Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
There is no “Painting and Converting” again this week. It should be back next week.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Ultron-1 Drone, Ultron-5, Ultron-5 Drone, Ultron-7, Ultron-7 Drone, Ultron-8 and two versions of Ultron Phalanx from Marvel Age of Ultron Event.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. With the Zombicide Black Plauge KickStarter, it is still going strong. It is currently at seventh place in the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. They have released a PDF the the rulebook for Black Plague as well. Since last week’s post they have managed to unlock: The KickStarter exclusive survivor Bob was added to both pledge levels; the Naiada Special Guest Survivor Thundergot was added to both pledge levels; the Stefan Kopinski and John Howe Special Guest box sets as add-ons; 3D doors as an add-on; and the KickStarter exclusive Abominalpha was added to Knight pledge level.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The Naiada Special Guest Survivor/ Necromancer Ostokar the Pale will be added to both pledge levels at $2.35m; and the KickStarter exclusive Necromancer Grin will be added to Knight Pledge level at $2.4m.
With Arcadia Quest they have revealed that they are releasing a new stand alone expansion for the game called "Arcadia Quest: Inferno" which adds new ways to play, an expansion pack that adds a dragon boss and a spinoff called “Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia” which the heroes can be used in Arcadia Quest.
Now for the Demigods Rising news. With Demigods Rising Evolution, since last week's post they have managed to unlock: Nothing.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The seventh Demigod the Angel of Death from Middara at $40k; the Orc Rogue hero Saboyeur at $47.5k; and the Elf Warrior hero Swordmistress a $55k.
Also with the original KickStarter, backers will be getting upgraded cardboard components, updated artwork, double sided stat cards for the Heroes and Demigods and the alt forms of Black Wolf and Wind all thanks to the new KickStarter.
Next is the Cardfight Vanguard news. I made a mistake in last week’s post. We had more than just the one tomorrow from Milton Keynes at the Regional Team League. Sorry!
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. With wave one the transport ship for the US distributor is well into its journey and should arrive at the mid of July. Shipping to EU and Australia/New Zealand is still on hold, due to paperwork issues. Direct mail to other locations started on this week.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. There is just over one week left to finalise your postal address for the KickStarter.
Lastly for the Megacon Games news. With Myth Journeyman, the pledge manager should be up in early July.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2015) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· Wave one and two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia, “Half-Orc Adventures” (May 2015) and “Dungeon Architect Cards” has been shipped or is shipping.
· “Slaughterball” (June 2015), wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), the PDFs for “Paranoia” (May 2015), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· The “Demigods Evolution” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The “Zombicide Black Plague” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The physical copies of “Paranoia” (June 2015), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters The Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 27th of June 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the Cardfight Vanguard MK Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 18th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton. Also at Wargames Workshop MK, the Painting Contest will come to an end and the winner will be announced.
· On Saturday the 1st of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running both a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes and a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.