First off we have the Bushiroad news. With Weiß Schwarz, this week sees the release of the "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works volume 2" Booster Set and Meister Set in English and "Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2nd Season" Booster set in Japanese. Also on Friday next week we will see the release of the Power Up set for Idol Master in Japanese.
With Cardfight Vanguard, this sees the release of the second G Start Deck "Knight of the Sun" in both English and Japanese.
Next is the HeroClix news. This week we got previews of: Leatherhead from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; "Sabertooth and Wild Child" and Proteus from Marvel The Uncanny X-Men; and Surfing Batman, Shark and Hawkman conversation exclusive figures.
All of the stretch goals finished.
Next is the Privateer Press news. I have more information on the Battlegroups due to online preorders. First off I was wrong about a couple of things. The Warjacks are the same sculpts and are in their plastic resin but coloured in the faction's base colour. Also not all the warjacks are the same as the old Battlegroups. I made this mistake thinking the Firefly was a new Charger.
Also previews of several state cards have been revealed.
Now for the Cryptozoic news. The Ghostbusters The Board Game 2 KickStarter is still going on, however it is still going slow. Since the last post they managed to unlock: The ghost Bug Eye was added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The Ghostbuster Kylie Griffin will be added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above at $600k.
Next is the Mantic news. Pre-orders for Deadzone second edition is now up. Sadly there is no word if it has officially started to ship to backers yet.
Now for the Odyssey: Argonauts news. The KickStarter has finished now and they have managed to make £6,039 with 88 backers. Since last time they have managed to unlock: A Wrist Mounted Weapons add-on set; a Head and Shoulder plate add-on set; a Head and Shoulder add-on set; a Wrist Blades and Shield add-on set; the Odyssey Scrap-Book(let) as an add-on; the "Argonauts Assemble" pledge level that comes with eight Argonauts, Jason and two of each add-on set; "The Last Stand" KickStarter and Show exclusive damaged Argonaut figure as an add-on; and the Odyssey Scrap-Book(let) was added to "We Three Kings" pledge level and above.
Sadly the stretch goals that they did not make were: The Final add-on set at £70k.
Next is the "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures news. Since the last post they have managed to unlock: All the miniatures will now come with a hand signed premium quality art cards.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: Expanded art budget at $50k; expanded 'Prominent NPCs' section by fifteen pages at $55k; a Male Kaltoran miniature at $60k; GM Screens at $65k; and expanded Science, Technology, Psionics and Factions sections by ten pages at $70k. Please note that this is in Australian dollars, not USA dollars.
Now for a new KickStarter that has hit the internet like a storm, Dark Souls: The Board Game. It is a strategically challenging, deeply immersive combat exploration game for one to four players board game based on the computer game Dark Souls, which Kingdom Death Monster gets compared to all the time. It is being done by the British company Steamforged Games LTD, the people who made Guild Ball. There was a demo of the game at Salute which I missed out on, however a friend of mine did play it and it was quite interesting and really deadly like Kingdom Death Monster. It was funded in just three minutes, made $1m in just under twenty-four hours and 1m backers and £1m in two days. Sadly I have a strong feeling from past game that is the $1m and games based on other properties, this huge successes will be its undoing. There is really only one pledge level, Souls Pledge. This comes with the box game and all stretch goals unless noted otherwise. There is also a retail level too (I do not normally cover retail version).
Since starting they have managed to unlock: Funded; a Pyromancer Player Character; five Dancer Behaviour Cards; a Cleric Player Character; five Executioner Behaviour Cards; a Sorcerer Player Character; a Thief Player Character; five Legendary Weapon Treasure Cards; a Mercenary Player Character; five Lothric Encounter Cards; the Pursuer Boss Model; five Anor Londo Encounter Cards; a Deprived Player Character; ten Item Treasure Cards; three Firebomb Hollows figures; three Dancer Heat Up Cards; five Gravestone 3D terrain tokens; three Executioner Damaged Cards; three Silver Knight Lancers figures; the Sir Alonne Boss Model; four Barrel 3D terrain tokens; the Bonfire 3D terrain token; four Treasure Chest 3D terrain tokens; four Large Barrel 3D terrain tokens; Spin Dials for Core Game Mini Bosses; the Smelter Demon Boss Model; five Smelter Demon Behaviour Cards; three Alonne Sword Knight figures; give Legendary Weapon Treasure Cards; three Ironclad Soldiers figures; five Spell Equipment Cards; five Iron Keep Encounter Cards; three Alonne Katana Bow Knights figures; the Gaping Dragon expansion as an add-on; the Black Dragon Kalameet expansion as an add-on; the Guardian Dragon expansion as an add-on; five Invader AI Cards; three Smelter Demon Damaged Cards; Trap Cards; Spin Dials for the Pursuer, Sir Alonne and Smelter Demon; two Mimics figures; two Crystal Lizards; the Last Giant boss expansion for retailers; the Manus, Father of the Abyss boss expansion for retailers; the Four Kings boss expansion as an add-on; the Black Iron set player character; five The Pursuer Behaviour Cards; five Winged Knight Behaviour Cards; the Adventurer set player character; and five Gargoyle Behaviour Cards.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: Executioner's Chariot boss expansion for retailers 200 Retail Backers; and an un-revealed armour set player character at £1.2m.
I have only back this at £1 to get the updates. However if I have the money, room and time for another game, I would be backing this at "Souls Pledge".
Lastly there is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. All the sculpting for their Halfling Adventurers Miniatures KickStarter are now completed. Casting based on the past will take about a month and shipping should be starting mid to late May. Backers all receive a survey next week.
- Wave four of Kingdom Death Monster (December 2013), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave three of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Paranoia” (June 2015), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Zero Agents” (December 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013) and wave two of the “Infinity RPG” (July 2016) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
- “Deadzone Infestation” (January 2016), “Dragon Tide” (September 2015), “Slaughterball” (June 2015) and “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) are all currently shipping.
- The "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" KickStarter will be ending on the 7th of May 2016.
- The "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" KickStarter will be ending on the 9th of May 2016.
- The "Dark Souls: The Board Game" KickStarter will be ending on the 16th of May 2016.
- “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” (January 2016), "Warbears and Stagriders, Fantasy Wargames Miniatures" (March 2016) and "Mechabrick Upgraded" (March 2016) should be shipping in May 2016.
- Wave one of the “Conan” board game (February 2016), “Myth Journeyman”, "Dropfleet Commander", "Arcadia Quest Inferno" and wave two of "Zombicide Black Plague" (December 2015) should ship in June 2016.
- "The Others: 7 Sins" (March 2016), “Demigods Rising” (July 2015), wave one of the “Infinity RPG” (February 2016), “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain”, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past" and "Odyssey Argonauts" should ship in July 2016.
- Wave one of "The Walking Dead All Out War" should be shipping in August 2016.
- Wave two of the “Conan” board game should ship between July and September 2016.
- Both “Warpath” and the PDFs for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in September 2016.
- Both wave three of the “Infinity RPG” and "Rail Raiders Infinite" should ship in October 2016.
- Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014) should ship some time between October and December 2016.
- "Masmorra: Dungeon of Arcadia" should ship in November 2016.
- “Super Dungeon Explore: Legends” should ship in December 2016.
- "Widower's Wood" should ship in January 2017.
- The physical stuff for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in February 2017.
- "Dark Souls: The Board Game" should ship in April 2017.
- "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" should ship in May 2017.
"Up and coming Events"
- Every Monday (except Bank Holidays) night at Wargames Workshop MK is there Wargames and Boardgamers night.
- Every Thursday night Milton Keynes Wargames Society holds a gaming night at York House in Stony Stratford.
- On Sunday the 24th of April 2016 (it was always on the Sunday, I was the one that posted the wrong day), there will be a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Please check the "Card Circuit" Facebook group for details.
- On Saturday the 30th of April it will be International TableTop Day.
- On Sunday the 1st of May 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Jury's Inn MK. There will also be a Maliflaux tournament there too knownot as "Cow Wars".
- On Monday the 2nd of May 2016 (note this might change to the 9th due to the bank holiday), will be the fourth part of the Frostgrave campaign being played at Wargames Workshop MK. We will be meeting up once a month on the first Monday of the month for ten months. For details please check the "Frostgrave: The Beginning" Facebook group.
- On Saturday 7th to Sunday 8th of May 2016, Campaign will be happening at the Centre MK.
- On Sunday 15th of May 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton. (this might be the last 2nd edition tournament in Northampton).
- On Saturday the 18th of June 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. (this will be the last 2nd edition tournament in Milton Keynes).
Wargames Workshop MK has a £3 gaming fee or £3.50 for tournaments that do not already have a charge.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they normally only take the yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM for us gamers, but normally people start arrived 15 minutes early to grab tables.
"Painting and Converting"
This time I have for you all another Samurai from Malifaux as well as Monkey Queen, Queen of Beggars, King of Thieves and Black Newt from Arcadia Quest.
On Tuesday's post I should have for you all both versions of Uncle Honk from Zombicide.
Until next time, enjoy life.