MK HeroClix House Rules

Sunday 18 May 2014

Gaming with Neoscream: 18th May 2014

Welcome to “Gaming with Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming report and event write up post for miniature games, RPGs, card games and computer games. Sadly it is a short one this week.



"This Week's Events"

On Monday I went to Wargames Workshop MK for a practice game for the Warmachine/Hoards tournament on Saturday. I played against Joe Mead using my Tier 2 “The Great Machine” list. He was using a Retribution force. I lost the game due to killing my Warcaster, however he had to kill his own guys to get to my Warcaster.

Due to due to some unknown red rash I had all over my body and advice from my parents I did not go to HeroClix this week. I do not know at the moment if they played without me or not, so I do not know if next week will be the “The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” scenario or not.

On Saturday I went to Wargames Workshop MK for the second Warmachine/Hoards tournament of the year there. The rules for this week’s tournament were standard Steamroller rules. This time I had two lists which are listed in the “Armies” section. On the first round I was up against a Cryx force, on the second round I was up against a Khador force, on the third round I was up against a Legion force, and on the fourth round I was up against a Trolls force. I used my first list on all but the fourth round which I used my second list. There was no fifth round as there was a clear winner by four rounds. I sadly lost all my games, however most of them were VERY close, most being just by one control point. Sadly this meant I won the Wooden spoon again, but every I did win another Convergence pendant. The winner of the tournament was Joe Cox. The next Wargames Workshop MK Warmachine/Hoards tournament will be in two months’ time. The rules are bring two Tier lists of at Tier 2 or above. I have one but the second might be a problem.



"Armies"


Here in my list one force which is a Tier 2 “The Great Machine” theme force.

Forge Master Syntherion +6 to build (only for Vectors)
Corollary 3
Cipher 9
Inverter 8
Monitor 8
2 x Mitigator 4 x 2 = 8
Galvanizer 3
Accretion Servitors 1
=40 points (41 max)

And here is my second list:

Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer +6 to build (only for Vectors)
Corollary 3
Inverter 8
Cipher 9
2 Galvanizer 3 x 2 = 6
Steelsoul Protector 2
Accretion Servitors 1
Reciprocators (Leader and four Grunts) 9
Clockwork Angels (Leader and two Grunts) 3
=41 points (max 41 points)



"Future Events"

These are local gaming events in Milton Keynes I know of, Guardians of Tyr events at Wargames Workshop Northampton and other events I plan on going to or want to advertise.

·         On Mondays (not including Bank Holidays) at Wargames Workshop MK is Wargaming and board games night.
·         On Tuesdays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Card games night (or is it just Magic the Gathering).
·         On Thursdays York House in Stony Stratford is open from Wargamers and Boardgamers.
·         On Fridays at Wargames Workshop MK it is Friday Night Magic.
·         On Monday the 19th of April Guardians of Tyr will be running the final week of their Star Wars X-Wing League at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         Maybe on Thursday the 22th of May, there is HeroClix at York House in Stony Stratford. Not too sure at the moment due to York House being a polling station. If it is happening it will most likely be entre from the back and go upstairs.
·         On Friday the 6th of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a High Command tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I should be there.
·         On Saturday the 7th of June Guardians of Tyr will be running a DreadBall tournament at Wargames Workshop MK. I plan on being there.
·         On Sunday the 22nd of June, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop Northampton.
·         On Saturday the 5th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Star Wars X-Wing tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.
·         On Saturday the 19th of July, Guardians of Tyr will be running a Steam Roller Warmachine/Hoards tournament at Wargames Workshop MK.

Wargames Workshop MK has a £2 gaming fee or £4 with a pack of Magic the Gathering cards unless it is a paid tournament run by Guardians of Tyr (not including High Command). Weekday events normally start “playing” at 7PM.

For rules for Guardians of Tyr tournaments and leagues as well as information on pre booking your place in tournament. Pre booking is highly recommended so they know how many people are coming. So please go to their website which there is a link to it under my links section which are located on the right hand side of this blog.

York House has a £3 on the day gaming fee and a £5 fee for a year’s membership. However the first day is free and they only take yearly membership fee at the start of the year. The Hall officially opens at 7PM, but normally people start arrived 15 to 20 minutes early.



Until next time, Keep Rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment