MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Neoscream's Life, the 19th to the 25th of September


Nicole Malice
Welcome to another Neoscream's Life post. As you might have already know, I had a lot of chaos last week. Due to these problems I am writing the post on the Blackberry again. If you do not know why, read on to find out.

On Monday morning I poted last week's "Watch, Listen and Read" and an update post about the update to the DreamClix Dial Design page I did yesterday. I did not get round to doing this as my laptop kept on overheating. When I got up I had a pain in between my right shoulder and neck. It was a pain but was not a problem. I worked from 10:30AM to 4:30PM. At work the office computer had died on us. This mean we did not have any music playing in the dining area. As I was the only English person working at the time I had plug my phone into the stereo system as a source of music. Luckily I did have one English album on my, AC/DC's Iron Man 2. I do have other English tracks on my phone, but I do have some tracks in English, but I would have to set up a play list and search for them. While I was on break, I two former work mates popped in to say hi to me. One of them was Mariee, who was one of the first people who read my Neoscream's Log stuff before I started the blog. When I got home from work I work on and posted a Cosplay Deviants review post of Saturday's set. After finishing the post I added more songs in English to my phone and set up a playlist for work just in case it was needed again tomorrow. I also search the web for the English versions of the One Piece openings. The playlist ended up being:
Patty Lop
  • “Life is Like a Boat” and “Number One” from Bleach
  • “One Reason” from Deadman Wonderland
  • Two versions of “Fly Me to the Moon” from Evangelion
  • Iron Man 2 album by AC/DC
  • “Get it on” Flying Rock version from Macross Frontier
  • “So Scandalous”, “Reprise”, “Never Lose Myself”, “So Crazy” and “Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Have a Nice Day” from Soul Eater
  • “The Touch” and “Til All Are One” from Transformers
  • “Booyaka 619” the theme to Rey Mysterio
  • Two English versions of “Dragon Soul” from Dragon Ball
  • Total Madness album by Madness
  • English versions of “We Are” and “Believe” from One Piece

On Tuesday morning I could not sleep as the pain between my neck and shoulder was getting worst. The main problem is I normally sleep on my right side and find it hard to sleep on my back, but due to the pain I could not sleep on my right or even my left side. There was no Blaire this morning due to the fact she was still sick. I posted last week's "Neoscream's Life" post, before going out to do a bit of shopping before work. We first went to Staples as my mum wanted a couple of bits. I picked up a 4Gb USB pen as I can never find mine. We then quickly popped into the outdoors store by where I work to get a hat for my new coalt as it does not have a hood. I worked from 10:30AM to about 2PM. They did need to use my phone again, so the work done yesterday was useful. I sadly finished early due to the shoulder pains. My mum picked me up from work and we popped into the Doctors to make an appointment. I managed to get a sit and wait appointment for 5PM. During the car journey the tablet was working fine. When I went to the Doctor's, I took my tablet so I could work on the HeroClix post. But when I got there it would not turn on at all. Odd it had battery life two/three hours ago. So I ended seat and wait, doing nothing for almost an hour. With the appointment, all the doctor did was to give me some strong pain killers. I have a history of problems with my right arm like pains in the neck/shoulder area, numinous in the arm and hand and shacking in the fore arm. It may have something to do with sleep on it, but I do wish the doctors would take a closer look in to it. Well when I got home a plugged the tablet to the mains to charge it up and it still would not work. I left it charging and it still was not working by time I went to bed.

Renny Lop
Wednesday was a day off work. A day to rest my shoulder, yar right. The tablet still was not working so when we could, me and my mum contacted the people who we brought the tablet from. The number we were given led to answer phone that say after the basic introduction of who they are: "Please leave your message after to beep and hang up after the message. BEEP." So we left a message. I then updated the DreamClix Dial Designs page in between over heats. Sadly I know I have to send it off this week to be looked at as my mum would be at home for the pickup guys. So I start to back up the laptop making sure the room was as cool as possible. I did want to make the phone call to book it in until it was all backed up just in case the was a problem and is was not fully back when it needed to go. While backing up, we decided to try HTC, as the whole answer phone thing felt quite bad and they had not gotten back yet (in fact they never did). HTC was wonderful and they booked it in for pick up tomorrow between 1PM to 5PM. With going down several times due to overheat, the backing up of the Laptop finished about 8PM, too later to book it in, so we had to wait until tomorrow morning to do it. I first decided to play so Pokémon Emerald, however I then realised that I all the notes I have been taking is on the tablet and if I lose the file and cannot longer do the write-ups. Face Palm. So I did not bother.

Thursday was another day off work. Early in the morning I posted a quick post about not being able to post blog posts for a while as I will not have a useable, internet healthy, computer while both the laptop and the tablet are away for repairs. After post the post I edited it to include the news of yesterday's update to the DreamClix Dial Design page. At 9AM my mum phoned up Knowhow (the new name for PC World's and Curries’ protection service for things like PCs and TVs). While she was on the phone I notice a crack on the case of the laptop over and mains port. OMFG, that's not safe at all. So we told the guy from Knowhow about it as we were still on the phone. They said they would have someone pick in up on Friday and that it would be back on the following Friday. Also they will give me a loan laptop for free until I get my laptop back. Panic over, I just need to get next Friday off work for them to return my laptop to me. After the phone call we went to have breakfast out and to do food shopping. While I was out, I decided to it would be best to cancel HeroClix this week as I have not been getting much sleep due to my shoulder/neck pains. When I got home I updated the post again to say I would be able to do blog post now while the tablet and laptop are away for repairs. In the afternoon the tablet was pick-up. For the rest of the day I worked on the HeroClix post as I had not been able to do any DreamClix dial ideas this week. In this week’s on the CosmicBreak update, we get two new moes. The Cosmic Ark's idol singer Lala Ricotte and her body guard Katalina.

On Friday morning there was a Tweeter from Blaire saying that she was going to see the Doctor about her problems. I manage to post the HeroClix special post in the morning before getting ready for work and getting the Laptop ready for pick up. The devilry guy turned up just as I was about to leave so I saw them pick up my laptop and drop off the loan one, but I did not have the time to look at the loan laptop. However I did hear that they give us a free 2Gb USB pen to save date on. I worked from 10:15AM to 3:30PM. At work we were busy due to new buy one get one free voucher starting today. Getting next Friday off because of this was a bit off a pain, but I manage to get it. Also at work, the office computer was back working. However as the hard drive was reformatted, we lost all the music on it. I had to use my phone as a source for music again. However after talking the manager we decided that I would bring a USB with music on it tomorrow to put onto the computer. When I got home I checked out the loan laptop when I found it was missing its battery. Beep. Luckily it will still work while plugged into the mains. I looked at the PDF guide to what should be with it and it was meant to come with a battery. So my mum phoned Knowhow to let them know. I was by the look of things a mistake of the people who dropped it off and they made a note so that when they drop off my laptop and pick up the loan one, they are not expecting a battery. They could of sent a new load laptop, but it would be too much hassle as I would have to get another day off work. Also from reading the PDF on the loan laptop I found out that the main reason they give you a USB pen was that the loan laptop will factory reset each time you turn it off. So the pen is for saving things on. Not that good when you take into account that I do not have a battery. It only has cut down versions of MS Word and Excel on it too. It is only useful for the very basics. On other news when I got home is that I received another cheque for advertising Cosplay Deviants. Sweet. This time it was $31. Great. I might need to look into other companies to earn some more money. In the evening I filled up to 2Gb USB pen with English music.

Shino Exroad
On Saturday morning I started work on a One Piece RPG using the BESM (Big Eyes, Small Mouths) D20 system. Before I went to coffee I banked the cheque in. At coffee this week there was just Darren H and Richard. We chatted about computer problem and London Expo. I plan on going to this Octobers one. After coffee I worked from 12PM to 4PM. Again I had to use my phone as a source of music for the store as the USB ports on the computer for some reason do not work. I cannot even copy music from CDs on to it as it does not have a CD drive, it just has a floppy drive. I did not do much after work that was worth noting.

Sunday was a standard day off work. I did a little more work on the One Piece RPG. As my mum was not filling well I had to get a bus to Richard's for role-play. In this week's game we fought a bunch of bandits and a group of special Gnoll. It now looks like Nathan with probably be running Alchemicals Exalted next. When I got home I did not do much, however I did post this week's "Watch, Listen and Read post.

Well that is all done now. The posts for the next seven days should be:

Wednesday the 28th of September: Cosplay Deviants review post and a DreamClix Dial Design update.
Friday the 30th of September: HeroClix post.
Saturday the 1st of October: Cosplay Deviants review post.
Sunday the 2nd of October: DreamClix Dial Design update and Watch, Listen and Read post.
Tuesday the 4th of October: Neoscream's Life post.

Well that is it for this week. Until next time, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment