Welcome to the “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games, my painting and upcoming local events.
There is a bit of quite on the news front as Gencon is this week. Hopeful there will be a ton of news next week.
First off we have the HeroClix news. We got previews of: Contessa Valentina, Madame Hydra and Golden Claw from Marvel Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Now for the Mantic news. DreadBall Xtreme wave three will first shipping soon. However I just learnt that people who backed both King of War Second Edition and DreadBall Xtreme will have to wait until King of War Second Edition wave one ships which should start shipping next.
Next is the Ninja Division news. We have shipping news update for Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King wave two. The United States backers stuff has all ship. With Canada, it took their fulfilment centre longer than thought anticipated to get product and sort it. They should have started shipping this week. With the United Kingdom, shipping is almost all shipments. There is a palette that contained Emerald Valley and a small amount of other assorted products did not arrive. With the EU, unpacking the crates and sorting the orders has taken longer than anticipated. They are currently working on sorting the orders and shipping. With Australia, like the UK, some items failed to make it on the boat from China. However, the fulfilment centre is holding the orders so they can fulfil them all at once.
Now for the Battle System news. Their Fantasy Dungeon Terrain has start shipping and I got my
Star Dimension Gates.
Next is the Wyrd Games news. This week we got a look at the artwork for the Emissary models.
Now for the Stonehaven Miniatures news. They are back on KickStarter again, however it is next the Board game. This time it is “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures”. They are still working on Stonehaven Peacekeeper's Oath and beta rules and cards for it are available to download. “Halfling Adventurers Miniatures” is doing well and they have unlocked since starting were: The project was funded; a Halfling Paladin; Second Breakfast Bits; a Halfling Druid; a Grippli Wizard at $10k; a Halfling Apprentice; a Halfling Bard; a Halfling Mage; a Halfling Digger; a Halfling Potion Maker; a Halfling Lorekeeper; and a Halfling Linkman.
The stretch goals that are still going on: A Halfling Ranger at $15k; a Halfling General $17k; and a Grippli Herald at $18k.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. They are for the first time ever at Gen Con as a company demoing the game. OK EVERYONE is demoing there games there (even Games Workshop for the first time too). But I am really hype for Kingdom Death Monster. Also they have a brand new hard plastic miniature debuting exclusively at Gen Con. It is a Sci-Fi version of the Twilight Knight pinup. They could not resist sending some iconic designs to space. It will appear on their web store sometime after Gencon. I have only seen the artwork and I am not a fan of it, the breast are far far too big.
Now for the “Anime Miniatures” KickStarter news. It has started shipping which is a major shock as it was meant to ship in October. Another early KickStarter. WOW.
Next is the Exploding Kittens news. It has started shipping, only just on time.
Lastly we have some long await Mekton Zero news. They are still working on the book. Well the file format as it is for too big. It looks like things are fixed now, or at least close to and they promise weekly updates now.
· Wave two of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” (December 2013), wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” (July 2014), “Mekton Zero” (digital December 2013, physical March 2014), wave two of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014) and “Mechabrick” (April 2014) have all been delay due to problems and currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Dungeon Architect Cards”, wave two of “Super Dungeon Explore: The Forgotten King” (January 2015), wave three of “DreadBall Xtreme” (November 2014), wave one of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master”, wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons" (July 2014), “Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain”, “Anime Miniatures” (October 2015) and “Exploding Kittens” has been shipped or is shipping soon.
· “Last Saga” (November 2014), wave one of “Kings of War Second Edition” (July 2015), “Slaughterball” (June 2015), “Paranoia” (June 2015) and “Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest” should ship in August 2015.
· “Dragon Tide”, “Blood Rage” and wave one of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game” (August 2015) should ship in September 2015.
· Wave 1.5 of “Shadows of Brimstone” (August 2014), “Kingdom Death Monster” (December 2013), “Conan”, “Ghostbusters the Board Game” and “Home Raiders” should ship in October 2015.
· Both “Demigods Rising” (July 2015)/”Demigods Evoltion” and wave two of “Yashima: Legend of the Kami Master” (July 2015) should ship between October/December 2015
· Wave two of “Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game”, “Ninja All-Stars”, “Zero Agents” and “Zombicide Black Plague” should ship in December 2015.
· Both “Dwarven Forge's City Builder Terrain System” and “Deadzone Infestation” should ship in January 2016
· “Myth Journeyman” should ship in June 2016.
"Up and coming Events"
These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.
· On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming night.
· On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
· On Thursdays York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
· On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
· On Sundays, Wargames Workshop MK is now open. It will be for role-play and board games day on every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month which will be a card games day (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Cardfight Vanguard).
· On Saturday the 1st of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 8th of August 2015, Milton Keynes Wargame Society will be running a Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition tournament at York House Youth Centre in Stony Stratford.
· On Saturday the 8th of August 2015, there will be a Weiß Schwarz Tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 15th of August 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Saturday the 16th of August 2015, there will be a Cardfight Vanguard tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. Rules of the event will be on the “CFVanguard & WeißSchwarz M.K.” Facebook group.
· On Saturday the 5th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 6th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hordes tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
· On Sunday the 19th of September 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
· On Sunday the 11th of October 2015, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing UK Team Championship at Jurys Inn MK. Sadly this has already sold out.
Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a booster pack (Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Vanguard) unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr. Weekday events normally start at 6/7PM.
For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.
York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee (unless your a child or unemployed where it is £1) and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.
“Painting and Converting”
For this post I have for you all are two Zombie Berserker Walkers, two Zombie Berserker Runners, a Zombie Berserker Fatty and three Zombie Toxic Walkers from Zombicide.
|Wave 8 Zombie Berserkers|
Sorry for the poorly lit photos this week. With the next post there should be five Toxic Zombie Walkers and a Toxic Zombie Runner from Zombicide.