MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Neoscream's Life: 11th to 17th of April 2016

Welcome everybody to another the "Neoscream's Life" post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. There is no Kingdom Death opening pictures this week. This was done to make room for pictures from Salute 2016 as I decided to not do a Salute post.



"Life"

On Monday evening I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for another game of Kingdom Death Monster. This time Bob, Adrian and Michael turned up. We hunted down another level one White Lion. It was a slippery bugger, but we managed to kill it in the end without losing anyone or anyone suffering for any major injuries during the Hunt, Showdown or Settlement event. There was not any real Settlement phase other than the Settlement event (which was Dark Trader) as the Butcher turned up. Sadly we did not have the time to fight him on the day. So we have to wait until next time.

On Friday my mum somehow accidentally reversed back into the shed, destroying it. Facepalm. By the look of things the content of the shed is OK, however we cannot safely get into it to double check things properly. Lucky her cat was fine.

On Saturday I went down to London for Salute. It was good time. I got to play a home made table top XCOM Enemy Within game, which was great and they should be e-mailing me the rules. Sweet. I always went ed to play XCOM as a miniatures game, it was the reason I brought the board game. Now I need some suitable alien miniatures.

I also picked up a couple of great bargains at the Troll Trader stand. Dungeon Saga for £30 instead of the £49.99 RRP and the Temple of the Dawn with bonus figures for Malifaux for £24 instead of £32.99 RRP without the bonus figure. Sweet and curse you Troll Trader for making me spend money. LOL.

The only problems I had was I sadly do not see any of the Beast of War crew or Bob all day. I wished at least one of my close friends, Richard, Darren H an Simon could come as it is quite lonely travelling and hang at the conversation on my own. Plus I wish I had more money to spend.

After I got back to Milton Keynes and had dinner at home, I went to the Xscape for some bowling to celebrate a friends birthday. It was a good night.

On Sunday morning before work my mum gave me some terrible next. My Uncle (her brother) had sadly died on Saturday. It was sadly expected to happen. He had been fighting cancer for over a year now. At least he is not suffering any more. He will be missed.



"HeroClix"

On Thursday like normal I went to York House for HeroClix. The scenario this time was "Avengers Assemble". 500 points, must be a Avengers themed team (which includes things like West Cost Avengers). You cannot use characters from the Captain America Civil War film.

My time was:

Echo (010 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 96 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 99
Firebird (011 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 105 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 108
Hellcat (012 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 73 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 76
Justice (014 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 64 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 67
Living Lightning (015 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 80 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 83
Tigra (036 Marvel Chaos War) 57 + Avengers Response Unit (ATA) 3 = 60
=493 points

On the first round I was up against Adrian who use using:

Firebird (011 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 105
Yellowjacket (007 Marvel Age of Ultron event) 85
Wolverine (029 Marvel Chaos War) 90
Dr. Strange (021 Marvel Fear Itself) 145
Iron Fist (007 Marvel Fear Itself) 80
=505 points

Sadly I lost this game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. On the second round I was up against Michael who was using:

Moondragon (029 Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy comics) 85
Thor (038 Marvel Chaos War) 200
Beast (010 Marvel Giant-Size X-Men) 95
Wonder Man (028 Marvel Chaos War) 118
=498 points

I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian. On the third and final round I was up against Darren S who was using:

Jarvis (034 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 40
Abyss (043 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 139
Red Wolf (051 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 80
Venom (034 Marvel Deadpool) 96
Professor X (008 Marvel Avengers verses X-Men) 150
=505 points

Sadly like normal I lost this game. Sorry I cannot remember who won between Adrian and Michael.

This week's scenario will be week three of Countdown to Civil War "There are other movies". 400 points. No figure from Captain America Civil War line-up. Team or characters must have previously appeared/been mentioned in a Superhero movie, TV series, Animated series/movie.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all is another Regult Battlepods from Robotech RPG tactics and an Oiran, the LE Katanaka Sniper and a Samurai from Malifaux.


During the week I managed to finish painting three Kingdom Death Monster figures, four new based and three figures for Warmachine and six ships for the XCOM board game.

In the next "Gaming News from Neoscream" post I should have for you all another Samurai from Malifaux as well as Monkey Queen, Queen of Beggars, King of Thieves and Black Newt from Arcadia Quest.

Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Brought and Received: Six Cardfight Vanguard G boosters of G-BT06 "Transcension of Blade and Blossom".
Received: The Birthday gift for my mum and more folder sleeves for the Kingdom Death Monster gear cards.

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.
Brought: My Salute 2016 ticket.
Received: The Birthday gift for the Headache.

Wednesday
Watched: Episode 3 of Legends of Tomorrow and Halo: The Fall of Reach.

Thursday
Brought: A return train ticket to London for Salute.

Friday
Watched: Episodes 12 of season two of Flash, episodes 1 to 3 (all) of Cyborg 009 verses Devilman, episodes 1 to 6 of Digimon Fusion and Hotel Transylvania.

Saturday
Brought and Received at Salute: Dungeon Saga £30, Temple of the Dawn with free bonus model for Malifaux £24, a set of two resin Lion objects £1, a clear plastic small fire daemon for DnD (to use with HeroClix Pyro) £2 (sadly), Chisel from Guild Ball £9, the Frostgrave treasure tokens £6 and twenty tiny dice to use as cat chokers markers for Malifaux £2.
Received at Salute (freebies): The 2016 Salute miniature, the 2016 Salute magazine, a 2016 Salute dice, two Maelstrom' Edge figures and three Space Marines from Warhammer 40,000 by Games Workshop.

Sunday

Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.

Still in the post or soon be should
Both the Dung Beetle Knight and the Flower Knight expansions for Kingdom Death Monster.
April 2016's Loot Crate.


Until next time, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment