MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Neoscream Life New Year Special: Boxing Day 2015 to 3rd January 2016

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. The current opening pictures are of Cardfight Vanguard clans. This week is Touken Ranbu who belongs to no nation.



"Life"

On Sunday the 27th of December 2015, I, Darren H, Roxy and Jake were planning to watch Star Wars The Force Awakens. I even pre-ordered tickets the day before. However Jake cancelled on us a couple of hours before the film. We struggled to find/think of someone to replace him, but luckily my mum ended up taking has place. The film was great and I do plan on re seeing it again with Seyed, however *SPOILERS* it is basically a remake of the original Star Wars film *SPOILERS*. Oh and we beeped into Darren S and his family who were watching the film too.
On Tuesday 29th of December 2015, I went to Darren H's after work and meet up with him, Simon, Richard and Lisa there. It was meant to be a thing, but due to problems with work I could not do all day. We (not including Lisa) played Kingdom Death Monster. Due to time we only had time for one lantern year. We went up against a level one White Lion and we all survived. However it was the events during the Settlement phase that did some damage to us.
On New Year’s Eve I went to MK11 (a place in Kiln Farm) with Richard. It was an enjoyable night out, but I do wish more of us had came out to celebrate New Year with us.
During the time there was no Heroclix or gaming at Wargames Workshop MK due to the holiday period.



"Life 2015"

First off, the gaming side of things during 2015. Sadly Guardians of Tyr stopped running the DreadBall tournaments. I have started playing Cardfight Vanguard and Maliflux. I finally got Kingdom Death Monster after almost two years of waiting (three for those who backed in original on KickStarter) and it is a really awesome game. I am still doing terrible with Warmachine in tournaments, however there is a little improvement. Sadly I never got a game of DreadBall (normal and Xtreme) or that many games of Zombicide in during 2015.
In 2016 I am hoping to get into Frostgrave and play more Kingdom Death Monster, Cardfight Vanguard, Maliflux, Arcadia Quest and hopefully Zombicide

Next is Anime. In 2014 I sadly did not get to watch much Anime, but in 2015 thanks to Cardfight Vanguard, I got back into it. The shows I have finished watching there:

  • Mobile Suit Gundam Build Fighters Try
  • Attack on Titan
  • Knights of Sidonia (both seasons)
  • Sword Art Online (both seasons)
  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Space Dandy
  • Cardfight Vanguard (original seasons, but not Legion Mate as it was never dubbed)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins

The shows I am currently watching are Cardfight Vanguard G and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
In 2016 I am hoping to get back into the Shonen Jump shows like Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, One Piece and Dragon Ball Super.

Then there is films. During the summer (or maybe just before hand, I and a work colleague started going to the cinema on Wednesdays, or at least try to. We even signed up for Cineworld Unlimited cards too. During the year I sure several films that I sadly would not have see normally like the Martian, Ted 2 and Minions.


Well with that done let us more on to the more difficult side off things. I started the year very depressed over things I sadly can not write about any more. Sadly it led to me stopping writing the "Life" section in these posts from several months.
There was a bit of chaos at Valentine's Day which I would like to talk about, but should not.
I have tried a on-line dating website, but it was a flop. Too many fake accounts or inactive accounts, and no one seems to reply to messages.
Something happened at work that made life easier again at work, but again I will not be saying what sadly.
Next thing is a hard one for what I should and should not say. During the middle of the year I did manage to move on from the Cute Kutti, I developed a huge crush on a girl I know on-line known as Bowtie88. I really liked her, however my feelings for the Cute Kutti turned to hatred which I truly hated. I hated how I hated the Cute Kutti as it was pure hatred. Sadly Bowtie88 disappeared with out a word and I have no clue on what truly happened. I do worry about her, however I cannot really do anything about it. Especially when I do not know her real name. This led to my none hateful feelings for the Cute Kutti to return.
At one point of time I thought I was free from the Cute Kutti, as she was meant to leave for a different job. However it lasted lease than a month as she found it boring and she never really left as she  still worked to us for about two weekday evenings a week.
Recently some other stuff have happened that I cannot really talk about, but really what too. However I will say that I am really pissed off with a a certain person. Like I said I would love to talk about it, however I really cannot.

With New Year's resolutions, I cannot think of anything that I have thought of passed years at sadly NEVER happen.
First off there is "Get a new job". I have been stuck with Burger King for blood sixteen year now and I still cannot fine a job. Hopefully 2016 "might" change as I have applied for a job at Wargames Workshop MK. Sadly knowing my luck in life I will not get it, but I will not give up hoping and trying for the job.
Second is "Get a Girlfriend". I am thirty-three, still never had a girlfriend. The dating site I have tried turn out to be a flop. I will have to try another one. However the emotional scares the Kutti has coursed, plus the heart break with Bowtie88 disappearing without a work, has really destroyed my self confidence.
Lastly (and sorry about the language I am about to use) "Get Over That Fucking Bitch". It has been over a year and I still cannot fucking get over her. I think the main problem is that she works at the same place where she always get mentioned, even when she is not there. We cannot get rid of her and I cannot seem to be able to get a different job. Hopefully I will get the job at Wargames Workshop MK. Getting a girlfriend would probably work. There is more I would like to talk about on this, but sadly I cannot.



"Loot Crate"

On New Year's Eve I received December's Loot Crate. The theme was Galaxy time time. It was to celebrate the release of the new Start Wars film. In it were:

An Ugly Holiday Sweater T-Shirt (sweet more Christmas clothing)
A Han Solo in Snow Gear POP (Pop figures are always good)
A GalaxyQuest Authentic Prop Replica Patch (I have never seen the film, yet)
A pair of BB-8 Socks (Cool, however I bet they are the one size fits all which are hard to put on and off my feet)
A Halo 5 Ammo Tin Box (I am using this to store my Cartdfight Vanguard decks)
A Halo 5: Guardians Req Pack (I do not have Halo 5 or own an Xbox One so this is sadly worthless to me)
And the monthly badge and mag


Overall an awesome crate. Personal I would have preferred a Star Trek or Star Wars patch than a GalaxyQuest one, but that is just my opinion.
January's theme will be Invasion.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all the other three starting Survivors from Kingdom Death Monster.


On Friday's post I should have for you all the White Lion from Kingdom Death Monster and another of Greygore Boomhowler’s Trolls from Warmachine. During the week I managed to finish paining two more Guild Ball figure and one other figure. Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”


Boxing Day
Watched: Episodes 13 to 18 of The Seven Deadly Sins and the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Sunday 27th of December 2015
Watched: Star Wars episode 7 and episodes 19 to 24 of The Seven Deadly Sins
Received: The Transformers Drift graphic novel from Darren H as a Christmas gift. 

Monday 28th of December 2015
Watched: Episodes 14 to 20 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. 
Brought: Frostgrave Thaw of the Lich Lord. 


Tuesday 29th of December 2015
Give: Simon his and his family Christmas presents. 

Wednesday 30th of December 2015
Watched: Part of that week’s episode of WWE Raw and episodes 21 to 27 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Brought: A Mantic Kings of War/Dungeon Saga spue of Succubi.
Received: A Christmas present from a work colleague. 

New Year's Eve
Watched: The rest of that week’s episode of WWE Raw, that week’s episode of Weekenders and episodes 28 to 34 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. 
Received: December's Loot Crate and my three Demigods Evolution figures. 

New Year's Day 2016
Nothing. 

Saturday 2nd of January 2016
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and episodes 35 to 43 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. 
Brought and Received: The Zombicide Kevin Walker Special Guest Artist box set and an Avengers Age of Ultron calendar at the sales. 

Sunday 3rd of January 2016
Watched: Episodes 44 to 54 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Still in the post or soon be should
Last Saga bits.
Black Friday Kingdom Death stuff.
Frostgrave Thaw of the Lich Lord. 
A Mantic Kings of War/Dungeon Saga spue of Succubi.



Until next time, enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment