Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Kamion Wizard, Hayabusa Knight Seiyaryu, Petit Angel and Spirit of the Harp from Yu-Gi-Oh Series Three; and Protector from Marvel Age of Ultron Event. I will be doing a list of what I have from Marvel Avengers Assemble at a later date. Maybe Sunday.
Next is the Mantic news. With DreadBall Xtreme, they have shown off the four new giants and four new Sponsors from Xtreme. Wave three should start shipping the same time as the Deadzone Infestation goes up, which is 22nd of June.
Now for the Home Raiders news. The KickStarter ended on Sunday. They made £26,098 with 374 Backers. They sadly din not unlocked since last week’s post. The stretch goal that were not unlocked were: The faction “Freeloaders” with their faction starter set as an add-on at £30k; and a Freeloaders Booster with the Archivists and the Keeper of the flaming stick as an add-on at £33k.
Next is the Wyrd Games news. This week in the Monday preview, we got two new renders. The first was of the Drowned and the second was of the Silent One.
|The Silent One|
Now for the Ninja Division news. The pledge manager for Ninja All-Stars is now open.
With Robotech RPG Tactics, they have set-up a ordering system were backers can order the Convention Exclusive figures and a bunch of new figures from a third party. These are basic Earth Defence units like tanks and Infantry. These new figures will come with the cards to use them. They are also having an issue with scale with future expansions. The game is currently 6mm, however they have now realised that this will be a problem scale for the Robotech shows based after the first series (especially the Cyclones). They are planning on doing a poll to see what they should do: Stick to 6mm, change to 10/15mm, do the other stuff at 10/15mm, make the game in too scales 6mm and 10/15mm to name what I know.
With the stretch goals all they revealed that there is one at $65k and one at $70k. However they have revealed that there will be another Expansion set for the game that is Magic based called Mystic Arts that will be an add-on and a cross over figure of Candy from Soda Miniatures. Mystic Arts will get one Agent (Gemini-0), one Boss (The Sorceress) and Level two Minions (Magician).
Now for the Privateer Press news. They have revealed the date for the June releases. It will be June 17th. There will be: the Warmachine Reckoning book; the Khador Unit Iron Fang Pikemen/Black Dragons with Unit Attachment; the Circle Cavalry Unit Tharn Wolf Riders; the Skorne Heavy Warbeast Extreme Titan Gladiator; the No Quarter Presents special “Forces of Distinction”; and the Retribution of Scyrah Army Box.
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. Zombicide is back on KickStarter and this time it a new game, the Black Plague. It basically plays like the original Zombicide but with some major changes. There is now a Necromancer for the survivors to defeat and survivor cards are different. It is a dashboard that I showed off last month. It also on the KickStarter is the expansion for it, Wulfsburg, which adds Wolves and a Werewolf to the game. Even thou all the man mechanics are the same, it is not compatible with the Original Zombicide what so ever (like Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000, but not as extreme). It has done hugely well in the first day, well it made one million in one day. WOW! I have not really backed it (apart from the $1 to follow it for updates) as I own the original game and it takes up a lot of space.
There are two main Pledge levels. The first is “Huntsman” which originally comes with comes with the Zombicide: Black Plague box game and Hero Box 1. The second one is “Knight” which originally comes with comes with the Zombicide: Black Plague box game, Hero Box 1, the expansion Zombicide: Wulfsburg and the KickStarter exclusive survivor Gowan.
Since starting they have managed to unlock: Funded the game; free campaigns for Black Plague and Wulfsburg; a map editor (most likely an upgrade to the standard Zombicide one); five more Zombie Walkers were added to both pledge levels; the KickStarter exclusive survivors Lucas, James, Hitch, Mortuner, William, Danton, Tray, Evil Tray, Falstaff, Montalban, Xuxa and Morgan were added to both pledge levels; four more Zombie Runners were added to both pledge levels; four more Zombie Fatties were added to both pledge levels; three more Wolfz were added to both pledge levels; both the Marc Simonetti and Paul Bonner Special Guest Boxes for Zombicide Black Plague were added to both pledge levels; an extra Necromancer was added to both pledge levels; an extra Abomination was added to both pledge levels; a KickStarter Exclusive first player metal coin was added to both pledge levels; four KickStarter Exclusive headless N.P.C. zombies based on Eddard Stark was added to both pledge levels; an extra Wolf-bomination was added to both pledge levels; four KickStarter Exclusive N.P.C. zombies based on Snow White was added to both pledge levels; twenty N.P.C. spawn cards was added to both pledge levels; four KickStarter Exclusive pope based N.P.C. zombies was added to both pledge levels; four nurse N.P.C. zombies was added to both pledge levels; a Abominotaur with spawn cards and Broken Wall tokens; four moor N.P.C. zombies was added to both pledge levels; four dwarf N.P.C. zombies was added to both pledge levels; a dice bag was added to both pledge levels; a dice tower was added to both pledge levels; both the Adrian Smith and Carl Critchlow (Thrud the Barbarian) Special Guest Boxes for Zombicide Black Plague were added as add-ons; a pack of six Bone custom dice as an add-on; and an extra tiles pack as an add-on.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The KickStarter exclusive survivor Paul will be added to both pledge levels at $1.58m.
Now for the Demigods Rising news. They are back to KickStarter to fund their new resins due to problems with the original people doing them for them. There are two main levels, plus two upgrade levels which I have explained in a past post. However Gold will also include the new stretch goals.
Since starting they have managed to unlock: Funded the new resins; and the fifth Demigod Divine Knight from Awaken Realms.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: The sixth Demigod Angel of Song from Angelarium at $30k.
Next is the Dragon Tides news. We got images this week of the new render of Blackbird figure. They re-posed it to be more like the art work.
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. Wave one should be shipping from China to the Hubs soon. The only eta we have is that the US (not the hub or backers) is estimated to arrive on July 13th.
Next is the Last Saga news. Metal production has started and is going well.
Now for the “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter news. The pledge manager is now up.
Lastly there is the new version Paranoia news. They are behind schedule and this is by the look of things due to the same problem all KickStarter RPGs suffer from, artwork.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2015) and wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Half-Orc Adventures” (May 2015) has been shipped or is shipping.
· “Slaughterball”, wave one of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) for Asia and Zeeland, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015) and wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014) should be shipping this month.
· The “Zero Agents” KickStarter will end on the 19th of June 2015
· The PDFs for “Paranoia” (May 2015), wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Last Saga” (November 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (Dec 2013), “Mechabrick” (April 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” and “Exploding Kittens” all should ship in July 2015.
· The “Demigods Evolution” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The “Zombicide Black Plague” KickStarter will end on the 7th of July 2015
· The physical copies of “Paranoia” (June 2015), “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest”, “Dungeon Architect Cards” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” should ship in August 2015.
· “Anime Miniatures”, “Dragon Tide” and “Blood Rage” should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters The Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 18th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 19th of July 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Saturday the 1st of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
This post I have for you two more Free Agent and four Strike Posts from DreadBall Xtreme.
The next post should be the MVP Galdo and three Rebs Players.
Until next time, hope for a better tomorrow.