|Berserker Lord Sveri Egilax riding Helbrock|
Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the Mantic news. No two pages of news from Mantic this week. Week got an image of Berserker Lord Sveri Egilax rides into battle on the mighty Helbrock, a new Dwarf character for Kings of War. Mantic will be moving office soon. Sunday is the last day of the wave two survey for Deadzone.
Next is the HeroClix news. This week there was just one preview which was Cannon Soldier from Yu-Gi-Oh Series One.
Now for the Guild Ball news. On the last twenty-four hours of the KickStarter they managed to unlocked: An additional Mason Guild character called Shovel as an add-on; The Union members Hemlocke; and Commemorative t-shirt and pins at £100k.
Sadly the stretch goals that were never made were: A Guild Ball Vassal Module Created at £125k.
They made £93,691 and got 890 backers over the course of the KickStarter plus £10k from other due to per payments. I went for the One Team level which I was planning on going for the Mason Guild plus the Union member Snakeskin and I have pledged extra for Shovel. However they have revealed that there will be another Guild available though the survey that they plan on sending out this week, an Engineer Guild.
During the week the website and forums for Guild Ball went on line.
Next is the Ninja Division news. Yes I am combing the new Super Dungeon Explore and RoboTech RPG Tactics together. A very odd combo. I will laugh if they do a chibi Valkyrie for Super Dungeon Explore. Now for the news from the Super Dungeon Explorer Forgotten King KickStarter. Here is a re-look of what the Always Super level was like at the end of the last post:
Always Super – The new Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King box set now with six pet models; updated Decks for the original and the two expansion packs; the Hero Brave-Mode Candy and her pet Never-Lost Cola; the Mistmourn Cost Warband now including more figures; and the heroes Royal Warden and Wandering Minstrel.
The goals it managed to unlock during the second week were: A pack of twelve plastic Potion counters were added to Always Super level; the Dungeon Boss Goro with new cards as an add-on (two different sculpts to choose from); and a pack of thirty plastic Wound counters were added to Always Super level; and Hero versions cards for several of the Mini-Bosses (both old and new) were added to the Always Super level (these are Trent the Treant as Deeproot Treant, Bashful Boris as Bearstruck Berserker, Herald of Vulcanis as Dark Centurian, Succubus Vandella as Outcast Succubus, Captain R as Cursed Captain, Kaelly the Nether Strider as Nether Assassin and a still super-secret mini-boss as Wyrm Claw Templar).
The stretch goals that were still going as I post this were: the Emerald Valley Warband (the Hero Silver Chevalier, the Mini-Boss Glimmerwing, two Fungal Growth Spawn Points, two Kinoshroom, four Truffle Pigs and eight Okoshroom) as an add-on at $425k; and six Giri Creeps will be added to Always Super level and to the Goro Mini-Boss at $450k.
I would like to note that none of this will be KickStarter exclusive, Soda Pop Miniatures will be selling the stuff in their web store (this does not mean they will be general release).
Now for the Shadows of Brimstone news. They have posted videos and photos from the GAMA Trade Show and some images of the creature artwork for the cards. They are still working on the Pledge manager at the moment so it is not out yet.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. A survey for Arcadia Quest is now out. It is not the true Pledge Manager, but use survey to now in advance of all the main items they need to produce like Starter Set and Expansions. A real Pledge Manager will be sent at a later date with more details.
Now for the Warlord Games news. The have done a post on their website talking about the different Factions and Races in Gates of Antares.
Next is the Mekton news. They are still working on the layout and editing out error for the main book. They also have began working on a bunch of expansion books.
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. Next Tuesday will see a bunch of "NOT Doctor" figures, just in time for Salute.
Next is the Elven Adventurers KickStarter news. They have posted an image of three more greens, these were Elven Ice Queen, another Gremlin Looter and the War Heron Mount. Also they have began shipping orders that are ready and should have everything sent off by the end of April.
Now for the Kingdom Death news. Pinups of Death - Hard Plastic Collection did run out of stock, it was quickly restocked so it is still on sale. If you missed it last week under the Super Dungeon Explore section, there is a chibi Hero version of the Pinup Twilight Knight for Super Dungeon Explore. Also there is plan for a mid-April update on KickStarter.
- “Mechabrick” was might to be shipping in April 2014, but due to company problems we do not know when it will ship
- “Mekton Zero”, “OVA” and “Interface Zero 2.0” the main rulebook for each game should all done and out by now but due to problems they are not. No dates for when the books will be sent at the moment, however the PDF version of the "Interface Zero 2.0" is out for the KickStarters
- “Elven Adventurers Box Set” has begun shipping
- Physical side of “Warmachine Tactics” should being shipping in April 2014
- “Kingdom Death Monster” and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should ship in April-June 2014
- “Among the Sleep” should be done and out by April-June 2014
- “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” should ship in May 2014
- Wave two of “Deadzone” should ship in June 2014
- Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in July-September 2014
- “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (OK this is not a game, but as it a Kickstarter I backed and the fact that it might have the old RPG rulebooks on the Blu-Ray, I decided to listing it), “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Mars Attacks” are all listed to ship in August 2014
- “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
- “Arcadia Quest” is listed to ship in September 2014
- Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
- Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in October-December 2014
- “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done by November 2014
- “DreadBall Xtreme” is listed to ship in November 2014
- “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King” and “Guild Ball” is listed to ship in December 2014
On Monday I popped into Wargames Workshop MK to see what was happening. There was the Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team League, two other Warhammer 40,000 games, a game of Bolt Action, a game of Malifaux, a couple of Warmachine/Hoards games and several Magic the Gathering games (I known they are trying to take over the store). I never got a game in but it was good see everyone and watched some games.
On Thursday I went down to York House to play some games of HeroClix. The Scenario this week was “Backup Avengers”. You can find it is the HeroClix Scenarios page at the top of the blog, just under the logo. You can see all the teams in the Armies section of this post.
In the first round I was up against Michael. I ended up white washing Michael’s team. My dice rolls in that game were dam good. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.
In the second round I was up against Darren S. Like normal against Darren I lost, however it was a very close game. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael.
In the third and final round I was up against Adrian. On his first attack against me he rolled a double one twice and because of it he forfeited the game. This was a shocker for me as he had a close combat team with high defences and attacks and he had tied up most of my team on a 19 defence while I had average attacks and defences, no outwit and was ranged based. So I won. Also Darren S won his game against Michael.
Over all Darren won and I came second.
For those who are wanting to know, the other games happening at York House were Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40,000, Flames of War and DBMM.
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night. Board games use to be on a Friday, however
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Saturday the 29th of March at Wargames Workshop MK there will be two events. The first being a FFG LCG Championship and the second being a Malifaux Tournament.
· On Sunday the 30th of March Wargames Workshop MK will be open for a Super Magic: The Gathering event.
· On Monday the 31st of March at Wargames Workshop MK, Guardians of Tyr will be running the fourth week of their Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team League.
· On Thursday the 3rd of April, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. The scenario should be “ROC Training”. Details of the scenario are below. I should be there.
· On Friday the 4th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I should be there.
· Saturday the 5th April will be International TableTop Day.
· On Saturday the 5th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I plan on being there.
· On Saturday the 12th of April at Wargames Workshop MK there will be two events. A Yu-Gi-Oh and Vanguard card game tournaments.
· Also on Saturday the 12th of April will be Salute 2014 at London Excel. This year's theme is the D-Day Landings. I will be there.
· On Sunday the 13th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Monday the 14th of April (if the data is right on their site), Guardians of Tyr will be starting up a Star Wars X-Wing League.
· On Friday the 18th of April there will be a Bolt Action tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 19th of April, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 26th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be running a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament.
· On Sunday the 27th of April Wargames Workshop MK will be open for a Super Magic: The Gathering event.
· On Saturday the 3rd of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 17th of May, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be there.
· Saturday the 17th of May will be the Mantic Open Day.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
HeroClix Scenario “ROC Training”: 300 points. No House Rules. Modem Era only. This is due to Darren going to a ROC tournament and wants to test his team for it.
Painting and Converting
This week I have doing three female Corporation player, the MVP Riller, a Teraton player, the new Hive Medic, Sensei Horse, a Ninja, two Reb Humans, a Reb Yndij and a Reb Drone.
|This week's figures front view|
|This week;s figures rear view|
|This week's DreadBall figures|
|This week's 7TV figures|
|This week's Deadzone figures|
Next week should be doing two more Reb Humans, another Reb Yndij, a Loka Ice Bishop, a Loka Ice Prawn, a Loka Ice Rook, the zombie version of Grindlock and both version of Joshus.
Here is my team from this week’s HeroClix game:
War Machine (025a Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 125
Havok (024 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 81
Sharon Carter (022 Marvel Chaos War) 45
Justice (030 Marvel Super Nova) 94
Tigra (036 Marvel Chaos War) 57
=402 points and four TTPCs (Themed Team Probability Controls).
Here is Darren S’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:
Black Panther (007 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 100
Wonder Man (028 Marvel Chaos War) 118
Spider-Woman (037 Marvel Chaos War) 82
Beast (010 Marvel Giant Size X-Men) 95
=395 points and four TTPCs.
Here is Adrian’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:
Invisible Woman (102 Marvel Chaos War) 80
Spider-Man (004 Marvel Avengers vs X-Men) 100
Luke Cage (014 Marvel Captain America) 98
Black Panther (106 Marvel Universe) 27
=399 points and four TTPCs.
Here is Michael’s team from this week’s HeroClix game:
Dr. Strange (021 Marvel Fear Itself) 145
Spider-Man (030 Marvel Fear Itself) 120
Spider-Woman (209 Marvel Chaos War) 55
Wasp (004 Marvel Chaos War Fast Forces) 50
=370 points and four TTPCs.
And finally the 200 rating version of the Hive Organic Collective for 7TV.
For the boost to 300 I plan on adding a lesser Hive Master and more warriors.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.