MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Neoscream's Life: 14th to 20th of March 2016

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. This week's opening pictures are of the Dung Beetle Knight.



"Life"

On Monday evening I went down to Wargames Workshop MK to continue our restarted Kingdom Death Monster campaign. Sadly there was no Bob or Will, but Adrian, Michael and Jackie all turned up. We first finished off the Settlement phase by building up some weapons and a second set of Rawhide Armour. We faced a level one White Lion and shockingly no one died. Not even in the following Settlement phase. We built a half set of Rawhide Armour and some more weapons so everybody had a weapon that was not a Founding Stone. This Campaign is going a little too well. I am just worried about how will the game screw us over later and how much will the Expansions I brought will change things.

After playing Kingdom Death Monster I got three games of Cardfight Vanguard with Jackie. She was using her beloved Touken Ranby deck while I tried out my Nova Grappler deck. So good close games and my Novas did much better than what I expected.

On Tuesday I went with my parents to see my Uncle (my mum's brother). Sadly he is dying and there is a chance that this will be the last time we see him. I was really good to see him.  It would have been nice to see my cousins too, but it is understandable as they were busy and it might have been too many people visiting my Uncle.

During the week I have picked up issue one of the Game of Thrones The Official Collector's Models as it was cheaper than normal and I liked the figure of Daenerys Targaryen. I did consider buying a second to repaint stone grey as a statue for Frostgrave. However I them remembered that status in the past (the Romans as an example) use to be painted, so why should I ruin a nice paint job and wast money on a second copy. OK technically the paintwork get damage over time as Frostgrave is an abandoned old place that has fallen to ruin, but it was a magical place. So let us just say that it as magical paint.

On over personal hobby news, I am heavy rethinking on how I am storing my Kingdom Death Monster stuff. I will still carry it in the monstrous box the game comes in more due to the board and tracks. However I do plan on replacing the tray with other ways of storage the components of the game. The gear cards, other cards that do not get shuffled into decks (Strange Resources for example) and printed extras like the promo beta stuff will be placed into a binder. With the release of the expansions the normal(ish) size cards storage on the tray is not enough and there was not enough hight to use the dividers. I will be trying to find card storage holders that can take the dividers and fit in the main box with easy, or build them myself. I would like to do a removable token tray to have the tokens on the table than in the box under the table. I am still thinking about the the lager cards and terrain pieces. Especially when I am planning on trying to build 3D terrain tokens in the future. It would be nice to get some feedback on this and ideas too.

On top of that I have been sleeving up my card. As I could not get any more clear Japanese size card sleeves, I decided to go down the coloured sleeves route. I am using Black on special AI cards, Yellow on Monster Resource cards, Red on Hit Location cards, Lime Green for Monster Hunt Event cards and clear for all other cards including special AI cards. OK it would be more ideal for Hit Location cards to be in Gray and Monster Hunt Event cards to be in Brown, however Wargames Workshop MK did not have those colours in stock in Japanese card game size. I still have not got everything sleeved up yet, but I do have spare yellow and lime green sleeves for the Expansions that I have on the way.

On Sunday as I had work I was not able to to do the Cardfight Vanguard Sneak Peek of G-BT-06 "Transcension of Blade and Blossom", however I did manage to finish early so I popped Wargames Workshop MK and managed to get six boosters of the new set. I also got some more games with my Nova Grappler deck. I did not manage to win with them, but I have managed to get some new cards for them and learnt more about what works in the deck and what does not. When I got home I looked at the new set more and to redo my deck. The new design (but sadly not the physical deck yet) will get shown off in the next Build Analysis post.



"HeroClix"

On Thursday I played some HeroClix with Darren S, Michael and Adrian like normal. Last week's game was "Alternate Version". 400 points. The team must have one character that is not the standard person/people behind the costume. Examples Falcon or Bucky as Captain America, female Thor, James Rhodes as Iron Man.

I went for another Asgardian themed team. However I wanted to try out the female Thor figure I pulled on my London trip to see the fabulous Foxes. The team I use were:

Thor (050 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD) 145
Loki (046 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 120
Thunderstrike (021 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 98
Asgardian Warrior (014 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 37
=400 points

On the first round I was up against Michael who was using a non themed team who were:

Pepper Potts (016 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 35
Iron Man (038 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 110
Iron Man (009 Marvel HeroClix 10th Anniversary) 225
=370 points

I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian. On the second round I was up against Darren S who was using a Masters of Evil themed team who were:

Blackout (025 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD) 70
Man-Killer (029 Marvel Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD) 95
Yellowjacket (007 Marvel Age of Ultron event) 85
Whirlwind (030 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 83
Shocker (002 Marvel Amazing Spiderman) 65
=398 points

Unlike normal I won against Darren S. Big shocker. Also Adrian won his game against his brother Michael. On the third and final round I was up against Adrian who was also using an Asgardian themed team who were:

Odin (104 Marvel Fear Itself) 175 + Asgardian (ATA) 5 = 180
Mirage (004 Mavel Wolverine and the X-Men) 75 + Asgardian (ATA) 5 = 80
Loki (035 Marvel Hammer of Thor) 122 + Asgardian (ATA) 5 = 127
=387 points

I was winning for most of the game however Adrian got lucky in the final turn and managed to pull out a win out of nowhere. Also Darren S won his game against Michael. Over all I got first place, Adrian was second, Darren S was third and sadly Michael was in last place.

This week's scenario will be "Build Up to Civil War". 500 points. The team must have one and only one character from the up and coming Captain America Civil War film that no one else is using. I will be using Iron Man (of course), Darren S will be using Winter Soldier, Adrian will be using Black Panther and Michael will be using Warmachine.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all is the Butcher from Kingdom Death Monster.


During the week I managed to finish painting three more Robotech RPG Tactics figures and two Malifaux figures.

In the next "Gaming News from Neoscream" post I should have for you all the King's Man from Kingdom Death Monster and three more Trolls from Greygore Boomhowler's unit from Warmachine/Hordes.

Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Watched: WWE Roadblock.
Brought and Received: Four packs of card sleeves to sleeve up more of my Kingdom Death Monster cards.

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw.

Wednesday
Watched: Deadpool (again).
Brought: The Lion Knight, the Dung Beetle Knight and the Flower Knight expansions for Kingdom Death Monster and card folder sleeves for the gear card from Kingdom Death Monster.
Brought and Received: Issue one of the Game of Thrones Official Collector's Models.

Thursday
Nothing.

Friday
Nothing.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown, that week’s episode of Weekenders and episode 16 of Cardfight Vanguard G.

Sunday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS.
Brought and Received: Three packs of card sleeves to sleeve up more of my Kingdom Death Monster cards and six Cardfight Vanguard booster packs of G-BT-06 "Transcension of Blade and Blossom".

Still in the post or soon be should
The Lion Knight expansion for Kingdom Death Monster.
Both the Dung Beetle Knight and the Flower Knight expansions for Kingdom Death Monster.
Folder Sleeves for my Kingdom Death Monster gear cards.
March's Loot Crate.


Until next time, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment