Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events. Sorry about this post being late compared to normal
There is no “Painting and Converting” this week and maybe next week due to work and XCOM Enemy Within which I have just finished.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Exodia the Forbidden One from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Three; and Alexis, Ultron-1, Vision, Tess-One and Machine Man from Marvel Age of Ultron Event.
Next is the Mantic news. With DreadBall Xtreme, the Player Manual is available as a PDF now. They have revealed a major change to what they were planning. All Sponsors can use the All-Stars rules that was meant to be Eclipse's special. She is now going to be a MVP for the Challenge Cup instead of a Sponsor. But there is nothing stopping you from using her or any other MVP, coach or cheerleader as a custom Sponsor as tgere are rules to make your own Sponsor. Sweet! My AJ Lee miniature can be a Sponsor. Oh and wave three should start shipping to backers this coming Monday.
Now for the Ninja Division news. Here is an update of the Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King wave two shipping news. With the US and Canada, their ships have just arrived at dock. With Asia, the fulfilment to backers is continuing, but the bulk of it has arrived. With the UK and the EU, the ships are still on the water and has been delayed. It should arrive at port in England and Germany on the 1st of July. Lastly with Australia, the ship has left however there is no estimated arrival.
With Robotech RPG Tactics, the Important Notice about the Comanchero Helicopter has been removed from the KickStarter backers preorder as it will be done at a later date. Backers can now vote on the scale discussion.
Next is the Zero Agents news. The reason I posted this post late is this KickStarter, as it finished 9PM BST. It made $93,650 with 801 backers. Since last week they have manage to unlock: The Mystic Arts Expansion as an add-on; the Candy and Cola Zero Agent asan add-on; Elite Operative Four; Elite Operative Five; Agent 10 Virgo; Agent 11 Sagittarius; Elite Operative Six; and Elite Operative Seven.
The Stretch goals that they never finished were Elite Operative Eight and what looks like a new boss. However they will be added them as add-ons and Elite Operative Eight. Extra money made from the Pledge Manager will go to the stretch goals being added to to the Pledge levels and extra tiles to the two expansions and the scenario.
Now for the Privateer Press news. Last Wednesday saw the release of: The Warmachine Reckoning book; the Khador Unit Iron Fang Pikemen/Black Dragons with Unit Attachment; the Circle Cavalry Unit Tharn Wolf Riders; the Skorne Heavy Warbeast Extreme Titan Gladiator; the No Quarter Presents special “Forces of Distinction”; and the Retribution of Scyrah Army Box.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With the Zombicide Black Plauge KickStarter, it is still going strong. It is currently at tenth place in the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters.
Since last week’s post they have managed to unlock: The KickStarter exclusive survivor Paul added to both pledge levels; four copies of the NPC Zombies Dancer and Jailer added to both pledge levels; the Naiada Special Guest Survivors Merieil and Apprentice Milo added to both pledge levels; three more value cards added to both pledge levels; the Ablobination with spawn cards was (just) added to both pledge levels; the Paolo Parente, Gipi and Karl Kopinski Special Guest box sets as add-ons; both the NPC one and two box sets as add-ons; a Black Plague version of the Murder of Crowz box set; and a set of Red Custom Dice as an add-on.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: Nothing at the moment as the last one was just done.
Now for the Demigods Rising news. Since last week's post they have managed to unlock: The sixth Demigod the Angel of Song from Angelarium.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The seventh Demigod the Angel of Death from Middara at $40k.
Next is the Battle System news. It is on the ship to the UK and it should arrive in the UK on the 16th of July.
Now for the DAC: Dungeon Architect Cards news. It has started shipping to backers two months ahead of schedule. WTF! A KickStarter that is ahead of schedule is unheard of, and by two months. WOW! Congratulations.
Next is the Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game news. This week they have revealed the images of the bottom box and the token sheet.
Now for the Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master news. The ships have left now and the stuff should be shipping off to backers by the end of July.
Next is the Crooked Dice Games news. Heroic Archetypes set one is finally out. It in fact came out just after last week’s post.
Now for the Stonehaven Miniatures news. Shipping of the Half-Orc Adventurers has begun.
Lastly here is a new news segment, Cardfight Vanguard. Today saw the release of the English edition of the booster set "Fighter's Collection 2015", the G Trial Deck 5 “Fateful Star Messiah” and G Legend Deck 1 “The Dark Ren Suzugamori”. Also in Japan saw the releases of G Clan Booster 1 “Academy of Divas”.
Milton Keynes has a team at today’s Regional Team League, team Q.T.. Good luck to them.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2015) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· Wave one and two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia, “Half-Orc Adventures” (May 2015) and “Dungeon Architect Cards” has been shipped or is shipping.
· “Slaughterball”, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) and wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should be shipping this month.
· The PDFs for “Paranoia” (May 2015), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· The “Demigods Evolution” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The “Zombicide Black Plague” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The physical copies of “Paranoia” (June 2015), “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters The Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 27th of June 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the Cardfight Vanguard MK Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 18th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton. Also at Wargames Workshop MK, the Painting Contest will come to an end and the winner will be announced.
· On Saturday the 1st of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running both a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes and a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.