Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First off is the HeroClix news. This week we had previews of: Banshee, Black Tom Cassidy and Siryn from Marvel Deadpool; and Saint Walker, Ganthet, Kyle Rayner (Blue Lantern version), Hal Jordan (Blue Lantern version), Brother Hymn, Sister Sercy, Brother Warth, the Red Lantern Ring and the Red Lantern Ring Power Battery from DC War of Light.
|The Glaug Officer's Battlepod and Quel Recon Pod Sprue|
Next is the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics, production should be starting soon all the modes are done. They are just waiting a corrections, adjustments and final masters for the Destroids, the Valkyries and the rulebook. I really dealt that the first wave will ship this quarter as they have to product stuff for over 5k backers in China then ship it to the USA on ships, repackage them to send to the over 5k backers and then ship them to the backers in least than two months (OK I am no expert, but it does seem a hell of a lot for just under two months). However, the Battle Foam bags WILL ship with the first wave stuff and we got previews of the Battle Dice, colour guide (which still needs more work done to it), the Artillery Pod sprue, the Regult Tactical Battlepods sprue, the Glaug officer’s Battlepod with Quel Recon Pod sprue, the Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod Sprue and a blast template molded in clear plastic (the final version will be transparent blue with the numbers, lines, and outer circle painted in white).
They have made a post last night apologising for the delays, however they never gave new rough dates.
|The Monkey King from Journey: Wrath of Daemons|
Now for the Journey: Wrath of Daemons news. This week we got images comparing the resin and PVC plastic for the four Pilgrims. They are nowhere near the quality of the Kingdom Death: Monster Hard Plastics, but that are still good.
Next is the Kingdom Death news. The Pin-ups of Death box set is out of stock again, however as they are a General release product, they will were quickly restocked. Monday morning saw two new items added to the web store and a bunch of restocks. The two new items were Satan and the Gold Smoke Knight. The restock were Great Mother, Female Great Game Hunter, Flower Knight and White Speaker Nico. However by now there is just Gold Smoke Knight, pre-orders for a second batch of Satan, the Pinups of Death Box Set, Female Great Game Hunter, White Speaker Nico, Slender Man, Dung Beetle Knight, Experiment of Death Box Set, 54mm Twilight Knight Pinup, Pinup White Speaker, White Speaker, Pinup Great Game Hunter and 54mm Pinup Preacher. However the pre-orders for Satan will be ending TODAY, so get in quick if you want them, but please do read on first for some IMPORTANT information on Satan you might want to know before ordering them.
|Gold Smoke Knight from Kingdom Death|
OK let us talk about the two new figures. First is the Gold Smoke Knight. I really like the background and the sculpt is OK. If this became a gaming piece for Monster, I would pick it up with all the other Knights. The Gold Smoke Knight was hand sculpted by Thomas David with the concept art by Yasmine Putri. Here is his background:
“There was once a fertile land of golden grass and prideful lions. Uncounted centuries ago, a parasite took root and over time a corrupted city grew to engulf the plains. The Golden Knight, a mysterious guardian of these lands, waged a losing war against the corruption. As futile years passed, the knight’s appearance grew twisted and haggard as the land itself. It’s glorious mane fell out, replaced by angry wailing smoke billowing in its place and the Gold Smoke Knight was born.”
|Satan (Twins) from Kingdom Death|
Next is the long awaited Kingdom Death take (well the game creator Adam) of Satan, a set of lesbian incest human (looking) twins. They were quite interesting twist of Satan. I really liked the look of the sword wielding sister from first glance and after reading and brought them with only reading the first sentence of their background. Afterwards I read the full background (meanly the armours of living tongues) and looking closer to the half skirt/cloak, I realised Maybe I should not have brought them due to the greater erotic nature of the figures (the post and unrevealing of the one with the staff was bad) would be very embarrassing, especially painting them sitting next to my mum (OK Illuminated Lady will be a nightmare when I finally start her). They are still great models and I will keep them. Satan was hand sculpted by Jacques Alexandre Gillois with the concept art by Lokman Lam. Here is his background:
|Full long artwork found on Facebook|
|Old full long artwork found on Facebook|
after ordering. The staff was changed
“So great was Satan’s self-obsession that it split into twin hermaphrodite lovers to share the world with itself. They roam Kingdom Death, drunk with self-lust and power, trapped by their own vanity in fragile human frames. Their armour of living tongues shares the taste of the world between the twins. Satan is a vicious masochist, poisoning the minds of any it comes across. The pair is well hated by other entities, as they only seek to disrupt balance for their own satisfaction.”
To support the release of their first hard plastics (OK the Pinups of Death Box Set) had come out a while ago), they had the talented Mr. Scott Hockley from the UK to write an advanced painting guide for the Pinup Architect. The fantastic Pinup Architect from Salute was from Scott (which sadly did not win any prizes), however this guild was not that one. The is on the Kingdom Death website under galleries.
We are still waiting for the BIG update on KickStarter with new sculpts from the expansion packs and hopefully some shipment news. If it happens before Sunday's "Gaming with Neoscream" post, I will try to add it into that post.
|Mars Attacks painted Civilians|
Now for the Mantic news. We got a Mars Attacks update this week. The PayPal Invoices should hopefully be sent out sometime next week. We also got previews of some pages from the rulebook and an image of a painted Civilian Pack. With Deadzone this week we got some CAD images of the Mercenary Bjarn Starnafall and with DreadBall this week we got some CAD images of the MVP Koris Jack and the head of the Kickstarter Exclusive Sponsor Ardia Shi'lek. Also in other Mantic news we finally got images of the remaining Battlezones sets.
|Brisket from Guild Ball|
Next is the Cool Mini or Not news. This week we got a new Zombicide mission called “The Great Escape”. We also got this week painted images of Montoya, Hitch and the Minotaur from Arcadia Quest. Oh and the Pledge Manager for Arcadia Quest is now up.
Now for the Guild Ball news. This week we got fully coloured artwork of the Engineer's Guild and the current CAD sculpt for Brisket from the Butcher’s Guild.
Next is the Mekton news. The Core Book, Missions and Kalia/Kondur Reference book are all getting some serious editing at the moment and we got a bunch of sketches of artwork still being done.
|Battle System Fantasy|
Now for the Crooked Dice Games news. 1st of May has been and gone and we still oddly do not have the May release. They are maybe still recovering from Salute.
Next is the Battle System news. They are plan on doing fantasy dungeon terrain. It was originally pencilled in for early summer, however it may be more like early autumn as they want to get feedback from their Sci-Fi terrain range first.
Now for the Privateer Press news. We got the July release this week. They will be the Cygnar Character Solo Lieutenant Allison Jakes (General Release version), the Protectorate Epic Warcaster Battle Engine Servath Reznik the Wrath of Ages, the Protectorate Character Solo Initiate Tristan Durant (General Release version), the Khador Character Solo Kovnik Andrei Malakov (General Release version), the Cryx Unit Bile Thralls, the Cryx Character Solo Aiakos the Scourge of Meredius (General Release version), the Retribution Character Solo Elara the Tyro of the Third Chamber (General Release version), the Mercenary Character Solo Gastone Crosse (General Release version), the Trollblood Character Heavy Warbeast “Dozer and Smigg”, the High Command Hordes Expansion pack “Gargantuan Might”, the Zombiez Keep Out Expansion set “Night of the Noxious Dead” and issue 55 of No Quarter Magazine.
|The DreadBall Extreme MVP Koris Jack|
Next is some general gaming news. It has been officially revealed this week that both Warhammer 40,000 and Infinity are getting new editions this year. Seventh edition Warhammer 40,000 is coming out on the 24th of May with pre-orders starting a week beforehand. Yes that is right good old Games Workshop have only given people less than one month notice for the new rules. OK there were rumours since the beginning of the year about it. It had only been two years since sixth edition, but it does feel super rushed. Will it just be an updated version like fourth to sixth edition or a remake like second and third edition, I do not know.
With Infinity third edition, all we know is that it will be out later this year.
Lastly I have had a better look at KickStarter and put together the top 20 non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made:
20. Wrath of Kings - $718,153
19. DreadBall - $728,982 (Backed at Striker Level)
18. Arcadia Quest - $774,222 (Backed at Guildmaster level)
17. Zombicide Season 1 - $781,597 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own the game)
16. MERCS Recon - $816,273
15. Relic Knights - $909,537
14. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
13. Myth - $926,112
12. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
11. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
10. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
9. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level sadly)
8. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
7. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,144,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
6. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
5. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in rom the 2013 Black Friday deal)
4. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
3. Zombicide Season 2 - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
2. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
1. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
I also would like make an Honourable mention. Warmachine Tactics which made $1,578,950. I never listed it in the top 20 as it was officially a computer game KickStarter. However it is based on a miniature game and had some gaming miniatures in it as rewards.
· “Mekton Zero” rulebook was meant to be shipped, however they have been delayed due to problems and currently have no dates
· Both “Elven Adventurers Box Set” and the physical side of “Warmachine Tactics” have begun shipping
· Both “Kingdom Death Monster” and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should be shipping sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Zombicide Season Three” should start sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Among the Sleep” should be done sometime between now and the end of June 2014
· “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” and wave two of “Deadzone” should ship in June 2014
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in July-September 2014
· “Mechabrick” should being shipping anytime from July 2014 onwards
· "Interface Zero 2.0" should begin shipping in July 2014
· “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks), “Shadows of Brimstone” and “Mars Attacks” are all listed to ship in August 2014
· “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
· The "Battle System Fantasy Dungeon Terrain" KickStarter should start sometime between August and November 2014
· “Arcadia Quest” is listed to ship in September 2014
· At a wild guess “OVA” main rulebook will ship in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
· Wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” should ship in October-December 2014
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· “DreadBall Xtreme” is listed to ship in November 2014
· Both “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King” and “Guild Ball” are listed to ship in December 2014
Painting and Converting
This week I have four Judwin players, the DreadBall Mech, White Sentai and three Wing Guards.
|This week's figures front view|
|This week's figures rear view|
|This week's DreadBall figures|
|The Golden Bugs Judwin team|
|This week's 7TV figures|
|300 rating G.O.D.S. team. A roster and rules for the Wing Guard should be in the next "Gaming with Neoscream" post|
Next week there should be a “Painting and Converting” section in the “Neoscream’s Life” as there will be no AJ Lee or WWE news. In that post there should be the Mercenary The Survivor, the Mercenary Blaine, two Grogans, a converted Teraton Brawler and two Survey Drones.
Until next time, Keep Rolling.