Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Buster Blader from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Three; and Hercules and Giant-Man from Marvel Age of Ultron Event. Also WizKids has partnered with Nickelodeon to release tabletops games based of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The current plan is too do HeroClix and Dice Master stuff.
Next is the Mantic news. Kings of War Second Edition is being split into two waves now. Wave one is still set to ship in July while wave two is coming later this year. Wave two will be: Forces of Nature; Forces of Abyss; Valandor and Ba’el; all the Dragons; and the Campaign Book. Wave one should hit retail in August.
Now for the Home Raiders news. They have unlocked since last week’s post: Retail pledges will now come with an extra copy of the core game that is unpacked as a store copy.
The stretch goal that was still going when I posted this was: The faction “Freeloaders” with their faction starter set as an add-on at £30k; and a Freeloaders Booster with the Archivists and the Keeper of the flaming stick as an add-on at £33k.
The KickStarter will be ending on Sunday. Let us see what can be unlocked between now and then.
Next is the Wyrd Games news. This week in the Monday preview, we got three new renders of the Insidious Madness.
Now for the Ninja Division news. With Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King, we have be given some estimated times of arrival times for wave two to the warehouses. The US warehouse will receive their stuff on 16th of June. The UK warehouse will receive their stuff on 30th of June. The EU warehouse will receive their stuff on 24th of June. There is currently no estimated date for Austria yet. The Hong Kong stuff have arrived and will ship shipping to backers in their area soon.
Next is the Zero Agents news. Since last week they have manage to unlock: Elite Operative 3; the Boss "The Doctor"; and an Extra Agents add-on pack with all the figures minus the Elite Operatives.
With the stretch goals all they revealed that there is one at $65k and one at $70k.
Now for the Guild Ball news. The painted pledges have not shipped yet as they have been having problems with the original studio. They have moved to a new studio to do the painting and it will take them three to four weeks to do the work.
Next is the Stonehaven Miniatures news. Their Half-Orc Adventures stuff should have started shipping this week but due to problems it will start shipping next week. To make up for the delay they have release some Minecraft skins.
Now for the Battle System news. Their Fantasy Dungeon Terrain is still on target for a mid to late July shipment. They were wanting to do a repaint of their Sci-Fi terrain for Summer 2015, however this will not be until 2016 now. They still have Stronghold sets on their web store, but most of the add-on are out of stock.
Next is the DAC: Dungeon Architect Cards news. Most of the cards are in now and they should be starting shipping soon by the sound of things. Hang on is this a Kickstarter that is shipping two months early? OMG!
Now for the Ghostbusters the board game news. Sony Entertainment have approved all the stuff now and moulds are being made for the figures. We also got images of all the ghost cards for the game too.
Next is the Privateer Press news. This week we got previews of the Skorne Epic Warlock Zaal the Ancestral Advocate, the Minion Farrow Battle Engine the Meat Thresher; the Retribution Warcaster Thyron the Sword of Truth, the Mercenary Steelhead character Solo Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye and the Mercenary Ordic Thamarite character Solo Savio Montero Acosta.
Now for something rare from me, computer gaming news. As you might have seen on my blog or on the internet, there is a sequel to XCOM Enemy Unknown coming out in November. It is being done by the team behind the expansion Enemy Within. I Cannot wait from this to come out as I do enjoy playing XCOM.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top twenty non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. Myth - $926,112
19. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
18. Myth Journeyman - $972,886 (Backed at $1)
17. Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest - $1,057,975 (Backed at add-ons only)
16. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1)
15. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
14. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level)
13. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
12. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
11. Ghostbusters the Board Game – $1,546,269 (Backed at $1)
10. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
9. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in from the 2013 Black Friday deal)
8. Dwarvenite Game Caverns Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
7. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
6. Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System – Still Going (Backed at $1)
5. Zombicide Season Three - $2,849,064 (Backed at Patient 0 level)
4. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
3. Conan - $3,327,757 (Backed at $1)
2. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
1. Exploding Kittens - $8,782,571 (Backed at The NSFW Deck level)
There were no changes since the last time I did this but as it has been a while I have decided to post it anyway.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition”, wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2015) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· The physical copy of “OVA Second Edition” (Dec 2013) and “Half-Orc Adventures” (May 2015) has been shipped or is shipping.
· The PDFs for “Paranoia” (May 2015), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Slaughterball”, wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia and Zeeland, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) and wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should be shipping this month.
· The “Home Raiders” KickStarter will end on the 7th of June 2015.
· The “Zombicide Black Plague” KickStarter should be starting on the 8th of June 2015.
· The “Demigods Rising Evolution” KickStarter should be starting on the 9th of June 2015.
· The “Zero Agents” KickStarter will end on the 19th of June 2015
· The physical copies of “Paranoia” (June 2015), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters The Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· “Demigods Rising” (July 2015), wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars” and “Zero Agents” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 6th of June 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 18th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you a full VF1A Valkyrie and the wing weapon pods for it and last Tuesday VF1J Valkyrie from RoboTech RPG Tactics.
The next post should be a Novas Vira Heavy team from Mara Attacks; Misaki from Malifaux and two Free Agents from DreadBall Xtreme.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.