MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Neoscream's Life: 7th to 13th of March

Welcome everybody to another the Neoscream's Life post. This is my weekly post of life, what games I have been playing, what I have been painting and what I have watching and reading. This week's opening pictures are of the Lion Knight.



"Life"

On Monday evening I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for the second game of the Frostgrave campaign. First off what I did to my warband between games had changed from what I was originally planning on doing. I choose the Inn to up the number of my warband, brought the Carrier Pigeon Base Resource to be able to save some of my money (as the Captain will be eating out a chunk of it) and hired a third Thug. All the others apart from myself and Bob were unable to attend more due to sickness (them or family members). There is a lot of sickness going around this week. Anyway most of them had rearrange their games until next week. So myself and Bob had ours. It was quite an interesting game. I was doing well and Bob was having having problems (dice rolls). In the end Bob got the kill on the Mage and his treasure, giving him three treasures (four if you count that the Mage's treasure counts as two Lich King treasures rolls) to my two. However I did take out a lot of his warband. Over all I lost a Thug and one would have missed a game if I did not do a Vince McMahon and FIRED them. I replaced them with another Thug and a second Treasure Hunter. I also brought the Kennels with a Warhound. Sadly my Wizard only went up one level while Bob's went up three from the game.

I managed to walk to and from work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The Foxes jumper is fitting more nicely now.

On Friday evening myself, Richard and Darren H went down to Simon's for some Kingdom Death Monster. We played one game against the Screaming Antelope (or Goat which Simon keeps on calling in). We did not loss a survivor in the Hunt or Showdown phases, however during the Settlement phase we draw the Murder Settlement event and my main survivor "Nami" who had the King's Curse commented suicide as she had both the highest Hunt Experience and the Insanity of the settlement. We did bend a rule on an event that followed. The Twilight Knight returned would have left Darren's main survivor the Twilight Sword. However a he only has one arm while the Twilight Sword is a two handed weapons, we decided to give it to the next highest returning survivor which was Richard's secondary survivor as it would be a Stupid move on Twilight Knight to give a one armed person a two-handed weapon.



"HeroClix"

On Thursday I played some HeroClix with Darren S, Michael and Adrian like normal. Last week's game was "The Other Guys". 500 points, no figure over 150 points, Named Theme Teams only, but not the usual suspects.

I went for a Lethal Legion (it is also a Masters of Evil) themed team who were:

Swordsman (029 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 85
Whirlwind (030 Marvel Avengers Assemble) 83
Wonder Man (028 Marvel Chaos War) 118
Ultron (208 Marvel Chaos War) 90
Grim Reaper (037 Marvel Age of Ultron event) 119
=495

On the first round I was up against Michael who was using a Weapon X themed team who were:

Weapon X Scientist (007 Marvel Deadpool) 40
Deadpool (019 Marvel Deadpool) 135
G.W. Bridge (041 Marvel Deadpool) 68
Cyber (015 Marvel Wolverine and the X-Men) 124
X-23 (027 Marvel Web of Spiderman) 60
Aurora (012 Marvel Invincible Iron Man) 75
=502

I managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Adrian.

On the second round I was up against Darren S who was using a Doom Patrol themed team who were:

Robotman (005 DC World's Finest) 130
Crazy Jane (019 DC World's Finest) 75
Mento (020 DC World's Finest) 75
Negative Man (021 DC World's Finest) 75
Elasti-Girl (035 DC World's Finest) 100
The Chief (051 DC World's Finest) 50
=505

Like normal Darren S won. Sadly I cannot remember which of the brothers won their game.

On the third and final round I was up against Adrian who was using a Black Lantern Corp themed team who were:

Black Lantern Reanimate (008 DC War of Light) 35
Lyssa Drak (021 DC War of Light) 91
Aquaman (034 DC War of Light) 129
Firestorm (048 DC War of Light) 140
Abin Sur (046 DC War of Light) 109
=504

I somehow managed to win this game. Also Darren S won his game against Michael.

This week's scenario will be "Alternate Version". 400 points. The team must have one character that is not the standard person/people behind the costume. Examples Falcon or Bucky as Captain America, female Thor, James Rhodes as Iron Man.



"Cardfight Vanguard Tournament"

On Saturday I went down to Wargames Workshop MK for a Cardfight Vanguard Tournament. I was tempted in trying out current versions of ever my Nova Grappler or Genesis decks, however I decided to use my Dimensional Robos deck as I wanted to get more practice with them. (I might end up switching to a Nova Grappler deck when G-BT006 is released.

On the first round I was up against Jackie who was using her new and beloved Touken Ranby deck. I managed to win this game.

On the second round I was up against Shell who was using a Dark Irregulars deck. I lost against her. I had terrible draw luck, however she did say that my skills with my deck has improved.

On the third round I was up against Liam who was using a Narukami deck. It was a close round, however Liam won it.

On the four and final round before the top four cut off I was up against Jordan who was using a Spike Brothers deck. Sadly I lost this round and did not make it into the top four.

Shockingly Shell did not win the tournament. Anyway it was a good day. Sadly apart from the fourth "Mythical Destroyer Beast, Vanargandr" for my Genesis deck, I did not get any new cards that I can use in my decks.



"Painting and Converting"

For this post I have for you all is both versions of Louise from Zombicide.


During the week I managed to finish painting a two bases for previous painted Warmachine figures, a Kingdom Death Monster figure and three figures for my Frostgrave warband.

In the next "Gaming News from Neoscream" post I should have for you all both versions of Terry Zombicide and the Screaming Antelope from Kingdom Death Monster.

Below is an image of my painting table at the end of last Sunday night or the start of Monday morning.




“Watch, Listen and Read”

Monday
Nothing.

Tuesday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Raw and episode one of Ren the Girl with the Mark.

Wednesday
Watched: Episode two of Ren the Girl with the Mark.

Thursday
Nothing.

Friday
Nothing.

Saturday
Watched: That week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and that week’s episode of Weekenders.

Sunday
Watched: That week’s episode of Weekenders XLBS, episode 15 of Cardfight Vanguard G and episode 36 of GaoGaiGar.

Still in the post or soon be should
Nothing (well there are a couple of bits, but I am getting tired of listing them).


Until next time, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment