Welcome to “Gaming News from Neoscream”. This is my weekly gaming news post for miniature games, RPGs, some card games and computer games.
First of there is the Stonehaven Miniatures. Their “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” KickStarter had ended last Sunday. Their made $36,334 and 1,221 backers. The goodies they managed to unlocked since last week’s post were: A Long Lonesome Highway; and a Bridge over Troubled Water; On Target; and the Playing Field.
Sadly we did not unlock the Toppled Arches.
Next is the Mechadrome Heavy Metal Combat KickStarter news. The KickStarter has ended and they made $6,417 with 74 backers. The goodies they unlocked so far since last week’s post were: All backers of $20 or more will get a lifetime 10% discount on the Gangfight Games online store.
The Stretch Goals that sadly were not done by the end were: The backers can choose to add for free ever two Hazards or Objective markers to the on pledges of $100 or more at $10k; the Light Mech Trion at $13k; Terran Heavy Mechs which stand 10mm tall at $16k; the Medium Mech Omega Centauri at $20k; also at $20k all backers of $100 or more will gain one free light mech of their choose; and Bionic Light Mech(s) at $25k. They will be made in the future, but there will be a wait and the order of things will change.
Now for the Cool Mini or Not news. The Zombicide Season Three KickStarter has finally started and within nine minutes the expansions were funded and after the first twenty-four hours they done way over a half a million. WOW. There are two Backer levels (not including the early bird versions). These are: Infected which comes with Rue Morgue and the V.I.P. (Very Infected People) walkers box set one; and Patient 0 which comes everything from Infected, Angry Neighbours and both the Zombie and Human version of the LE Survivor Audrey. I am backing this at Patient 0 level.
The stretch goals that have been unlocked since they started have been: A Purple Storage Box with all the promo Dashboards from Season One and Two added to both pledge levels; eight more Skinner Walkers added to both pledge levels; four Skinner Runners added to both pledge levels; eight more Skinner Crawlers added to both pledge levels; two more Skinner Fatties added to both pledge levels; three copies of the Exclusive Slave Princess Leia V.I.P. zombie added to both pledge levels; nine more Seeker Zombies added to both pledge levels; one more A-Bomb Abomination added to both pledge levels; both the Human and Zombie version of Lucius added to both pledge levels; a set of six yellow dice added to both pledge levels; both the Human and Zombie version of Cat added to both pledge levels; an Exclusive female A-Bomb Abomination added to both pledge levels; Campaigns for both Rue Morgue and Angry Neighbours; the map editor will be updated; a set of six brown dice added to both pledge levels; three copies of the Exclusive Elvis Presley V.I.P. zombie added to both pledge levels; a dice bag added to both pledge levels; both the Human and Zombie versions of Doc added to both pledge levels; both the Human and Zombie versions of Patrick as an add-on; a new guest artist box by Miguel Coimbra as an add-on; Pimp Weapon Cards added to both pledge levels; eleven more V.I.P. spawn cards added to both pledge levels; two sets of two 3D Barrier tokens added to both pledge levels; two copies of the Police Officer V.I.P. zombie added to both pledge levels; both the Human and Zombie versions of Jesse added to both pledge levels; two copies of the Sailor V.I.P. zombie; a new (fantastic) guest artist box by Paolo Parente as an add-on; two copies of the Construction Worker V.I.P. zombie added to both pledge levels; the Team Building Deck added to both pledge; and the Human version of Oksana as an add-on (a Zombie version will be added as a future stretch goal. Please note I am not listing old stuff being added as add-ons.
The stretch goals that are still going as I post this are: Five Storm of Crows figures will be added to both pledge levels at £1.05m; and Storms of Crows spawn cards will be added to both pledge levels at £1.1m.
There is one odd thing I have noticed, none of the Survivors from Rue Morgue have Zombivors. Will we see their Zombivor versions later in the KickStarter as an add-on or a stretch goal?
|Pinup Wet Nurse|
Next is the Kingdom Death news. The store had a major update Monday night/Tuesday morning. There was a new figure of the long awaited Pinup Wet Nurse, the resin version of the King a special clearance deal on the Experiment of Death called Naked Experiment of Death and the female Savior ages figures were restocked (20, 40, 80 and Super). However both the 20 and 40 year old versions of the Savior and the resin version of the King were sold out within a couple of hours and by the time this post went up the Pinup Wet Nurse and Super version of Savior have sold out too. Due to how fast the King sold out by, Adam decided to do what he did with Satan, place a second wave pre-order. The Naked Experiment of Death deal is two sets of the Experiment of Death minus boxes and with one set of cards (however the cards are limited) for just $25 (one set in the box costs $65). The standard Experiment of Death comes with a PVC Wet Nurse, three PVC Female Servants, a PVC Pinup Twilight Knight, two double sided arts cards and a box to hold it all. I will be picking this up, but I will wait a little while. Also we got an advance painting guide for the Pinup Forsaker.
Now for the Mantic news. This week we had previews of the third Deadzone rule book, Incursion. The PDF version will be sent to all backs in the next couple of months. We also got colour pictures of the Striders and their cards.
Beasts of War has been invaded by Ronnie and there should be a LOT of new things being reveal over the weekend and come week from Mantic on Beasts of War.
Next is the Privateer Press news. The new computer specs for the beta version of Warmachine Tactics is now out and there is now a Facebook page and Twitter account for the game.
Now for the Knight Miniatures news. Deathstroke is the next DC character they are currently working on. Sweet.
Next is the Ninja Division news. With Robotech RPG Tactics, all but the Tomahawk and the Defender from the Wave one stuff are in manufacturing now. The Tomahawk and the Defender should hopefully enter manufacturing tomorrow, that if they are no more errors on them. I cannot see this in July now. Maybe mid-August.
Lastly here is this month’s look at the top 20 non-computer gaming KickStarters. Here they are in descending order with how much they made unless the KickStarter is still going:
20. DreadBall - $728,982 (Backed at Striker Level)
19. Arcadia Quest - $774,222 (Backed at Guildmaster level)
17. MERCS Recon - $816,273
16. Relic Knights - $909,537
15. Ogre Designer's Edition by Steve Jackson Games - $923,680
14. Myth - $926,112
13. Sedition Wars - $951,254 (Did not back, but I do own the game)
12. *Zombicide Season Three - Still Going (Backed at Patient 0 level)*
11. Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King - $1,151,890 (Backed at $1 sadly)
10. Deadzone - $1,216,483 (Backed at Scout level)
9. Shadows of Brimstone - $1,341,305 (Backed at Cowpoke level sadly)
8. Cthulhu Wars - $1,403,981
7. Robotech RPG Tactics - $1,442,312 (Backed at Battle Cry level)
6. Revolutionary Miniature Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $1,908,156
5. Kingdom Death - $2,049,721 (Sadly did not backed, but managed to get in rom the 2013 Black Friday deal)
4. Dwarvenite Game Tiles Terrain by Dwarven Forge - $2,140,851
3. Zombicide Season Two - $2,255,018 (Sadly did not backed, but I do own box sets)
2. Bones II from Reaper Miniatures - $3,169,611
1. Bones from Reaper Miniatures - $3,429,236
I also would like make an Honourable mention. Warmachine Tactics which made $1,578,950. I never listed it in the top 20 as it was officially a computer game KickStarter. However it is based on a miniature game and had some gaming miniatures in it as rewards.
· “Mekton Zero”, “Kingdom Death Monster” and “Mechabrick” have been delay due to problems and both currently have no dates on when these will start shipping.
· “Zombicide Season Three” KickStarter will end on the should start on the 27th of July 2014
· Both “Interface Zero 2.0” and wave two of “Deadzone” should begin shipping in July 2014
· Both “Battle Systems Sci-fi Modular Terrain” and wave one of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should ship in July-August 2014
· “Dwarf King's Hold” KickStarter” should start sometime in end July to early August 2014
· “Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set” (comes with a digital copy of the old RPG rulebooks), “Shadows of Brimstone”, “Mars Attacks” and “Dust Operation Babylon” are all listed to ship in August 2014
· “Warmachine Tactics” Computer game is listed to be done and out by August 2014
· The "Battle System Fantasy Dungeon Terrain" KickStarter should start sometime between August and November 2014
· Both “Arcadia Quest” and “Pop-Up Miniature Terrain Kit” are listed to ship in September 2014
· At a wild guess “OVA” main rulebook will ship in September 2014
· Wave two of “Robotech RPG Tactics” should hopefully be shipping in September-October 2014
· Wave one of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” is set to ship in October 2014 at the earliness
· “StarCrawlers” is listed to be done and out by November 2014
· Both wave One of “DreadBall Xtreme” and “Last Saga” are listed to ship in November 2014
· “Super Dungeon Explore The Forgotten King”, “Guild Ball” and “Mechadrome” are all listed to ship in December 2014
· Wave two of “DreadBall Xtreme” is meant to ship sometime in 2015 and I am guessing wave two of “Journey Wrath of Daemons” has be push back to this time too
· “Zombicide Season Three” should ship February 2015
“Painting and Converting”
This week we have the six Standard Zombie Walkers, two Standard Zombie Runners, a Standard Zombie Fatty and a Dog Companion.
|Today's figures front view|
|Today's figures rear view|
|The seventh wave of Standard Zombies from the Season One|
In next week’s post there will be Pinup Architect, Pinup White Speaker, the Menoth Journeyman Character Initiate Tristan Durant, the Menoth Warcaster Feora priestess of the flame and the Menoth character Heavy Warjack Blood of Martyrs. With AJ back, there will not be any more "Painting and Converting" on the "Neoscream's Life" post (unless for some weird reason there is no news for the week).
Until next time, Keep Rolling.