MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Neoscream's Life: 8th to 14th June 2015

Happy Anniversary to
AJ Lee and CM Punk
Welcome to the new Neoscream's Life post. This is a weekly post of what games I have been playing and what I have watch. Due to no team pictures of the last two season six teams at the moment there is no DreadBall team picture this week and as it last moment I have not planned on what to do next But here is a opening picture to celebrate the one year anniversary of AJ Leeand CM Punk. 



“Wargames Workshop MK Monday”

On Monday I popped down to Wargames Workshop MK for a game of Arcadia Quest with Bob, Adrian and Michael. We played the “The Rookery” mission. I won it with joint Reward and joint Most Coins. Michael was the other with the Most Coins and Adrian won Least Deaths and also joint Reward. I plan on seeing if I can continual it now week.



“HeroClix”

On Thursday I went down to York House for HeroClix. We decided to do a sealed event using my break of Marvel Avengers Assemble, however we decided to do different teams each round.
The first was 300 points and I was up against Adrian. My team was an Avengers team of:

Hawkeye (002) 85
Echo (010) 96
D-Man (024) 84
=265 points

Adrian’s team was a Mystical team who were:

Hellcat (012) 73
The Hood (057) 220
=293 points

Sadly I lost this game. The second round was 400 points and I was up against Michael. My team was:

Ex Nihilo (056) 190
Starbrand (041B) 150
Turbo (009) 50
=390 points

Michael's team was:

Smasher (027) 147
Nova (039) 141
Firebird (011) 105
=393 points.

I managed to wreck his Hypersonic cheese with my Comic cheese to win the game. The third round was 500 points and my opponent this time was Darren S. I basically stuck with the same team, but added one more figure as a front line attacker.

Ex Nihilo (056) 190
Starbrand (014B) 150
Turbo (009) 50
Thunderstrike (021) 98
=488 points

Darren's team was (if I remembered):

Echo (010) 96
Firebird (011) 105
Juston Seyfert (020) 40
Goliath (066) 98
Aleph (003) 140
=479 points

Like normal Darren beat me.

This Thursday we should be (unless things change) the “Rise of the Machines” scenario. "Rise of the Machines" is 500 points, a minimum of 25% of the team must contain the Robot keyword. Robot must be the most expensive member of your team. The 'Robot' Keyword is considered a named theme team. Robots below 74 points have a +1 to all stats with the exception of damage. No figures over 250 points.



“Cardfight Vanguard"

I had been collecting a Dimension Police deck for a while now for Cardfight Vanguard and I have been watching the English dubbed version of the anime, but I had never had a game. Keaton from Wargames Workshop MK talked me into getting the time off work to enter one of the store’s tournaments. I manage to get last Saturday off to enter one. However I was warned on Monday that they are practicing for the UK Team League 2015 this coming Saturday. I thought to myself that I was going to get totally creamed at the tournament. There was a massive turn out for them, twenty players. I won my first game which was a major shocker for me. I lost the second and then shockingly won the third. WOW! I was shocked. The people running the tournament, Shell Liam, noticed that I had no G-Units and kindly gave me three copies of “Super Cosmic Hero, X-rogue” as they have a ton of them. WOW thanks! I lost the fourth game but thanks to the G-Units I won the fifth game. I somehow managed to just scrape into the top eight play offs. I managed to win the quarter finals game, but I got knocked out by Shell in the semis. It went from a scary day to a fantastic one. I over the moon with the result and do plan on attending more tournaments in the future, if I can got the time off work and I am currently looking at upgrading my deck and maybe build a second deck to have a second.



“Painting and Converting”

Due to planning XCOM and extra hours at work I have not done much painting, it fact I have only finished one figure, my Dread King from Arcadia Quest  for the painting contest at Wargames Workshop MK. I will be go into detail about contest in a moment. Because of the lack on painting I decided to pause the “Painting and Converting” sections for a week or two to let me build up a new backlog. Too many zombies to paint at the moment.

OK here is the details of the Wargames Workshop MK Painting Contest. Figures must be a Monster or a Machines and be on a 50mm/60mm, however odd shape and slightly bigger based, but only if the Carl or Keaton allows it. You can enter you figures now. Closing date is the 19th of July.



“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Events: Work and then a game of Arcadia Quest at Wargames Workshop MK.
Brought and Received: Some small card sleeves and Army Builder's Battlefields Basing set.

Tuesday
Watched: That week's episode of WWE Raw, the previous week’s episode of BBC’s Click and episode 9 of season five of Game of Thrones.
Events: Work.

Wednesday
Events: Work.

Thursday
Events: Work and HeroClix at York House.
Brought: A card holder for Zombicide.

Friday
Watched: That week's episode of WWE Main Event.
Events: Work.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode Weekend’s and that week’s episode of WWE Smackdown.
Events: Off work as I was at my first ever Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. However I did do coffee briefly with Richard and saw Darren H and Lisa just as I was leaving as they were late and I had to go early.
Brought and Receivmaed: Three Cardfight Vanguard “G-EB01 Cosmic Roar” boosters.
Received: I was given three copies of the Dimensional Police G-Unit “Super Cosmic Hero, X-rogue” and won three Cardfight Vanguard “G-BT02 Soaring Ascent of Gale and Blossom” boosters.

Sunday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Events: Work.

On top of this I have been playing XCOM Enemy Within. I want to try to complete it as I REALLY like the game and never completed it, plus with XCOM 2 coming in November and Simon getting into it, I have to finish it.

Still in the post or soon be should
A card holder for Zombicide.



Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment