First off we have the Bushiroad news. With Weiß Schwarz, next Friday will see the release of the "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works volume 2" Booster Set and Meister Set in English and "Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2nd Season" Booster set in Japanese.
With Cardfight Vanguard, next Friday will see the release of the second G Start Deck "Knight of the Sun" in both English and Japanese. To my knowledge this will be the first time something is released in both English and Japanese at the same time. I think the new starter sets are a English thing and as the game in Japanese, a Japanese version was rushed out (as a cheap Trial deck then a Starter deck). Shame they cannot to world wide releases for all the sets.
Now for the Ninja Division news. Their new KickStarter, Rail Raiders Infinite, is still going. Since the last post they managed to unlock: Double the number of Lawbots and the downloadable scenario "Shadows of the Star Express" was added to the Space Cowboy pledge; the raider El 'Cola was be added to the Space Cowboy pledge; a second sculpt for the Lawbot Cavalries; the raider Jr Dallas was added to the Space Cowboy pledge level; a set of plastic Double Dollar tokens were added to the Space Cowboy pledge level; the Old Tyme Religion expansion as an add-on; and two Lawbot Cavalry Captains and three Lawbot Cavalry Soldiers will be added to the Space Cowboy pledge level.
It will be finishing on next Friday so let us see what they can unlock between now and then.
On other Ninja Division news, we got images of the SDF-1, Armored Valkyrie and YF-4 prototypes which they had at AdeptiCon for wave two of RoboTech RPG Tactics.
Next is the Privateer Press news. Their have revealed that they have been working on a third edition of both Warmachine and Hordes. The new edition of their games will be released at their event, "Lock and Loaded" that happens in June and also general release to retail stores late June early July. This will be a massive update to the games which will change a lot the mechanics. There will be used stat cards all the units and the way that Focus and Fury works is changing also the infants Tucson battlegroups is increasing as soon as I've always wanted to see large battlegroups. Units will be roughly doubling in points costs and the didcound Warlocks and Warlocks have to their battlegroup should be increasing from about six points to about twenty-one points. In theory this will basically cover all the Warjacks/Warbeasts in a Battlegroup box box set so that a battle group box will be zero points. The rules are meant to be easier for new players to get into. In the initial wave of releases we should be getting new rulebooks for both games, new Battlegroups for all or just the main factions and new card decks which will contain new unit cards that will replace the current cards like what they did when second edition was released.
Now for the IDW games news. The pledge manager for their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles board game is now online.
Next is the Cryptozoic news. The Ghostbusters The Board Game 2 has hit KickStarter and it was funded in two hours. They are two main pledge levels. The first being "Ghostbuster" which comes with just the game. The Second was "Proton Slinger" which comes with the game in a deluxe box, the Tully expansions and Glow in the Dark Ecton dice.
Since it started they have managed to unlock: The game was funded; the Lady Liberty vehicle was added to the Ghostbuster pledge level and above; the ghosts Brain Matter, Soar Throat and X-Cop were added to the Ghostbuster pledge level and above; the ghost The Grindel was added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above; the Ghostbusters Garrett Miller and Roland Jackson was added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above; and the Roylance Guide box and five new equipment cards were added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The ghost Bug Eye will be added to the Proton Slinger pledge level and above at $550k.
I have only backed this at $1 to receive the updates.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. The production of the second wave of Zombicide Black Plague is finished and now they are waiting to ship the containers to the warehouses.
Next is the Mantic news. Shipment of Deadzone Infestation should be starting in the middle of next week.
Lastly there is two KickStarters I have backed that I want to advertise here. First is "Odyssey: Argonauts". This is a KickStarter to add Argonaut figures to Odyssey's range of figures and to add opinions for them. Odyssey is a range of resin Greek mythology meets sci-fi figures. At least year's Salute I brought one of their old figures that was on clearance. The figure was Cirae and was a highlight in the goods I brought at Salute. Sadly I have not painted her up yet.
There are three main pledge levels. The first being "The Argonaut" which is just one Argonaut. The second is "We Three Kings" which is three Argonauts of your choice. And the third one is "Jason and the Argonauts" which comes with four Argonauts and their new Jason of Iolcos figure.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: A wrist mounted weapons add-on set at £4.3k; and a Head and Shoulder plate add-on set at £4.6k.
I have backed this KickStarter at "We Three Kings" level. It will be finishing on Thursday so let us see what they can unlock between now and then.
The other KickStarter was "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures". This is a expansion to the Fragged Empire role-play game. I have only backed this for a couple of the figures and not the game. From my experience role-play games on KickStarter are a total nightmare (Mekton Zero and Paranoia).
Since starting they have managed to unlock: Funded; and Expanded 'Locations' section by fifteen pages.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: All the miniatures will come with a hand signed, premium quality art-card at $47.5k; expanded 'Prominent NPCs' section by fifteen pages at $55k; a Male Kaltoran miniature at $62.5k; and expanded Science, Technology, Psionics and Factions sections by ten pages at $70k. Please note that this is in Australian dollars, not USA dollars.
- Wave four of Kingdom Death Monster (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), “Paranoia” (June 2015), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Zero Agents” (December 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013) and wave two of the “Infinity RPG” (July 2016) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
- “Dragon Tide” (September 2015), “Slaughterball” (June 2015) and “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) are all currently shipping.
- “Deadzone Infestation” (January 2016), "Warbears and Stagriders, Fantasy Wargames Miniatures" (March 2016) and "The Others: 7 Sins" (March 2016) should be shipping this month.
- The "Odyssey Argonauts" should be ending on the 21st of April 2016.
- The "Rail Raiders Infinite" KickStarter should be ending on the 22nd of April 2016.
- “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” (January 2016) should be shipping in late April to May.
- The "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" KickStarter will be ending on the 7th of May 2016.
- The "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" KickStarter will be ending on the 9th of May 2016.
- "Mechabrick Upgraded" (March 2016) should be shipping in May 2016.
- Wave one of the “Conan” board game (February 2016), “Myth Journeyman”, "Dropfleet Commander", "Arcadia Quest Inferno" and wave two of "Zombicide Black Plague" (December 2015) should ship in June 2016.
- “Demigods Rising” (July 2015), wave one of the “Infinity RPG” (February 2016), “Battle System’s Urban Post Apocalypse Terrain”, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past" and "Odyssey Argonauts" should ship in July 2016.
- Wave one of "The Walking Dead All Out War" should be shipping in August 2016.
- Wave two of the “Conan” board game should ship between July and September 2016.
- Both “Warpath” and the PDFs for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in September 2016.
- Both wave three of the “Infinity RPG” and "Rail Raiders Infinite" should ship in October 2016.
- "Masmorra: Dungeon of Arcadia" should ship in November 2016.
- “Super Dungeon Explore: Legends” should ship in December 2016.
- "Widower's Wood" should ship in January 2017.
- The physical stuff for "Fragged Empire RPG: Protagonist Archive and Miniatures" should ship in February 2017.
- "Ghostbusters The Board Game 2" should ship in May 2017.
"Up and coming Events"
- Every Monday (except Bank Holidays) night at Wargames Workshop MK is there Wargames and Boardgamers night.
- Every Thursday night Milton Keynes Wargames Society holds a gaming night at York House in Stony Stratford.
- On Saturday 16th of April 2016, Salute will be happening at the ExCel London. This year's theme is Steam Punk.
- On Sunday 17th of April 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Netrunner tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Sunday the 17th of April 2016, there will be a Weiß Schwarz Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Please check the "Card Circuit" Facebook group for details.
- On Saturday the 23rd of April 2016, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Please check the "Card Circuit" Facebook group for details.
- On Saturday the 30th of April it will be International TableTop Day.
- On Sunday the 1st of May 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Jury's Inn MK. There will also be a Maliflaux tournament there too knownot as "Cow Wars".
- On Monday the 2nd of May 2016, will be the fourth part of the Frostgrave campaign being played at Wargames Workshop MK. We will be meeting up once a month on the first Monday of the month for ten months. For details please check the "Frostgrave: The Beginning" Facebook group.
- On Saturday 7th to 8th of May 2016, Campaign will be happening at the Centre MK.
- On Sunday 15th of May 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
- On Saturday the 18th of June 2016, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. (I am guessing this will be the last 2nd edition tournament in Milton Keynes).
Wargames Workshop MK has a £3 gaming fee or £3.50 for tournaments that do not already have a charge.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless you are a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they normally only take the yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM for us gamers, but normally people start arrived 15 minutes early to grab tables.
"Painting and Converting"
This time I have for you all the other Owebear and the Warhound from my Frostgrave and two Regult Battlepods from Robotech RPG tactics.
On Tuesday's post I should have for you all another Regult Battlepods from Robotech RPG tactics and an Oiran, the LE Katanaka Sniper and a Samurai from Malifaux.
Until next time, enjoy life.