MK HeroClix House Rules

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Neoscream's Life for the week of 27th of August to the 2nd of September

MS-14 Gelgoog
Welcome to another week of my life. For those new  to the blog, the "Neoscream's Life" posts are basically a weekly dairy of mine. The week before last was Jake's birthday party, but did last week bring. I have decided to change the format of the Neoscream's Life posts as by the weekend and Monday when I normally write this I cannot remember what has happened to me at the start of the week. So I will not be spliting it into days any more, just subjects and events. However the Watch, Listen and Read stuff be at the bottom of the post just before the list of the coming week's posts. This week there are six things I am talking about.

First off the chaos at work. For the whole week I ended up finishing later than what I was down for, at least an hour on most days. I am ok with the extra hours, however I would have liked to been warned about as it 'f's up any plans. On Wednesday I did six hours straight (11AM to 5PM), had a half an hour break and then finished fifteen minutes after coming back. Then of Thursday I came in at 10:30AM instead of 12PM as a favour and ended up finishing at 5:15PM with out a break (yes that's is right, nearly seven hour with no break). Beep, Beep, Beep. Luckily their they have given me the weekend off. Over all I ended up doing just over 30 hours of work this work which is better than normal.


I finally got season one Dragon Ball Z. The remastered redub by Funimation. The major difference that I noticed from the televised version was the music, all of it. It did not feel right, but I do know it is the original music, I am just too use to the old dub music. Also after watching 32 episodes of Dragon Ball Kai I realised just how much was cut out for it.


A friend of mine (Darren H) told me about a Dungeon Keeper like game a couple of weeks called Dungeons. Dungeon Keeper was one of (if not the) my favorite games of all time (including Dungeon Keeper 2), so so I was interested in playing to. I manage to get round to getting it off Steam on Wednesday and tried it out. The idea and concept was great, but the game play is a pain. You select thing in game with the right button and do special selections with the left, which can be a pain if you are use to using Windows. The fact that the Heroes get harder over time is another problem. I like spending time building up as I am slow. Also the dungeon heart does not heal on its own which can be a major pain if you do not know how to heal it. The fact that u have to pleasure the Heroes to build up there Soul Energy and the torture them to gain that energy is nice. Sadly it is no Dungeon Keeper, the Facebook game Dungeon Overlord is much better then this. I will keep on going on to see if it gets better.

At the beginning of the week my dad did manage to alter his time table at work so we could go to Claire's twins birthday party. However, on Friday the person who was ment to be covering for him on Sunday and his week off next week (or should I say this week) called in suck and will not be in for at less a week. As there is only one other member of management other than my dad due to holidays and sickness. So he no longer had the time off work to go. Beep, Beep, Beep.


On Saturday me, Nathan, Pete and Richard had a game of 7TV. This time their team raided a police station after setting off several explosives around the city the station was in. We quickly designs rules for Armed Police, or SWAT as we called them (as I writing this I realised SWAT is a American term not a UK term). They were Soldiers, but with Body Armour instead of Military Training. They manage to get a huge victory over the police, 15 victory points to 5.


Sunday last week the Programme Guide to Department X was released and during the week I manage to get a good look at it. OK, I have not read it all, but I do like the idea of these Programme Guides and I can not wait until the Argonauts one. On Sunday I post three rules questions I had. The first one was to do with the High Tech special ability that was bought up in the games me, Nathan, Pete and Richard played. Luckily we have been playing it right. The second question was brought up in the Department X Programme Guide, but it was due to a error in the Summer Special book the was never noted or may be never notice due to the old Department X show special effect. There was one brought up on Saturday's game which I wanted to make sure we were reading it right. Also on Sunday night the Programme Guide for S.H.I.V.A. was released. I have not really read it yet, but I have had a glance at it. The new Gadget card they gain it is really good and I am happy to see Throwing Knives have been added to the game. My only real problems I have with the Throwing Knives is that they are technical S.H.I.V.A. only, same with Tiger Claw. I might ignore that as a house rule.

Now for the Watch, Listen and Read section:

Monday
Watched: Wallace and Gromit at the Proms and episode 1 of season 9 of New Tricks.
Listened: Episode 330 of Anime Pulse.

Tuesday
Watched: Episodes 84 to 86 of The Gadget Show Web TV, part of episode 1005 of WWE Raw, a Gadget Show web clip (Blur Interview) and episode 407 of One Piece.
Listened: Episode 190 of Manga Pulse.
Read: Chapter 104 of Dragon Ball.

Wednesday
Watched: A Gadget Show web clip (Kinect) and the rest of episode 105 of WWE Raw.
Listened: Episode 65 of VG Pulse.
Brought and Received: Got Dungeons Gold on Steam.

Thursday
Watched: Episodes 1 to 3 of Dragon Ball Z.
Brought and Received: Got season one of Dragon Ball Z in the post.

Friday
Watched: Episode 4 to 9 of Dragon Ball Z and episode 2 of season 2 of Iron Man: Armour Advances.
Listened: Episode 191 of Manga Pulse.

Saturday
Watched: Episode 10 to 11 of Dragon Ball Z and episode 3 of season 2 of Iron Man: Armour Advances.

Sunday
Watched: GeekySica (Jsica) Mail Time 30-08-12, GeekySica (Jsica) Personal 01-09-12, episode 1 of season 7 of Doctor Who, episode 680 of WWE Smackdown and a Gadget Show web clip (Driver: San Francisco @ E3 2010 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood @ E3 2010).
Listened: Episode 97 of the Unofficial One Piece podcast.
Brought and Received: I brought Programme Guide: S.H.I.V.A..

Here is a list of posts that I will be posted during the coming week:

Friday the 7th of September: "MK HeroClix" and "7TV Teams: G.O.D.S. (100)".
Sunday the 9th of September: "Cosmic Cosplay".
Tuesday the 11th of September: "Neoscream's Life" and "7TV Teams: Tau Invasion Force (150)".

Hope people enjoy the new format. Well until next time, Mecha Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment