
Mechabrick.
Slaughterball team.
Two copies of "Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon".
Mecha Based Card Sleeves. 


Until next time, enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment