MK HeroClix House Rules

Friday 20 January 2017

Neoscream's Painting Table - Doctor Who and Guild Ball January 2017

Hi everyone and welcome to another "Neoscream's Painting Table". This week I have for you all a Guild Ball miniature and several Doctor Who based miniatures. The Doctor Who based miniatures are from several sources. Please note that these are NOT official Doctor Who miniatures from Crooked Dice Games and Heresy Miniatures. However, both Warlord Games and Gale Force Nine will be releasing officially miniatures with games to play them with some time this year.


On Saturday last week, I went to Simon's with Richard and Darren from a game of Kingdom Death Monster. My stuff was a lot more organised now as I have brought a custom insert for the box and a second folder to tidy up campaigns and loss bit. We finished off the Settlement phase which we had not done the session before due to the length of time it took fighting the King's Hand. We decided to face the Gorm. Luckily we had Songs of the Brave so we can cancel the evil Gorm Climate event from triggering. We went for a Level two as in power levels it is on the same level as the White Lion and we are really too powerful for level one. We did quite well. We sadly did not get around to do a full Settlement phase as we have a Nemesis event against a level two Lion Knight to deal with which wended did not have the time to deal with then. So he will have to wait until the next game this group does.

On Sunday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. This time to spice things up we are playing with no G-Zone. I used a deck that is new to the blog, but one that I have been using a lot lately, Double Legend Celestial Angel Feather. They do not use Strides normally so are ideal for this format, but sadly some of the triggers do have GB1 abilities sadly. I am enjoying the deck, but I do have a speed problem with it. Especially at the start of tournaments. We played five round swiss with a top four knockout afterward. I won two of the five rounds and shockingly managed to make it to the top four cut off. Sadly I lost the first game of the knockout and I ended up in fourth. However, it was good fun and I did do well somehow. With coming fourth I managed to win two booster packs of GBT-09.

Also on Monday, I went down to Wargames Workshop MK to play a game of Kingdom Death Monster with Bob, Adrian, and Michael. In this campaign, we were up against a Level one Lion Knight. (Yes he is getting about.) We lost the fight with the Lion Knight killed both Adrian's and Bob's characters and my character ended up retiring due to a kiss from one of his retinue. Damn it! And the beeping Lion Knight was on his last wound.

During the week I managed to get several more lantern year's done on my solo Kingdom Death Monster campaign as I was off work this week. During the week I have fought four more level one Gorms and a Flower Knight. I have defeated them all with almost no worries. However, I am suffering from too much Murder events popping up. Killing my most experienced survivors. Both my best survivors Louisa and Sky have both been kill due to it. On a good bit of news, my settlement is breeding like rabbits.

On Thursday I went down to York House in Stony Stratford for some games of HeroClix with Darren S, Michael and Adrian. This week's scenario was 400 points, villains teams only, characters with the Scientist keyword gains Mastermind. I decided to use a Brotherhood of Mutants themed team who were:

Vanisher (018 Marvel Uncanny X-Men) 40
Pyro (006 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 90
Destiny (011 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 50
Mystique (018 Marvel X-Men Days of Future Past) 82
Magneto (037a Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 65
Blob (033 Marvel Giant Size X-Men) 76

I only won one of the three games, but one of the losses was a very close game. The next scenario for HeroClix will be 500 points, villain teams only, no characters on anything bigger than a peanut base.

Up and coming games planned are Mansions of Madness with Bob on Monday at Wargames Workshop MK and HeroClix hopefully on Thursday. Oh, and next week’s post theme will be the first of two DreadBall posts.

Until all are one with the Lantern-Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment